Big Ten > NCHC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Even weirder that the B1G hockey conference didn't even exist in 2007. I'm not trying to be critical but it's really reaching if you are going back to when teams were in their old conferences to justify a point about the Big Ten.
    Yeah...you missed that point.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Re: Big Ten > NCHC

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      Yeah...you missed that point.
      Odder yet is that you're missing the point Hockeybuckeye is making - agreeing with your the sentiment of your comment.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
        Obviously he knows the mega millions numbers for tonight too
        I can't tell you what the numbers will be. But I can tell you what they won't be.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          Odder yet is that you're missing the point Hockeybuckeye is making - agreeing with your the sentiment of your comment.
          No I get what he's saying and I'm perfectly fine saying the B1G has zero national titles.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
            Even weirder that the B1G hockey conference didn't even exist in 2007. I'm not trying to be critical but it's really reaching if you are going back to when teams were in their old conferences to justify a point about the Big Ten.
            That is entirely beside the point. It isn’t about the conference itself, it’s about the teams that make up the conference.
            National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
            National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              No I get what he's saying and I'm perfectly fine saying the B1G has zero national titles.
              the Big Ten does have NC in other sports, you know, the one's that matter. Unlike, say, the nachos, who have zero.
              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
              Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                the Big Ten does have NC in other sports, you know, the one's that matter. Unlike, say, the nachos, who have zero.
                Which ones matter?

SCSU just won a national championship this past spring in wrestling.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  I can't tell you what the numbers will be. But I can tell you what they won't be.
                  And they won’t be mine
                  Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Uh...good?
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
                      That is entirely beside the point. It isn’t about the conference itself, it’s about the teams that make up the conference.
                      Well should we start another thread because it seems to me the title of this thread implies the conference's as a whole, not the history of individual teams.

Comment

DU has like 33 NCAA Championships -- Michigan and PedoState have more, congrats!

r

Comment

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

You do realize this is a hockey forum and the NCHC is a hockey-only conference...right?

3>0

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
                              Of course it is Speed! Anything to make yourself believe that the big 10 hasn't been a bust since they started it.

Meanwhile the NCHC has won the national championship 3years in a row...... But... But the big10 is the best league bar none!!

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                Which ones matter?

SCSU just won a national championship this past spring in wrestling.
                                cool,

The Big Ten has around 37 NCAA Division I Wrestling Championships. Even Minnesota has 3. I don't see SCSU on the list?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_D...ions_by_school
                                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Working...
                                X