Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Harvard Crimson (again) 2018-19

Was that a shout out to me??

Good luck Harvard. 10,000 men and women of BC also want a Harvard vict'ry today.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      10,000 men and women of BC also want a Harvard vict'ry today.
      Ten of whom may actually know that Harvard is playing Wisconsin today.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
        Ten of whom may actually know that Harvard is playing Wisconsin today.
        My guess is you're being generous.
        "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Was that a shout out to me??
          Do you mean they allow someone else to be up there?!

Comment

KDR scores against Wisconsin.

Comment

Ugh can't you guys do anything right
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Well someone posted about Wisco’s lack of SHGs recently, and I resisted saying “Wait till you play Harvard.” BUT, what was the most striking graphic from BTN that haunted/pumped me before Wisco’s 3-2 OT win? Harvard 2-3-1. Wisconsin 13-1-0. Wow. Wow. Whose boot camp is this? (Just kidding.) Well, you guys have at the least been introduced to Reed. And no Petrie (and Heffernan). I was hoping Petrie was held out of the HC game to be ready for the Badgers . . .you know, like Gronkowski for the Packers. (When have you seen those two names appear in the same sentence?) Well, Harvard left their double-runners at home. Tomorrow will probably not go to OT, but more than that I cannot say.
                Last edited by thirdtime's . . .; 11-23-2018, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Princeton > Harvard for sure. Princeton deserved a better fate when they played UW, Hawvawd just about stole a win. The Hawvawd goalie is mucho awesome. It was also mucho awesome to see Pankowski exact a bit of revenge on your coach. Pankowski > Chu.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

KDR with an assist, the cdn national program needs to smarten up.

Comment

When is a check not a check? When it's a DIVE. Outrageous call against Laing. In OT no less! (Prepare for more bloviating from certain Badger quarters.)
                      Last edited by thirdtime's . . .; 11-24-2018, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
                        When is a check not a check? When it's a DIVE. Outrageous call against Laing. In OT no less! (Prepare for more bloviating from certain Badger quarters.)
                        The call was a hook. It happened right in front of me; one could view it as three separate hooks, or one long continuous multi-jab hook. But at some point even the ref couldn't ignore it.

Comment

That HAD to get called, she hooker her from the blue line all the way into the corner. She'd had to have charged triple for that kind of service on the street.

Hawvawd played better tonight, but not to Princeton's level. The goalie was fantastic again. Is she a US or Canadian Citizen? She needs to be on one of their radars, made some crazy good saves.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I think the fact that a very young team with a freshman goalie went out to the #1 team's barn and forced OT twice says something about Harvard's future. They can't recruit like the Western schools or BC for that matter yet they found a way to stay with the top ranked team in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              She'd had to have charged triple for that kind of service on the street.
                              That’s cute.

The BTN guy announced the penalty as checking and BTN showed a brief clip that looked like standard contact (without the usual comment on how the ref got it right, btw). If the play-by-play guy had announced it right (hooking) and showed the same clip, I would have then asked “When is a hook not a hook?” But now there is at least one dispassionate eyewitness who saw it clearly and can set me straight, and I am much relieved. A real call beats a bogus one every time. I suppose I have seen enough of these games to learn not to trust either the voice or the video too quickly, certainly not my emotions.

I don’t get why Harvard had the added burden of having to skate with Princeton on its back. And I also don’t get the continued need to brandish the rod that has flogged the very, very dead Olympic horse all these years. Harvard did something remarkable this weekend. They came in to Wisconsin as a freshmen-laden team with two wins to date and played their seventh and eighth games of the season missing three forwards (one of whom is their best skater/scorer) and pushed the Badgers to two OTs. Someone behind the bench was responsible for this tremendous effort. Give credit where credit is due. Even a personal nemesis, if that what she is, deserves that.

Comment

But now there is at least one dispassionate eyewitness who saw it clearly and can set me straight,
                                Certainly not 'dispassionate', as Gophers fans will be happy to confirm. UW season tickets for nine years now. But it was a hook that had to be called, even in OT. The refs - one Hockey East, one WCHA - were not great all weekend (on Friday night they actually called a UW player for interference WHILE she had the puck!); both nights they were doing their best to 'swallow their whistles' in the third periods and overtimes. I wish I could report which of them made the call (unless it was both) but I didn't notice.

Comment

Working...
                                X