• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
    Usually is
    True
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Re: Big Ten > NCHC

FWIW in pairwise the B1G is mostly clustered 17th-30th whereas NCHC makes up top few spots but Miama and Omaha are way down near 40. So solid, but not too to bottom. Kinda feels like the old WCHA when UAA, Tech and UMD were the stomping mats. Least CC got out of the cellar they seem to be the most dangerous underdog we have
      I wanna go fast!

Comment

The fact that St. Cloud may only end up with 2 or 3 regular season losses in this conference is pretty remarkable.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
          The fact that St. Cloud may only end up with 2 or 3 regular season losses in this conference is pretty remarkable.
          That's passing the acid test, no question.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
            That's passing the acid test, no question.
            National title will be the next test. They are due
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
              National title will be the next test. They are due
              A little of the same dynamic as UND when they transitioned from Hak to Berry. I wouldn't mind seeing SCSU get one.

Comment

A little of the same dynamic as UND when they transitioned from Hak to Berry. I wouldn't mind seeing SCSU get one.
                Very true and I wouldn’t mind seeing them take it all either. Keeps the title in the NCHC once again by 4 different teams in the last 4 years
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                  Keeps the title in the NCHC once again by 4 different teams in the last 4 years
                  I hadn't thought of that. Amazing, if it happens.

Comment

I hadn't thought of that. Amazing, if it happens.
                    Big if but they haven’t had a bump in the road all season
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I would just like to point out how amazing it is that St. Cloud is on their way to winning their third conference title in the first six years of the NCHC, and fourth conference title in seven years overall. When we tied the Gophers for the final MacNaughton Cup under the old conference alignment, fans of "rival" programs were telling us not to get used to it because we were basically going to be the chum for the big fish in the new conference. To be honest, it was kinda hard to argue against that. Although I would rather have the postseason success of UMD, SCSU has probably won more games than any team in college hockey over the past 6 or 7 years, and that has been pretty enjoyable.
                      Originally posted by SJHovey
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      Originally posted by Brenthoven
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                        I would just like to point out how amazing it is that St. Cloud is on their way to winning their third conference title in the first six years of the NCHC, and fourth conference title in seven years overall. When we tied the Gophers for the final MacNaughton Cup under the old conference alignment, fans of "rival" programs were telling us not to get used to it because we were basically going to be the chum for the big fish in the new conference. To be honest, it was kinda hard to argue against that. Although I would rather have the postseason success of UMD, SCSU has probably won more games than any team in college hockey over the past 6 or 7 years, and that has been pretty enjoyable.
                        And I think all teams (and their fans) in the conference benefit from that performance, including UND. Any way you look at it, it's a great privilege to be in this conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                          Well, I can think of one team that has won more games over that time period, but we've had literally zero NCAA success. Anyway, well done, Huskies! Winning, and with a fun style to watch.
                          Last edited by purpleinnebraska; 02-19-2019, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
                            https://www.uscho.com/2018/10/23/tmq...uooetUAqEcpKDk

Hands down, the Big Ten is far and away THE best conference in college hockey bar none. Given the budgets of the athletic departments at Big Ten schools compared to the budgets of the athletic departments at other schools, better get used to it. This is how it is going to be year-in and year-out from now on for all of eternity.
                            Comedy gold
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                              Comedy gold
                              He’ll defend himself saying it was sattire and he was just mocking the NCHC arrogance. I wont deny the NCHC seems like a circle jerk talking about success a lot of the time, but he actually meant it and was trying to disguise his arguments as “sattire”.
                              Funny how butthurt Minnesota fans are of UMD. “I liked them before they were winning and became arrogant *****s”—-like Minnesota has been...forever...? They can dish it, but sure can’t take it.
                              I took great pleasure seeing all the Gopher fans turn anti-UMD for the frozen four. You know you’ve got them defeated when they’ll cheer for their “rivals” rather than the home state team even in the proud state of hockey
                              I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                                Well, I can think of one team that has won more games over that time period, but we've had literally zero NCAA success. Anyway, well done, Huskies! Winning, and with a fun style to watch.
                                Right you are. My bad.
                                Originally posted by SJHovey
                                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Working...
                                X