Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Ten > NCHC

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
    You do realize this is a hockey forum and the NCHC is a hockey-only conference...right?

3>0
    No, I had no idea. I figured it was a forum to make fun about States that have no trees, and such.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
      Of course it is Speed! Anything to make yourself believe that the big 10 hasn't been a bust since they started it.

Meanwhile the NCHC has won the national championship 3years in a row...... But... But the big10 is the best league bar none!!
      So you think a short term small sample size eclipses the overall big picture? That is exactly why you NCHC apologists are a joke in my opinion.
      National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
      National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
        So you think a short term small sample size eclipses the overall big picture? That is exactly why you NCHC apologists are a joke in my opinion.
        Sooooo winning means nothing but losing means your the best as long as you think your gonna win in the future?

Boy I really wish the NCHC would stop winning so much so we could have a chance to win later on!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
          Your fan.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
            DU has like 33 NCAA Championships -- Michigan and PedoState have more, congrats!

r
            Smoking weed isn't a sport. Nice try.

Comment

Sooooo winning means nothing but losing means your the best as long as you think your gonna win in the future?

Boy I really wish the NCHC would stop winning so much so we could have a chance to win later on!!
              How the hell did you get that out of what I said? Winning consistently over a long period of time is better than winning within a very small sample size. You’re basing your argument on a few years, I’m basing mine on decades upon decades of a long-term track record.
              National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
              National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
                How the hell did you get that out of what I said? Winning consistently over a long period of time is better than winning within a very small sample size. You’re basing your argument on a few years, I’m basing mine on decades upon decades of a long-term track record.
                The Big10 doesn't have a long term track record and you only have hope that it's record gets better.....

Anyone else think this guy sounds like Redcow?

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                  Oh man that sounds like it would be a fun sport!!

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                    Actually https://420games.org/

r

Comment

The Big10 doesn't have a long term track record and you only have hope that it's record gets better.....

Neither conference had a long term track record. They were both new. Individual schools within each conference had long term track records though. What the NCHC had in its favor is that several of its schools were firing on all cylinders out of the gate. Only Miami's return to their historical norm can be viewed as a great disappointment. In the B1G, you had the opposite as the two schools that were supposed to be the pillars of the conference entered down periods, Sparty collapsed, ped state was brand new and Ohio State was Ohio State. Now the B1G traditional powers are coming out of their funk, ped state and Ohio State seem to be for real, and ND was a great pickup. Only Sparty is the disappointment. And you also--it's too soon to tell--might beginning to see the effect of the BTN and athletic departments that aren't cash strapped beginning to have an effect.

So long story short, NCHC wins the first round, and it's not even close. It, however, is a 12 round fight, and we'll see how things progress.

Comment

The schools that make up the Big Ten have a long term track record, the Big Ten’s track record is the track record of its member schools, and you’d have to be desperately trying to put a spin on things to deny those facts. Nice try, better luck next time.

23 > 21

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Schorr View Post
                          Neither conference had a long term track record. They were both new. Individual schools within each conference had long term track records though. What the NCHC had in its favor is that several of its schools were firing on all cylinders out of the gate. Only Miami's return to their historical norm can be viewed as a great disappointment. In the B1G, you had the opposite as the two schools that were supposed to be the pillars of the conference entered down periods, Sparty collapsed, ped state was brand new and Ohio State was Ohio State. Now the B1G traditional powers are coming out of their funk, ped state and Ohio State seem to be for real, and ND was a great pickup. Only Sparty is the disappointment. And you also--it's too soon to tell--might beginning to see the effect of the BTN and athletic departments that aren't cash strapped beginning to have an effect.

So long story short, NCHC wins the first round, and it's not even close. It, however, is a 12 round fight, and we'll see how things progress.
                          A sensible, reasoned reply like this will get you nowhere on this thread, mister.

Comment

Oh man that sounds like it would be a fun sport!!
                            You can imagine their recruiting advantage.

Comment

Hockey is probably most divine when it is played by 5-year-olds whose helmets seem as big as their bodies out there as they chase after the puck in little bunches like pigeons after birdseed. It is next best when played by college students, whether they are gophers, Hawks or Pioneers. It so happens it's especially fun when its S'awks playing gophers.

And the banter and smack talk only adds to the fun, even when it's from mentally challenged jerks like Slap Shot and Happy.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                                Hockey is probably most divine when it is played by 5-year-olds whose helmets seem as big as their bodies out there as they chase after the puck in little bunches like pigeons after birdseed. It is next best when played by college students, whether they are gophers, Hawks or Pioneers. It so happens it's especially fun when its S'awks playing gophers.

And the banter and smack talk only adds to the fun, even when it's from mentally challenged jerks like Slap Shot and Happy.
                                I was in California when I was 5, so this is the hockey I got to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuxvFqOgXgk

Comment

Working...
                                X