Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten > NCHC

Originally posted by umd21 View Post
    funny how butthurt minnesota fans are of umd. “i liked them before they were winning and became arrogant *****s”—-like minnesota has been...forever...? They can dish it, but sure can’t take it.
    I took great pleasure seeing all the gopher fans turn anti-umd for the frozen four. You know you’ve got them defeated when they’ll cheer for their “rivals” rather than the home state team even in the proud state of hockey
    the worst
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
      I would just like to point out how amazing it is that St. Cloud is on their way to winning their third conference title in the first six years of the NCHC, and fourth conference title in seven years overall. When we tied the Gophers for the final MacNaughton Cup under the old conference alignment, fans of "rival" programs were telling us not to get used to it because we were basically going to be the chum for the big fish in the new conference. To be honest, it was kinda hard to argue against that. Although I would rather have the postseason success of UMD, SCSU has probably won more games than any team in college hockey over the past 6 or 7 years, and that has been pretty enjoyable.
      I'll give you this, it's been impressive to see the consistency from SCSU since the transition. UMD was put in the same boat, all we heard was "have fun being the doormat in your new conference". Top to bottom, each team has the resources and clout to turn their program around, and I think that parity makes our conference one of the most exciting around. It's also great to see 3 Minnesota teams in the top 10 while the Gophers sit next to AIU in the standings.
      "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
        I took great pleasure seeing all the Gopher fans turn anti-UMD for the frozen four. You know you’ve got them defeated when they’ll cheer for their “rivals” rather than the home state team even in the proud state of hockey
        1. I know a lot of Gophers fans that cheered for UMD during their first title winning season. Some vowed never again after that. No big deal is it?
        2. I'm willing to bet less than < 5% (1%?) of UMD, BSU, SCSU and MSUM fans cheered for MN in 2014 vs. Union or anytime ever but it's different if Gophers fans do the same?

Same as with #1 - it's no big deal I wouldn't expect fans of those teams to cheer the Gophers it's part of the game and I don't begrudge them.

I know there wasn't this much bro-hugging between WCHA fans before the realignment but have fun with it.

Comment

I would just like to point out how amazing it is that St. Cloud is on their way to winning their third conference title in the first six years of the NCHC, and fourth conference title in seven years overall. When we tied the Gophers for the final MacNaughton Cup under the old conference alignment, fans of "rival" programs were telling us not to get used to it because we were basically going to be the chum for the big fish in the new conference. To be honest, it was kinda hard to argue against that. Although I would rather have the postseason success of UMD, SCSU has probably won more games than any team in college hockey over the past 6 or 7 years, and that has been pretty enjoyable.
          St. Cloud has had some really good teams that just couldn't get over that postseason hump. I'd like to see St. Cloud finally have everything come together this postseason. Fun team to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            1. I know a lot of Gophers fans that cheered for UMD during their first title winning season. Some vowed never again after that. No big deal is it?
            2. I'm willing to bet less than < 5% (1%?) of UMD, BSU, SCSU and MSUM fans cheered for MN in 2014 vs. Union or anytime ever but it's different if Gophers fans do the same?

Same as with #1 - it's no big deal I wouldn't expect fans of those teams to cheer the Gophers it's part of the game and I don't begrudge them.

I know there wasn't this much bro-hugging between WCHA fans before the realignment but have fun with it.
            I cheered for MN in 2014, but I get your point. I don't necessarily think that's a perfect equal though, as the rest of the teams in the state had YEARS of listening to tArrogance over and over again. That resentment I would guess makes it harder for those schools to cheer for UMTC than vise versa. Kind of like how as a Vikings fan I'll cheer for the Lions and Bears to do well if the Vikings aren't relevant, but Packer fans have successfully burned that bridge through years of general ego and d-baggery.
            "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
              He’ll defend himself saying it was sattire and he was just mocking the NCHC arrogance. I wont deny the NCHC seems like a circle jerk talking about success a lot of the time, but he actually meant it and was trying to disguise his arguments as “sattire”.
              Funny how butthurt Minnesota fans are of UMD. “I liked them before they were winning and became arrogant *****s”—-like Minnesota has been...forever...? They can dish it, but sure can’t take it.
              I took great pleasure seeing all the Gopher fans turn anti-UMD for the frozen four. You know you’ve got them defeated when they’ll cheer for their “rivals” rather than the home state team even in the proud state of hockey
              Yeah, just like all those UMD fans cheering for the Gophers in their Frozen Four appearances. You're delusional.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

They've had a good run. My eyeball exam of the numbers dating back to when conference realignment occurred, the 2013-14 season (and including this season) show these wins:
                1. Mankato - 151
                2. DU - 141
                3. UND - 140
                Quinnipiac - 140
                5. Providence - 139
                6. SCSU - 135

If you go back the seven years you indicated, back to when SCSU tied for the last regular season championship in the WCHA before realignment, the wins look like this:

1. Mankato - 175
                2. Quinnipiac - 170
                3. UND - 162
                4. DU - 161
                5. SCSU - 160
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                  St. Cloud has had some really good teams that just couldn't get over that postseason hump. I'd like to see St. Cloud finally have everything come together this postseason. Fun team to watch.
                  Looking forward to seeing them at the West Regional in Fargo. Of course I’m looking forward to seeing UND there too. Ah never mind
                  Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                    Looking forward to seeing them at the West Regional in Fargo. Of course I’m looking forward to seeing UND there too. Ah never mind
                    Yep.....the chances of UND making the tournament was torpedoed by the Canisius series debacle but I still kept holding on to a sliver of hope the team would still find a way but then Scheel gets injured....

I’ll still watch but not going to be holding my breath for any miracles.

Comment

Lot to take in:

1. Never thought SCSU would be the chum. I thought CC most definitely.
                      2. I cheered for tUMD before they won their first. Then they acted like they've been there as much as the blue bloods. Horrible.
                      3. MN has owned their arrogance from day one. And we (and UND and MI and BC) have never strayed from that.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                        Yep.....the chances of UND making the tournament was torpedoed by the Canisius series debacle but I still kept holding on to a sliver of hope the team would still find a way but then Scheel gets injured....

The one positive if they don’t make it is I’ll get to find a seat since I have general admission tickets
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post

Wanna play a round during the tourney? Pretty sure I'll be looking for something to do.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Unless BC, BU, UND, Wis, or MN go on a tournament post season run, its looking like all 5 will miss out on the big dance. Has that ever happened? BU was the only one to make it last season. Dig up some stats for us SJHovey.

Comment

If you add Michigan, 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                                Wanna play a round during the tourney?
                                Oh, the difference the space bar can make.

Comment

Working...
                                X