Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

Looks like the @ECHL @WorcesterNailers picked up two CCC standouts for their game against the Norfolk Admirals. Wojtala played most of the game and gave up one goal (a shorty), stopped 26 of 27 shots in 56:59 AND picked up 2 PIMS. Endicott's Ross Ollsen had one goal, one fight, just needed the assist for the "Gordie Howe Hat Trick". Great to see the CCC lids moving on!

Nice win last night for UNE and the CCC. Salve gets to the championship game last year and now UNE is one win from getting to the final four. The CCC is strong.

Nice win last night for UNE and the CCC. Salve gets to the championship game last year and now UNE is one win from getting to the final four. The CCC is strong.

Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

Now that the season is over, and we start thinking about golf in a few weeks (at least here in the Northeast!), does anyone have thoughts on the scheduling format of the CCC? The home-and-home series for each team over one weekend and the additional games against selected conference opponents. Regardless of who the extra opponents were, these games did have an impact on the league standings, at the least. Since I don't understand the PWR, I don't know if these additional games impacted that as well.

I don't know how the institutions feel about the scheduling format, or the coaches. Anyone have any insight into this?

Quote Originally Posted by dinocoach View Post
    Now that the season is over, and we start thinking about golf in a few weeks (at least here in the Northeast!), does anyone have thoughts on the scheduling format of the CCC? The home-and-home series for each team over one weekend and the additional games against selected conference opponents. Regardless of who the extra opponents were, these games did have an impact on the league standings, at the least. Since I don't understand the PWR, I don't know if these additional games impacted that as well.

I don't know how the institutions feel about the scheduling format, or the coaches. Anyone have any insight into this?
    I believe the format is the same for at least next year. Not sure what the coaches think but yes it does not help them with Pairwise. It actually hurts them as they beat up on each other. With that said not sure they can do anything now. Would be difficult to pick up 3-4 non-conference games this late. I bet most teams schedules are done? It would be beneficial for the CCC schools to pick up more non conference and get rid of this format.

Thread Information