Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

Originally posted by nefan View Post
    I believe the format is the same for at least next year. Not sure what the coaches think but yes it does not help them with Pairwise. It actually hurts them as they beat up on each other. With that said not sure they can do anything now. Would be difficult to pick up 3-4 non-conference games this late. I bet most teams schedules are done? It would be beneficial for the CCC schools to pick up more non conference and get rid of this format.
    With Suffolk coming back to the conference 2020 my guess and hope is this will be the last year playing against random conference teams three times in the regular season. Looking at some schedules for this upcoming season I saw Nichols opens in the Buffalo State Tournament against Adrian. It will be interesting to see if they bang heads similar to Salve - Adrian.

Comment

Originally posted by CCC Fan View Post
      With Suffolk coming back to the conference 2020 my guess and hope is this will be the last year playing against random conference teams three times in the regular season. Looking at some schedules for this upcoming season I saw Nichols opens in the Buffalo State Tournament against Adrian. It will be interesting to see if they bang heads similar to Salve - Adrian.
      Yes with Suffolk coming back into the CCC the schedule will be home/home moving forward. Some nice OOC games for a lot of the teams next year. Nichols/Adrian as you mention. Salve was supposed to play Adrain again this year at the Norwich tourney but something changed there and Adrain is not going. Curry is going to Europe and opening the season with UMB and Babson. UNE has Norwich among others. Salve is in the Norwich tourney as well as the Utica tourney.

Will be interesting to see who some of these teams bring onto their rosters...

Comment

Happy 4th of July to all!

Comment

I am sure the folks at Hamilton College are aware of this, but I had never seen this. What a great story!

https://www.wbur.org/onlyagame/2018/...DWput0UN8thDiw

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
            I am sure the folks at Hamilton College are aware of this, but I had never seen this. What a great story!

+111111

Comment

Kids are returning to campus for the start of another season. I have noticed that the Nichols team has been "introducing" their new players via Twitter. Also Noticed that Curry has a new homes, the Canton Ice House. This seems to be a nice new facility with up to dat locker rooms and even a cafe! It looks like several of the CCC Teams were busy in the NAHL recruiting. (I am not industrious enough to put them into a spreadsheet for others to see! Sorry.)

I have heard rumors of some assistant coaches moving around, but I haven't seen anything official from any of the schools. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Comment

Obviously, some changes are happening in Biddeford. https://www.uscho.com/2019/09/09/not...hockey-intern/
                Not sure who is the new assistant for the Nor'Easters. Best of Luck to Jack at Notre Dame.

Comment

What a great story, especially a central New Yorker !
                  It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Teams return to the ice this week! Took long enough to get here. OK, CCC People, let us know how you think your team is gonna do this year. I really liked the way Nichols introduced their recruits via Twitter this year. Anyone who follows the Bison, must be excited to see that group of kids coming in!

Comment

Teams return to the ice this week! Took long enough to get here. OK, CCC People, let us know how you think your team is gonna do this year. I really liked the way Nichols introduced their recruits via Twitter this year. Anyone who follows the Bison, must be excited to see that group of kids coming in!
                      I've seen some of the captains practices and they have 7 new incoming freshmen that look solid.

Comment

Originally posted by landing1010 View Post
                        I've seen some of the captains practices and they have 7 new incoming freshmen that look solid.
                        I am thinking that those of us who follow CCC Teams are lucky that our league is so good. We have schools that are committed to their programs, for the most part. I am sure that EC, Salve, Nichols and UNE are going to vie for the top spot, but Curry and Wentworth are going to create some upset in the league universe. Can't wait for it all to start.

BTW, is Salve still playing their games at the Abbey?

Comment

I am thinking that those of us who follow CCC Teams are lucky that our league is so good. We have schools that are committed to their programs, for the most part. I am sure that EC, Salve, Nichols and UNE are going to vie for the top spot, but Curry and Wentworth are going to create some upset in the league universe. Can't wait for it all to start.

UNE, Salve, Curry, Nichols, Endicott will be the top 5 and anyone of them could win the league. Looking at their NC schedules there is also the possibility to beat some very good teams out of conference. Most are playing in all the quality tournaments. Curry is going to Europe over the winter break. UNE will need to replace Fleurant, Salve-Wojtala, Curry-White, Endicott-Bowes, bessinger, kucerovy, olson, and Nichols has a few as well. It will be interesting to see how last years freshman progress and what this years freshman bring to the table. Its close now. Stay tuned.

Comment

That is what their website still says
                            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Yes- they are still a the Abbey. They made a lot of improvements over the years, but it is still sub-par. There was talk of them playing at St. Georges, which would not only give them a great facility, but it is also right near campus. There has also been some chatter about an on-campus facility, but the local property owners (Bellevue Ave) have squashed it so far

Comment

• Originally posted by landing1010 View Post
                                Yes- they are still a the Abbey. They made a lot of improvements over the years, but it is still sub-par. There was talk of them playing at St. Georges, which would not only give them a great facility, but it is also right near campus. There has also been some chatter about an on-campus facility, but the local property owners (Bellevue Ave) have squashed it so far
                                From what i see, unfortunately Salve remains at the Abbey. Newport is a great place to recruit players BUT the facility is hurting them. Looking throughout the CCC Hockey facilities UNE is tops, followed by Endicott, Curry (now with their new home), Nichols, WNEU, Becker, WIT, Salve, Suffolk. A move by Salve to St. George (like the Women) would be a huge plus. Salve has stepped up their facilities for Football, Softball and others with the renovation of Toppa Field but their MIH facility is (as noted above) below par. They need to make a move, the players, coaches and fans deserve better.

Comment

Working...
                                X