Big Ten > NCHC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten > NCHC

Well last weekend was quite a turn of events. All the upsets in the Big 10 pretty much exploded the Pairwise. Are we going with parity? Not sure how a team that lost to St. Lawrence and Ferris State at home is only 2 points back from the conference leader.

Highly unlikely #15 in Pairwise gets in the big tournament. But it's entirely possible any team can win the Big 10 tournament, so I'll assume two teams get in.

NCHC not only has 4 in the top 10 but 3 in the top 4. Doubt it stays that way but it sure looks like there will be 4 teams getting in the NCAA's.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSUBlackandRed View Post
      Well last weekend was quite a turn of events. All the upsets in the Big 10 pretty much exploded the Pairwise. Are we going with parity? Not sure how a team that lost to St. Lawrence and Ferris State at home is only 2 points back from the conference leader.

Highly unlikely #15 in Pairwise gets in the big tournament. But it's entirely possible any team can win the Big 10 tournament, so I'll assume two teams get in.

NCHC not only has 4 in the top 10 but 3 in the top 4. Doubt it stays that way but it sure looks like there will be 4 teams getting in the NCAA's.
      Still 4 teams in the top 10 of the pairwise as Ohio St is the only team from the big ten. I agree 2 should make it from the big ten unless Ohio St wins the tourney and the pair wise stays the way it is now. If a team other than the 4 in the top 10 wins the NCHC tourney there could be 5 teams in the tourney.
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• This sure aged well.

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
          Still 4 teams in the top 10 of the pairwise as Ohio St is the only team from the big ten. I agree 2 should make it from the big ten unless Ohio St wins the tourney and the pair wise stays the way it is now. If a team other than the 4 in the top 10 wins the NCHC tourney there could be 5 teams in the tourney.
          Yep. Ohio State should hold on to a #1 seed but the only way another B1G team is getting in is by winning their tourney. I mean it's mathematically possible either Notre Dame or Penn State can move up in PWR but both are pretty much playing .500 hockey right now. That won't move them up to #12 or better where you'd want to be safe from upsets.

The four from the NCHC aren't a lock to be in but they are pretty much a lock to be in. Just have to play .500 or slightly better and they should all stay above #12. SCSU and UMD should end up as #1 seeds. Thought Denver could have hung there too but not looking that way now. The only other NCHC team with a real chance to win their conference tourney is UND and they have been so inconsistent, I really don't see them being able to string four wins together against the top teams in the conference. While still having a shot at home ice in the tourney, I'm not seeing it. That makes it even tougher.

Comment

Will 1 of those 5 be UND? If not you can at least live vicariously through them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Will 1 of those 5 be UND? If not you can at least live vicariously through them.
              Gopher fans should be getting familiar with that feeling.
              Originally posted by SJHovey
              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
              Originally posted by Brenthoven
              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Minnesotans, were used to it.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                  Gopher fans should be getting familiar with that feeling.
                  "Does he go to the bathroom for you too, Tanner?"

And no the success of another B1G team in the tournament wouldn't make me feel better about the Gophers not making it in. Thanks.

Comment

I doubt it but thanks for your concern. I’ll be in Fargo for the regional if they are there or not.
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I doubt it but thanks for your concern. I’ll be in Fargo for the regional if they are there or not.
                      Bigger question, how many UND fans make the trip to St. Paul if the team doesn't make the Frozen Faceoff? I'm sensing that event is going to have pretty sparse attendance without them... probably look a lot like any of the B1G tourneys before they moved back on campus.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSUBlackandRed View Post
                        Bigger question, how many UND fans make the trip to St. Paul if the team doesn't make the Frozen Faceoff? I'm sensing that event is going to have pretty sparse attendance without them... probably look a lot like any of the B1G tourneys before they moved back on campus.
                        I was there last year and it was mostly green. They don’t make it I’m sure a few will still go but yeah it will look like a Gopher home game at the Mooch
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SCSUBlackandRed View Post
                          Surprisingly there are a few intelligent UND fans that left ND and migrated to an actual livable area such as the Twin Cities so they're already there. You can differentiate them when they look on with bewilderment toward trees residing in close proximity to other trees.

Comment

Surprisingly there are a few intelligent UND fans that left ND and migrated to an actual livable area such as the Twin Cities so they're already there. You can differentiate them when they look on with bewilderment toward trees residing in close proximity to other trees.
                            How original. Really never heard that one before. Pick your game up SS
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Yep. Ohio State should hold on to a #1 seed but the only way another B1G team is getting in is by winning their tourney. I mean it's mathematically possible either Notre Dame or Penn State can move up in PWR but both are pretty much playing .500 hockey right now. That won't move them up to #12 or better where you'd want to be safe from upsets.
                              The B1G tournament will be brutal with everybody besides Ohio State playing for their season not to end.
                              Ohio state does NOT want Penn State in. If Penn State gets the conference berth then as the host school they get the Midwest Allentown regional. Even though they were both placed there last season OSU can't risk themselves being placed elsewhere. We want the Midwest (if you can believe it's anywhere near the Midwest) Regional.
                              Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 02-06-2019, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Having talked to Denver, COS, Grand Forks, and Twin Cities UND fans....after UND? The fans usually transfer to two places (b/c jobs): Twin Cities, or CO. Plain and simple.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X