Big Ten > NCHC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    If I were those schools I'd say, "screw Minnesota" and do it without them.
    Bring in UND instead. That will get butts in the seats
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by icehawk View Post
      Bring in UND instead. That will get butts in the seats
      If MN said no... We wouldn't need UND. There would be 4 teams
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
        If MN said no... We wouldn't need UND. There would be 4 teams
        Selfishly I’d love for UND to be in it. I’d definitely make the trip wherever the site may be, and so would many others
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I wonder if he was booted for this nonsense or for crossing the line i political threads in the Cafe. He was a little over the top yesterday and I could see there was potential for him trending toward the abyss over there.

Good riddance.
          Dang, I was hoping it was for his replies crashing the server
          I wanna go fast!

Comment

• Re: Big Ten > NCHC

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
            Back to the real issues...like bringing the Northstar Cup back but having it travel to each teams hometown round robin style. I'd travel to Bemidji for a 4-team MN tourney.
            LOVE this idea but as others have stated, it won't happen thanks to the Gophers.
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
              LOVE this idea but as others have stated, it won't happen thanks to the Gophers.
              The arrogance of that program will never end
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                It'd be a blast. I mean, a couple thousand opposing fans of MN teams converging on Mankato/Bemidji/St Cloud/Duluth...packing your team bar before the games. It'd be a lot of fun and bring some pride (and business) to the host city.

It confuses me so many say the Gophers wouldn't be interested, but I wonder why? What is the negative for them? Whatever revenue you lose from not hosting you'll more than offset in residuals from the GREAT PR you're doing for your fans. You all point out, they can't fill the seats in Mariucci. One of the main complaints is a lack of rivalry games against in-state schools. Even if it isn't at Mariucci, it's providing your fans with something they're longing for. You lose revenue from the tourney, but gain it back in more butts in your seats from fans re-engaged in your program.
                "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                  Well I'd say it's greed more than arrogance. JMHO.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
                    It'd be a blast. I mean, a couple thousand opposing fans of MN teams converging on Mankato/Bemidji/St Cloud/Duluth...packing your team bar before the games. It'd be a lot of fun and bring some pride (and business) to the host city.

It confuses me so many say the Gophers wouldn't be interested, but I wonder why? What is the negative for them? Whatever revenue you lose from not hosting you'll more than offset in residuals from the GREAT PR you're doing for your fans. You all point out, they can't fill the seats in Mariucci. One of the main complaints is a lack of rivalry games against in-state schools. Even if it isn't at Mariucci, it's providing your fans with something they're longing for. You lose revenue from the tourney, but gain it back in more butts in your seats from fans re-engaged in your program.
                    I'm guessing the U is still pulling in a bundle of money even with the mostly empty arena. Tickets sold is a quite a bit different than actual butts in seats or at least it has been in years past. So the U is still making money on tickets sold and they don't want to give up a home series.

What you're saying make sense, it's just not going to happen with the U involved I'm afraid. I was having a similar discussion with the UND fans after going to the Vegas game. It was so much fun and I'd love to do more destination games, that is UND's new thing apparently. The problem is the U is selfish and greedy and would rather have their team play at home in front of a maybe half full crowd at Mariucci instead of doing something that might promote their program, promote college hockey, and enhance/renew rivalries.

Sad, really.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

lulz

Comment

lulz
                        Bingo
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Bingo
                          The ignorance of your fan base knows no bounds apparently.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Oh no not that
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                              I'm guessing the U is still pulling in a bundle of money even with the mostly empty arena. Tickets sold is a quite a bit different than actual butts in seats or at least it has been in years past. So the U is still making money on tickets sold and they don't want to give up a home series.

What you're saying make sense, it's just not going to happen with the U involved I'm afraid. I was having a similar discussion with the UND fans after going to the Vegas game. It was so much fun and I'd love to do more destination games, that is UND's new thing apparently. The problem is the U is selfish and greedy and would rather have their team play at home in front of a maybe half full crowd at Mariucci instead of doing something that might promote their program, promote college hockey, and enhance/renew rivalries.

Sad, really.
                              It is sad. Screw the fan is basically what Minny is saying. UND will be taking on Penn St In Nashville in 2 years. Really looking forward to that one. Nashville is a great city and I wouldn’t be surprised if that arena isn’t close to being 3/4’s full if not more.
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Oh no not that
                                UND might be the most blissful hockey fan base in the nation.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X