Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

Quote Originally Posted by nefan View Post
    Salve with a quality win last night vs. a #15 NEC team that has beaten some good teams (Hobart, Babson, Umass Boston). Seahawks go into the break with an impressive 9-1-1 record. Salve played real well at times controlling the game but fell asleep at times which allowed NEC to tie the game up. Maybe the long drive or the Tuesday night game factored in the up and down play? NEC is good and will continue to win games in the NEHC. See everyone after the New year.
    I think that is what makes Salve such a dangerous team. You cannot allow them any space. You need to score early and often and not let up for a single shift. You take a shift off against Salve and they will make you pay. They have kids who know how to win, they never think they are out of a game, unless they are down by four or five goals. And, even then, they know if they get one, they could get two!

Black Bear since D-2

Quote Originally Posted by dinocoach View Post
    I think that is what makes Salve such a dangerous team. You cannot allow them any space. You need to score early and often and not let up for a single shift. You take a shift off against Salve and they will make you pay. They have kids who know how to win, they never think they are out of a game, unless they are down by four or five goals. And, even then, they know if they get one, they could get two!
    Salve certainly didn't look "dangerous" at Utica, but maybe they had bus-legs. Two strides behind all game long.

Nothing to fear there, on that night.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-13-2019 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Salve certainly didn't look "dangerous" at Utica, but maybe they had bus-legs. Two strides behind all game long.

They looked pretty dangerous at Utica the night before on Friday night vs. Oswego! Long day in the hotel, bus legs, whatever, really doesnít matter. They didnít play well and lost. Happens to every team a few times during a long season. CCC has 4 teams that can beat anybody on any given night. Some quality non-conference games after X-mas should help determine where they all fit in. Enjoy the break!!

Fish, That's what I'm talking about. Utica scored early in the first and early in the second, with no response from Salve. If you're going to beat Salve you have to get them early and not let up for a second. It seems like that is what Utica did. They also got Salve into some "lazy" penalties that come from frustration. Usually, when you get that from Salve they will not play well.

But then again, what do I know?

Black Bear since D-2

Fish, That's what I'm talking about. Utica scored early in the first and early in the second, with no response from Salve. If you're going to beat Salve you have to get them early and not let up for a second. It seems like that is what Utica did. They also got Salve into some "lazy" penalties that come from frustration. Usually, when you get that from Salve they will not play well.

But then again, what do I know?
    Coach, my post was sort of extraneous. Sorry. What happened that night is that UC played as perfect a hockey game as I've seen in many years, maybe ever.

No disrespect to Salve. I was a fan of theirs in the NCAA's last year. Utica just put on a clinic that night.

Coach, my post was sort of extraneous. Sorry. What happened that night is that UC played as perfect a hockey game as I've seen in many years, maybe ever.

No disrespect to Salve. I was a fan of theirs in the NCAA's last year. Utica just put on a clinic that night.
    No apology necessary, I hated playing against teams like Salve! They are cocky, they play with a chip on their shoulder, and they have been very successful. They are the type of team the saying "What goes around comes around", was made for! But, you have to give them their due. They are like Brad Marchand, you love him playing for your team and hate him if plays for anyone else!

Looking forward to the second half of the season.

Nichols broke the ice against Franklin Pierce last Saturday with a 4-0 win. Good for them! I believe they are still a team that should finish in the top 4 of the CCC, but it means they'll have to have a great second half. I am sure they are relieved to that first one under their belt.

I hope everyone enjoys the tidings of the season! See you all after Christmas, when several CCC teams are traveling to tournaments. When does Curry leave for Europe?

Nichols broke the ice against Franklin Pierce last Saturday with a 4-0 win. Good for them! I believe they are still a team that should finish in the top 4 of the CCC, but it means they'll have to have a great second half. I am sure they are relieved to that first one under their belt.

I hope everyone enjoys the tidings of the season! See you all after Christmas, when several CCC teams are traveling to tournaments. When does Curry leave for Europe?
    Curry leaves January 9th.

Tough start of the year for the CCC. Sounds like the goalie from Cortland stood on his head last night against Salve. UNE lost a tough one to Williams. D-man fell down with puck as he was trying to clear the zone and the kids from Williams had the puck about 15 feet in front of the net. He beat Churchill with a nifty wrister. On to Oswego tonight!

I just checked all the scores for last night! CCC went 0-5 in NC games. Not a good start at all!

Black Bear since D-2

I just checked all the scores for last night! CCC went 0-5 in NC games. Not a good start at all!
    Things are so fluid lately. No telling from year to year. Even the UCHC -which was very weak last season- is looking as good as or better than any other conference in '19/'20.

Go figger.

(I sure can't.)

But that is what makes the games so interesting!

The CCC did rebound a bit on Saturday, with UNE beating a ranked opponent (Oswego), Salve recovering against Assumption. CCC Members Endicott and Wentworth played a NC game for 3rd place in Plattsburgh. Nichols still continues to, in my opinion, underperform, losing to St Johns and Bryn Athyn in their own tourney. Conference play doesn't start until next week, so we'll have to wait a bit more to see how it all falls out! Like you say, Fish, Go Figger!

Thread Information