Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten > NCHC

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA "Sure the NCHC has three teams that are better than the best B1G team, but the B1G has more mediocre teams, so the debate rages on!" This is just pathetic stuff coming from Gopher fans. And especially ol' Slapdick here, who just five days ago said he doesn't care, but is in here again trying to make the case for the B1G today. There is a good chance the B1G only gets 2 teams in the tournament, and a decent chance they only get one team in. The NCHC has the top team (by a wide margin) and the #3 team. 2 of the top 3 teams. You guys are seriously going to keep going with this?
    I agree! This thread is tired and boring and I don't care if the Big Ten is better. I only care about Minnesota winning and would rather see the Wild win a Stanley Cup before anything else.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
      HAHAHAHAHA "Sure the NCHC has three teams that are better than the best B1G team, but the B1G has more mediocre teams, so the debate rages on!" This is just pathetic stuff coming from Gopher fans. And especially ol' Slapdick here, who just five days ago said he doesn't care, but is in here again trying to make the case for the B1G today. There is a good chance the B1G only gets 2 teams in the tournament, and a decent chance they only get one team in. The NCHC has the top team (by a wide margin) and the #3 team. 2 of the top 3 teams. You guys are seriously going to keep going with this?
      As a whole, I think B1G is equal too, or better than the Nachos. I said that your best could beat our best. I also think our mediore/worst could beat your mediocre worst. So, that's the WHOLE pie. If you were to say "the top 2-3 Nachos are better than the top 2-3 B1G?" Not even a question. But that ISN'T what I posited in my post.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        As a whole, I think B1G is equal too, or better than the Nachos. I said that your best could beat our best. I also think our mediore/worst could beat your mediocre worst. So, that's the WHOLE pie. If you were to say "the top 2-3 Nachos are better than the top 2-3 B1G?" Not even a question. But that ISN'T what I posited in my post.
        Here would be the matchups...

SCSU vs Ohio State
        Minnesota Duluth vs Notre Dame
        Denver vs Penn State
        Western Michigan vs Minnesota
        North Dakota vs Michigan
        Colorado College vs Wisconsin
        Miami vs Michigan State

Which four series does the B1G win?
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          Here would be the matchups...

SCSU vs Ohio State
          Minnesota Duluth vs Notre Dame
          Denver vs Penn State
          Western Michigan vs Minnesota
          North Dakota vs Michigan
          Colorado College vs Wisconsin
          Miami vs Michigan State

Which four series does the B1G win?
          PSU, MN, MI, MSU.

Now obviously, there are some that are really close. PSU would be one of them.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

PSU, MN, MI, MSU.

Have you seen Western play this year?
            North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              Have you seen Western play this year?
              Have you seen MSU or MN play lately? I know this is all just a dck swinging competition. It's all in fun. I guess what might be a better question in all this is what is the TOUGHER conference? The least separation in talent, etc?

Comment

FWIW, both KRACH and PWR would give the NCHC a 5-2 edge in those series.
                North Dakota

Comment

Have you seen MSU or MN play lately? I know this is all just a dck swinging competition. It's all in fun. I guess what might be a better question in all this is what is the TOUGHER conference? The least separation in talent, etc?
                  Answer my question, then Ill answer yours.
                  North Dakota

Comment

PSU, MN, MI, MSU.

I used to give consideration to your point even though it’s speculative and fairly likely, inaccurate. Now I think you smoke salvia and try to make predictions.
                    You remember how bad Denver beat Pedo State (or are only B1G fans allowed to call them that?) in the NCAA’s? And that was when Penn was “good”.
                    Anyways, I digress..
                    SCSU-UMD game living up to hype. Tried to flip to a B1G game to compare play—strange, no televised B1G hockey on. Even the rescheduled DU-CC game is on. Now, I get annoyed enough when we miss the first 5 minutes of a game on CBS Sports because the last minute of a bball game carries on 15 minutes from a foul fest. But I can’t imagine how frustrating it has to be to have no hockey game to watch and instead, 2 bball games
                    Last edited by UMD21; 03-08-2019, 10:05 PM.
                    I wanna go fast!

Comment

MN-MI was on FSN+. Radio got bounced to a subpar channel due to other MN sports. Busy weekend in the Cities.

I haven't seen Western play, radio talked them up a little, as they did MSU, and obviously MN.

And this whole convo is speculative, given all the teams in discussion do not play the same OOC schedule, nor the intra-conference schedule.

Comment

MN-MI was on FSN+. Radio got bounced to a subpar channel due to other MN sports. Busy weekend in the Cities.

I haven't seen Western play, radio talked them up a little, as they did MSU, and obviously MN.

And this whole convo is speculative, given all the teams in discussion do not play the same OOC schedule, nor the intra-conference schedule.
                        From what I have seen, Minnesota is not a very good team. They got their teeth kicked in by UND, and we suck this year. Ive seen Minnesota two other times. They got their teeth kicked in by Penn State, and they handled ASU. Western is a top 10 team. I dont think that series would be particularly close.

I havent seen Michigan State play. Neither Miami nor Omaha are any good though.

I think St Cloud and Duluth would win their series fairly easily. Denver is better than Penn State, but when PSU is on, they are very good. I just think over a several game series, DUs overall talent would get them by Penn State. North Dakota would go 7 games against anyone in the country, so that series would be a toss up. Michigan could certainly take it. CC is better than Wisconsin. The Badgers have looked like garbage whenever I have seen them play.

So, I would probably go with the NCHC winning 5-6 of the 7 series. Of course, in a one game scenario, anything can happen.

As for which conference is the closest in terms of talent, that is a no brainer...Atlantic Hockey.
                        North Dakota

Comment

SCSU and tUMD are the best teams out of this whole thing, no question.

MN also handled OSU, the one team that is for sure tourney-bound in the B1G. Is MN good? Not over the course of the year, but they have seemed to turn A corner. Maybe not THE corner, though. If it were a Royal Rumble of sorts, as of this moment, I'll stand by my statement that as a whole, the B1G is (slightly) better than the Nachos. I will note, that better does NOT mean, and is FAR FROM, dominant. Those terms are far apart in description.

Comment

PSU, MN, MI, MSU.

I used to give consideration to your point even though it’s speculative and fairly likely, inaccurate. Now I think you smoke salvia and try to make predictions.
                            You remember how bad Denver beat Pedo State (or are only B1G fans allowed to call them that?) in the NCAA’s? And that was when Penn was “good”.
                            SCSU-UMD game living up to hype. Tried to flip to a B1G game to compare play—strange, no televised B1G hockey on. Even the rescheduled DU-CC game is on. Now I get annoyed enough when we miss the first 5 minutes of a game on CBS Sports because the last minute of a bball game carries on 15 minutes from a foul fest. But I can’t imagine how frustrating it has to be to have no hockey game to watch and instead, 2 bball games

Anyways, I digress.
                            I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                              SCSU-UMD game living up to hype. Tried to flip to a B1G game to compare play—strange, no televised B1G hockey on. Even the rescheduled DU-CC game is on. Now I get annoyed enough when we miss the first 5 minutes of a game on CBS Sports because the last minute of a bball game carries on 15 minutes from a foul fest. But I can’t imagine how frustrating it has to be to have no hockey game to watch and instead, 2 bball games

Anyways, I digress.
                              You already posted this. But I digress.

Comment

SCSU and tUMD are the best teams out of this whole thing, no question.

MN also handled OSU, the one team that is for sure tourney-bound in the B1G. Is MN good? Not over the course of the year, but they have seemed to turn A corner. Maybe not THE corner, though. If it were a Royal Rumble of sorts, as of this moment, I'll stand by my statement that as a whole, the B1G is (slightly) better than the Nachos. I will note, that better does NOT mean, and is FAR FROM, dominant. Those terms are far apart in description.
                                I think most people who have watched both conferences this season would come to a different conclusion. Unless your measure is would the worst team in the B1G beat the worst team in the NCHC...then you may have an argument. A ****ty argument, but at least an argument.

ETA: And I think you have your maroon and gold goggles on for Minnesota. They are not a good team.
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X