• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

Releases last week:

http://cccathletics.com/sports/mice/.../201819MIHPoll

Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

The CCC should again be a very strong conference this year. The top clubs seemed to have reloaded for another strong run. I think there could be 5 teams contending, if rosters from last year, plus what they added this year, are to be believed.

Did catch UNE vs USM on Thursday and was impressed with their overall team speed and quickness. Ryan Bloom looks much improved, bigger and quicker than he was last year. He gets the puck off his stick as quick as anyone I have seen. He is strong in the corners and along the wall. I think the weakness with UNE will be in goal.

Should be a fun year with the new schedule. UNE will play Nichols, Endicott and Salve 3 times this year. Certainly will be a challenge.

I don't mean to dismiss teams 6, 7 or 8 cuz I think on any given night...

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
      The CCC should again be a very strong conference this year. The top clubs seemed to have reloaded for another strong run. I think there could be 5 teams contending, if rosters from last year, plus what they added this year, are to be believed.

Did catch UNE vs USM on Thursday and was impressed with their overall team speed and quickness. Ryan Bloom looks much improved, bigger and quicker than he was last year. He gets the puck off his stick as quick as anyone I have seen. He is strong in the corners and along the wall. I think the weakness with UNE will be in goal.

Should be a fun year with the new schedule. UNE will play Nichols, Endicott and Salve 3 times this year. Certainly will be a challenge.

I don't mean to dismiss teams 6, 7 or 8 cuz I think on any given night...
      CCC opens conference play this weekend. Should be interesting. Salve/UNE looks like the big battle of the weekend. UNE with all that offensive fire power and Salve coming off that remarkable season last year. Both teams return plenty of quality players. Salve returns that freshman group from a year ago (11 freshman starters in National championship game) and their goalie who is one of the best in the Nation. Other weekend series to watch Wentworth vs. Nichols, Curry (coming off a weekend tourney win up in Buffalo) vs. Becker and Endicott vs. Western New England. Let the games begin!!

Comment

An interesting win by UNE at Salve. In watching the game, it looked as though Salve had an edge in play in areas like time in the O-zone, but they couldn't manage the shots on goal. When they did, Churchfield was there. Tonight, both teams will need to adjust to what happened last night. Salve is going to need to be more intent on crashing the net and UNE is going to have to take better care of the puck.

The rest of the conference went pretty much as predicted. Big wins for Endicott, Nichols Curry.

Let the games begin!

Comment

An interesting win by UNE at Salve. In watching the game, it looked as though Salve had an edge in play in areas like time in the O-zone, but they couldn't manage the shots on goal. When they did, Churchfield was there. Tonight, both teams will need to adjust to what happened last night. Salve is going to need to be more intent on crashing the net and UNE is going to have to take better care of the puck.

The rest of the conference went pretty much as predicted. Big wins for Endicott, Nichols Curry.

Let the games begin!
          Agreed on the game. Salve needs to get more pucks to the net. I also think not playing any games the last two weeks hurt them. They didn’t seem game ready till the third. UNE had 2 exhibitions to get the feel of a game. UNE is a very good team, Salve is as well but need to find the right mix with the newcomers, who looked good along with their sophomore class. Tonight should be interesting.

Colonels, Gulls, and Bison took car of business. Expect the same tonight, but be careful of the Leopards!

Comment

No surprises over the weekend. Expecting the top four (Salve, UNE, Nichols and Endicott) to beat up on each other while not running into many problems from the rest of the conference. Might see Curry or Wentworth pull an upset here or there but the league has two tiers of teams. Not surprised by Salve UNE split other than road team won both games. Nice to see the top teams adding better non-conference teams to their schedules.

Comment

[QUOTE=CCC Fan;6719202]No surprises over the weekend. Expecting the top four (Salve, UNE, Nichols and Endicott) to beat up on each other while not running into many problems from the rest of the conference. Might see Curry or Wentworth pull an upset here or there but the league has two tiers of teams. Not surprised by Salve UNE split other than road team won both games. Nice to see the top teams adding better non-conference teams to their schedules.[/QUOTE

I’d add Curry to that top group. I believe 5 teams could be on the top when all said and done. They beat Buff. St. Who just tied Geneseo. Top 15 Poll should be interesting this week with #1 and #2 losing, Geneseo tie, Hobart Loss???

Comment

[QUOTE=nefan;6719298]
                Originally posted by CCC Fan View Post
                No surprises over the weekend. Expecting the top four (Salve, UNE, Nichols and Endicott) to beat up on each other while not running into many problems from the rest of the conference. Might see Curry or Wentworth pull an upset here or there but the league has two tiers of teams. Not surprised by Salve UNE split other than road team won both games. Nice to see the top teams adding better non-conference teams to their schedules.[/QUOTE

I’d add Curry to that top group. I believe 5 teams could be on the top when all said and done. They beat Buff. St. Who just tied Geneseo. Top 15 Poll should be interesting this week with #1 and #2 losing, Geneseo tie, Hobart Loss???
                I haven't seen Curry yet, but they had the beginnings of good team last year. It looks like they brought in a good crop of FYs. I agree with the statement of five top level teams. This could be an even better year than last year... or, they could "knock the stuffing" out of each other and look mediocre to those outside the conference. The two games between Salve and UNE were tough contests. I really thought that when Salve played physical, they were a much better team.

Comment

Curry and Salve played to a tie; looks like Curry deserves to make the conference a strong group of five. I'm a little surprised by the slow start at Salve. Did Nichols handle Endicott as easily as the score indicates? No surprises in the other games. Interested to see how Salve and Endicott respond tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by CCC Fan View Post
                    Curry and Salve played to a tie; looks like Curry deserves to make the conference a strong group of five. I'm a little surprised by the slow start at Salve. Did Nichols handle Endicott as easily as the score indicates? No surprises in the other games. Interested to see how Salve and Endicott respond tonight.
                    Curry/Salve game in Friday was a great game. Back and forth, and then last night the referee decided they wanted to ruin a good thing. Game was going along pretty good then they started calling everything. Ruined the game. No pace, no flow. Should’ve let most of the calls go and the two teams would’ve been just fine. 3 5on 3’s for Curry. I believe 9-10 of he goals were on special teams! Not a fun game to watch. Endicott/Nichols split. Big weekend coming up. UNE/Curry and Endicott/Salve. We will see.

Comment

Early on, it looks as though Salve is having trouble winning at home, but gets it together on the road. I also think that they are better when they play a physical game. Against UNE in the first game, they had some flashes of the physical game and dominated the play. They boxed UNE in deep on several occasions and really took the play to UNE. But, just as quickly, they went back on their heels and allowed UNE space to play.

For an 8-team Conference, to have 5 teams playing so well will make for a fun season. Also, I believe that Wentworth has some real potential to put together some surprises against the top 5 teams. On to next weekend.

Comment

Early on, it looks as though Salve is having trouble winning at home, but gets it together on the road. I also think that they are better when they play a physical game. Against UNE in the first game, they had some flashes of the physical game and dominated the play. They boxed UNE in deep on several occasions and really took the play to UNE. But, just as quickly, they went back on their heels and allowed UNE space to play.

For an 8-team Conference, to have 5 teams playing so well will make for a fun season. Also, I believe that Wentworth has some real potential to put together some surprises against the top 5 teams. On to next weekend.
                        For Salve, Losing Billings was a huge loss. IMHO he was a top 5 player in D3 and made that offense run. Salve is getting it going, I have been to the home games and they would admit, have not come out of the gate hot, but they are starting to get a better flow to their game. Having over half the roster consisting of Freshman and Sophomores will keep things interesting. I've liked what I have seen from Dillon, Kidney and Sennott, I think they will be very productive players for Salve. Also having Udahl out and Schmidbauer and Patry getting back after missing most of last year because if serious injuries, I think is a big reason for the initial slow start. Also- after last years run, the expectations are high and everyone is gunning for them.

Curry, UNE, Endicott, Nichols and Salve are all going to beat up on eachother this season. I think the league title is wide open for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by landing1010 View Post
                          For Salve, Losing Billings was a huge loss. IMHO he was a top 5 player in D3 and made that offense run. Salve is getting it going, I have been to the home games and they would admit, have not come out of the gate hot, but they are starting to get a better flow to their game. Having over half the roster consisting of Freshman and Sophomores will keep things interesting. I've liked what I have seen from Dillon, Kidney and Sennott, I think they will be very productive players for Salve. Also having Udahl out and Schmidbauer and Patry getting back after missing most of last year because if serious injuries, I think is a big reason for the initial slow start. Also- after last years run, the expectations are high and everyone is gunning for them.

Curry, UNE, Endicott, Nichols and Salve are all going to beat up on eachother this season. I think the league title is wide open for sure.
                          I really think this may be the case in most conferences this season. No more clear cut favorite.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                            I really think this may be the case in most conferences this season. No more clear cut favorite.
                            agree looks like the YAC will be a dog fight with Oswego Platty Genny Buff St and looks like B rockport brought their big boy pants so far this yr..and ya never know what Freddy is going to bring.
                            Last edited by bakdraft21; 11-14-2018, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                              agree looks like the YAC will be a dog fight with Oswego Platty Genny Buff St and looks like B rockport brought their big boy pants so far this yr..and ya never know what Freddy is going to bring.
                              razor sharp fingers?
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                              X