CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    I really think this may be the case in most conferences this season. No more clear cut favorite.
    SUNYAC - Geneseo, Plattsburgh, Oswego, Brockport
    NEHC - Hobart, Babson, Norwich, UMass Boston
    CCC - Curry, Nichols, Salve Regina, UNE, Endicott
    UCHC - Utica, Stevenson, Manhattanville, Nazareth, Elmira

All four of these conferences are a four or a five horse race this year. Good luck picking out the winners out of these groups. It’s awesome for D3 hockey!
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

Big Weekend in the CCC. UNE v Curry and Endicott v Salve with home and home series. Lots of points on the line. There's a small part of me that is holding out hope that Wentworth can get it together and challenge the top 5. Speaking of the top 5, these next two weekends should tell us if one or two will rise above the others.

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
        Big Weekend in the CCC. UNE v Curry and Endicott v Salve with home and home series. Lots of points on the line. There's a small part of me that is holding out hope that Wentworth can get it together and challenge the top 5. Speaking of the top 5, these next two weekends should tell us if one or two will rise above the others.
        I thought Wentworth would be better but after a tie with Anna Maria this week I don't have much hope for the Leopards. I waiting to see if any of the top five can sweep a weekend against each other.

Comment

Not sure if it was just my connection, but the Curry/UNE game stream kept going blue, so I didn't see a whole lot of the game. What I did see last night seemed to indicate that UNE was the much quicker team, but again, that was with a very minimal sample because of the stream problem. Anyone at the game last night? was UNE that much quicker than Curry?

I did get to watch a lot of the Endicott/Salve game. Salve spent a lot of time shorthanded, from what I saw, and they were two-men down a couple of times. Endicott has chance, but beating Wojtala (sp?) is a tough task. The question for me is can Salve win a Conference game against a top opponent at home?

Comment

Not sure if it was just my connection, but the Curry/UNE game stream kept going blue, so I didn't see a whole lot of the game. What I did see last night seemed to indicate that UNE was the much quicker team, but again, that was with a very minimal sample because of the stream problem. Anyone at the game last night? was UNE that much quicker than Curry?

I did get to watch a lot of the Endicott/Salve game. Salve spent a lot of time shorthanded, from what I saw, and they were two-men down a couple of times. Endicott has chance, but beating Wojtala (sp?) is a tough task. The question for me is can Salve win a Conference game against a top opponent at home?
            That question was answered. Salve was awfully good tonight. Wojtala was outstanding and Curry PP was sharp. Stilll they took too many selfish penalties 12 for 22 minutes. Endicott PP was 1/12. Salve was the better team all weekend. UNE also with the sweep against a tough Curry team a lot of special teams goals by UNE 4 PP and 2 SH goals over the weekend. Conference back in action in two weeks after some thanksgiving tourneys coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by nefan View Post
              That question was answered. Salve was awfully good tonight. Wojtala was outstanding and Curry PP was sharp. Stilll they took too many selfish penalties 12 for 22 minutes. Endicott PP was 1/12. Salve was the better team all weekend. UNE also with the sweep against a tough Curry team a lot of special teams goals by UNE 4 PP and 2 SH goals over the weekend. Conference back in action in two weeks after some thanksgiving tourneys coming up.
              I think this weekend (I know it's still early!) showed that the Conference may be a 3-team and not a 5-team race (Salve, Nichols and UNE). Endicott really had a stinker of a weekend. Again, this is only through the stream, but they looked uninspired, at best, through both games. Salve played lights out both nights, quickness that Endicott couldn't answer and a toughness that may have cost them in PIMs. They do need to get that in check, teams with good special teams could exploit that.

I only caught part of the Nichols/Becker game before I headed over to the Alfond for UNE/Curry (man, I gotta get a life!) and Becker seemed to show a little spunk.

I agree with the UNE Special Teams, they have been executing well on PP and SH, as Curry found out this weekend. Curry had a lot of O-zone time but got very little accomplished. They appeared to be disorganized, many times getting frustrated with not getting quality shots. UNE Defense blocked a ton of shots all night.

This weekend began to tell us more about this conference.

Comment

This weekend may be the start of some separation between the top teams with Endicott first to slip. Looking forward to seeing how everyone does out of conference during the next week. Looks like Nichols has the best opportunity in the Wisconsin - Stevens Point Tournament. Would be big for the conference if they could win out west.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all those in College Hockey around the country. As we take a day off to enjoy our families, friends and the wonderful bounty this great country offers, let us also be grateful to all of the young men and women who are taking this game we love to new levels. Best if luck to those teams who are engaged in games this weekend. I would specifically like to wish the Bison of Nichols the best of luck out west. Make the CCC proud!

Comment

I think this weekend (I know it's still early!) showed that the Conference may be a 3-team and not a 5-team race (Salve, Nichols and UNE). Endicott really had a stinker of a weekend. Again, this is only through the stream, but they looked uninspired, at best, through both games. Salve played lights out both nights, quickness that Endicott couldn't answer and a toughness that may have cost them in PIMs. They do need to get that in check, teams with good special teams could exploit that.

I only caught part of the Nichols/Becker game before I headed over to the Alfond for UNE/Curry (man, I gotta get a life!) and Becker seemed to show a little spunk.

I agree with the UNE Special Teams, they have been executing well on PP and SH, as Curry found out this weekend. Curry had a lot of O-zone time but got very little accomplished. They appeared to be disorganized, many times getting frustrated with not getting quality shots. UNE Defense blocked a ton of shots all night.

This weekend began to tell us more about this conference.
                    Becker is in dire need of a complete change, the losing culture has been allowed to continue year after year.

Comment

Big Weekend in the CCC to end the first half of the season. UNE visits Nichols on Friday and then hosts Endicott on Saturday. Salve should coast on Friday at Becker (but this could be a "trap" game for them) and then they host Nichols on Saturday. Curry needs to show some life against WNEU and Wentworth to stay close to the top teams.

It will be interesting to see how the 0-2 weekend out west (against some excellent college hockey teams) impacts how they finish out the first half. My bet, they come out of the locker room on fire Friday against UNE. I hope the Nor'easters are ready for some iron!

Comment

Big Weekend in the CCC to end the first half of the season. UNE visits Nichols on Friday and then hosts Endicott on Saturday. Salve should coast on Friday at Becker (but this could be a "trap" game for them) and then they host Nichols on Saturday. Curry needs to show some life against WNEU and Wentworth to stay close to the top teams.

It will be interesting to see how the 0-2 weekend out west (against some excellent college hockey teams) impacts how they finish out the first half. My bet, they come out of the locker room on fire Friday against UNE. I hope the Nor'easters are ready for some iron!
                        Good call! Looks like Nichols wasn't on fire right out of the locker room but after falling behind 1 0 came back strong to knock off UNE. No surprises elsewhere. Still looks like three or four really good teams without anyone being dominant.

Comment

Well, Endicott really asserted itself last night at UNE. The first period was really good, back and forth with lots of chances for both teams. I actually thought that UNE had the advantage in play, besides a 2-1 advantage on the score board. But, man, I would love to have been a fly on the wall in the Endicott locker room and hear what RJ said to his team! They came out of the locker room loaded for bear. They absolutely dominated UNE in every zone, something we haven't seen, at least at the Forum, in quite a while.

There was a real edge to the Endicott game last night. This is the first time I had seen them live, but it was a marked difference from what I saw in the few streams of the games that I had the chance to view. In some of those games, they seemed almost to be just going through the motions. Last night, they played with a real purpose. If they can keep that edge over the rest of the year, they will be tough to beat.

Nichols lost a tough one to Salve, and the rest of league was as expected.

The surprise of the night, IMO, was former CCC member Suffolk beating Norwich, at Norwich!

Endicott v. Plymouth State on Tuesday and Salve's big weekend series at Adrian should all be exciting games to see.

Comment

Well, Endicott really asserted itself last night at UNE. The first period was really good, back and forth with lots of chances for both teams. I actually thought that UNE had the advantage in play, besides a 2-1 advantage on the score board. But, man, I would love to have been a fly on the wall in the Endicott locker room and hear what RJ said to his team! They came out of the locker room loaded for bear. They absolutely dominated UNE in every zone, something we haven't seen, at least at the Forum, in quite a while.

There was a real edge to the Endicott game last night. This is the first time I had seen them live, but it was a marked difference from what I saw in the few streams of the games that I had the chance to view. In some of those games, they seemed almost to be just going through the motions. Last night, they played with a real purpose. If they can keep that edge over the rest of the year, they will be tough to beat.

Nichols lost a tough one to Salve, and the rest of league was as expected.

The surprise of the night, IMO, was former CCC member Suffolk beating Norwich, at Norwich!

Endicott v. Plymouth State on Tuesday and Salve's big weekend series at Adrian should all be exciting games to see.
                            Salve really played well this weekend with the exception of about 10 minutes of the 2nd period Saturday night. Took a few bad penalties and Nichols made it hurt. Salve just looks like they are starting to put it together. Still a young team with 21 players on the roster that are freshman and sophomores. Nichols is very good beating UNE the night before. As you mention endicott is loaded with talent and look like they put it together last night. Curry took care of business and as i said earlier they will give teams all they can handle as the year moves forward. Don’t sleep when you play the Colonels. Plymouth/Endicott, Salve/Adrian, and Curry/UMass Boston should be three non conference games for the CCC to make noise. Especially the two games out in Michigan for Salve. Enjoy The week and weekend cause finals are starting nup and we will have a Li/title time off till the Christmas tourneys.

Comment

It was not a good weekend for UNE and they may be the spark that brings Endicott back to life. Salve looked tough but it looks like a couple third period penalties by Nichol's freshman made a big difference. Nichols seemed to have taken control on the second but couldn't stay out of the box. The Salve PP is very impressive. Still looks like a four team race after the break.

Comment

Originally posted by CCC Fan View Post
                                It was not a good weekend for UNE and they may be the spark that brings Endicott back to life. Salve looked tough but it looks like a couple third period penalties by Nichol's freshman made a big difference. Nichols seemed to have taken control on the second but couldn't stay out of the box. The Salve PP is very impressive. Still looks like a four team race after the break.
                                The team that stayed out of the box seemed like the better team Saturday in Newport. salve took some penalties in the 2nd period and Nichols stated to control the game. same happened to Nichols in the 3rd when they took some penalties and salve took over the game. Salve was the better team in the 1st period when virtually nothing was called and the refs let them bang with each other. Big weekend for the CCC to continue to make a name for itself. Curry vs. #4 UMass Boston, Endicott vs. #13 Plymouth St. and salve travelling out west to play two games with #7 Adrian. Then when they come back from Christmas you will have a bunch more to watch (Salve-Pathfinder Classic, Endicott in Northfield bank, UNE in Middlebury Classic). Fun times ahead.

Comment

Working...
                                X