Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 144

Thread: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

  1. #101
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    251

    Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

    Looks like the @ECHL @WorcesterNailers picked up two CCC standouts for their game against the Norfolk Admirals. Wojtala played most of the game and gave up one goal (a shorty), stopped 26 of 27 shots in 56:59 AND picked up 2 PIMS. Endicott's Ross Ollsen had one goal, one fight, just needed the assist for the "Gordie Howe Hat Trick". Great to see the CCC lids moving on!

  2. #102
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    839
    Nice win last night for UNE and the CCC. Salve gets to the championship game last year and now UNE is one win from getting to the final four. The CCC is strong.

  3. #103
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    839
    Nice win last night for UNE and the CCC. Salve gets to the championship game last year and now UNE is one win from getting to the final four. The CCC is strong.

  4. #104
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    251

    Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

    Now that the season is over, and we start thinking about golf in a few weeks (at least here in the Northeast!), does anyone have thoughts on the scheduling format of the CCC? The home-and-home series for each team over one weekend and the additional games against selected conference opponents. Regardless of who the extra opponents were, these games did have an impact on the league standings, at the least. Since I don't understand the PWR, I don't know if these additional games impacted that as well.

    I don't know how the institutions feel about the scheduling format, or the coaches. Anyone have any insight into this?

  5. #105
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    839
    Quote Originally Posted by dinocoach View Post
    Now that the season is over, and we start thinking about golf in a few weeks (at least here in the Northeast!), does anyone have thoughts on the scheduling format of the CCC? The home-and-home series for each team over one weekend and the additional games against selected conference opponents. Regardless of who the extra opponents were, these games did have an impact on the league standings, at the least. Since I don't understand the PWR, I don't know if these additional games impacted that as well.

    I don't know how the institutions feel about the scheduling format, or the coaches. Anyone have any insight into this?
    I believe the format is the same for at least next year. Not sure what the coaches think but yes it does not help them with Pairwise. It actually hurts them as they beat up on each other. With that said not sure they can do anything now. Would be difficult to pick up 3-4 non-conference games this late. I bet most teams schedules are done? It would be beneficial for the CCC schools to pick up more non conference and get rid of this format.

  6. #106
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    68

    Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by nefan View Post
    I believe the format is the same for at least next year. Not sure what the coaches think but yes it does not help them with Pairwise. It actually hurts them as they beat up on each other. With that said not sure they can do anything now. Would be difficult to pick up 3-4 non-conference games this late. I bet most teams schedules are done? It would be beneficial for the CCC schools to pick up more non conference and get rid of this format.
    With Suffolk coming back to the conference 2020 my guess and hope is this will be the last year playing against random conference teams three times in the regular season. Looking at some schedules for this upcoming season I saw Nichols opens in the Buffalo State Tournament against Adrian. It will be interesting to see if they bang heads similar to Salve - Adrian.

  7. #107
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    839

    Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by CCC Fan View Post
    With Suffolk coming back to the conference 2020 my guess and hope is this will be the last year playing against random conference teams three times in the regular season. Looking at some schedules for this upcoming season I saw Nichols opens in the Buffalo State Tournament against Adrian. It will be interesting to see if they bang heads similar to Salve - Adrian.
    Yes with Suffolk coming back into the CCC the schedule will be home/home moving forward. Some nice OOC games for a lot of the teams next year. Nichols/Adrian as you mention. Salve was supposed to play Adrain again this year at the Norwich tourney but something changed there and Adrain is not going. Curry is going to Europe and opening the season with UMB and Babson. UNE has Norwich among others. Salve is in the Norwich tourney as well as the Utica tourney.

    Will be interesting to see who some of these teams bring onto their rosters...

  8. #108
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    251

    Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

    Happy 4th of July to all!

  9. #109
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    251

    Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

    I am sure the folks at Hamilton College are aware of this, but I had never seen this. What a great story!

    https://www.wbur.org/onlyagame/2018/...DWput0UN8thDiw

  10. #110
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,588

    Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by dinocoach View Post
    I am sure the folks at Hamilton College are aware of this, but I had never seen this. What a great story!

    https://www.wbur.org/onlyagame/2018/...DWput0UN8thDiw
    +111111

  11. #111
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    251

    Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

    Kids are returning to campus for the start of another season. I have noticed that the Nichols team has been "introducing" their new players via Twitter. Also Noticed that Curry has a new homes, the Canton Ice House. This seems to be a nice new facility with up to dat locker rooms and even a cafe! It looks like several of the CCC Teams were busy in the NAHL recruiting. (I am not industrious enough to put them into a spreadsheet for others to see! Sorry.)

    I have heard rumors of some assistant coaches moving around, but I haven't seen anything official from any of the schools. Has anyone heard anything about this?

  12. #112
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    251

    Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

    Obviously, some changes are happening in Biddeford. https://www.uscho.com/2019/09/09/not...hockey-intern/
    Not sure who is the new assistant for the Nor'Easters. Best of Luck to Jack at Notre Dame.

  13. #113
    Here every day
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    rome,n.y.13440 usa
    Posts
    6,556

    Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by dinocoach View Post
    I am sure the folks at Hamilton College are aware of this, but I had never seen this. What a great story!

    https://www.wbur.org/onlyagame/2018/...DWput0UN8thDiw
    What a great story, especially a central New Yorker !
    It all starts with the goaltending.

  14. #114
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    251

    Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

    Teams return to the ice this week! Took long enough to get here. OK, CCC People, let us know how you think your team is gonna do this year. I really liked the way Nichols introduced their recruits via Twitter this year. Anyone who follows the Bison, must be excited to see that group of kids coming in!

  15. #115
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    242

    Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by dinocoach View Post
    Teams return to the ice this week! Took long enough to get here. OK, CCC People, let us know how you think your team is gonna do this year. I really liked the way Nichols introduced their recruits via Twitter this year. Anyone who follows the Bison, must be excited to see that group of kids coming in!
    I've seen some of the captains practices and they have 7 new incoming freshmen that look solid.

  16. #116
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    251

    Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by landing1010 View Post
    I've seen some of the captains practices and they have 7 new incoming freshmen that look solid.
    I am thinking that those of us who follow CCC Teams are lucky that our league is so good. We have schools that are committed to their programs, for the most part. I am sure that EC, Salve, Nichols and UNE are going to vie for the top spot, but Curry and Wentworth are going to create some upset in the league universe. Can't wait for it all to start.

    BTW, is Salve still playing their games at the Abbey?

  17. #117
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    839

    Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by dinocoach View Post
    I am thinking that those of us who follow CCC Teams are lucky that our league is so good. We have schools that are committed to their programs, for the most part. I am sure that EC, Salve, Nichols and UNE are going to vie for the top spot, but Curry and Wentworth are going to create some upset in the league universe. Can't wait for it all to start.

    BTW, is Salve still playing their games at the Abbey?
    UNE, Salve, Curry, Nichols, Endicott will be the top 5 and anyone of them could win the league. Looking at their NC schedules there is also the possibility to beat some very good teams out of conference. Most are playing in all the quality tournaments. Curry is going to Europe over the winter break. UNE will need to replace Fleurant, Salve-Wojtala, Curry-White, Endicott-Bowes, bessinger, kucerovy, olson, and Nichols has a few as well. It will be interesting to see how last years freshman progress and what this years freshman bring to the table. Its close now. Stay tuned.

  18. #118
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,387

    Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by dinocoach View Post
    I am thinking that those of us who follow CCC Teams are lucky that our league is so good. We have schools that are committed to their programs, for the most part. I am sure that EC, Salve, Nichols and UNE are going to vie for the top spot, but Curry and Wentworth are going to create some upset in the league universe. Can't wait for it all to start.

    BTW, is Salve still playing their games at the Abbey?
    That is what their website still says
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

  19. #119
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    242

    Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by dinocoach View Post
    I am thinking that those of us who follow CCC Teams are lucky that our league is so good. We have schools that are committed to their programs, for the most part. I am sure that EC, Salve, Nichols and UNE are going to vie for the top spot, but Curry and Wentworth are going to create some upset in the league universe. Can't wait for it all to start.

    BTW, is Salve still playing their games at the Abbey?

    Yes- they are still a the Abbey. They made a lot of improvements over the years, but it is still sub-par. There was talk of them playing at St. Georges, which would not only give them a great facility, but it is also right near campus. There has also been some chatter about an on-campus facility, but the local property owners (Bellevue Ave) have squashed it so far

  20. #120
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    839
    Quote Originally Posted by landing1010 View Post
    Yes- they are still a the Abbey. They made a lot of improvements over the years, but it is still sub-par. There was talk of them playing at St. Georges, which would not only give them a great facility, but it is also right near campus. There has also been some chatter about an on-campus facility, but the local property owners (Bellevue Ave) have squashed it so far
    From what i see, unfortunately Salve remains at the Abbey. Newport is a great place to recruit players BUT the facility is hurting them. Looking throughout the CCC Hockey facilities UNE is tops, followed by Endicott, Curry (now with their new home), Nichols, WNEU, Becker, WIT, Salve, Suffolk. A move by Salve to St. George (like the Women) would be a huge plus. Salve has stepped up their facilities for Football, Softball and others with the renovation of Toppa Field but their MIH facility is (as noted above) below par. They need to make a move, the players, coaches and fans deserve better.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •