Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten > NCHC

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    I think most people who have watched both conferences this season would come to a different conclusion. Unless your measure is would the worst team in the B1G beat the worst team in the NCHC...then you may have an argument. A ****ty argument, but at least an argument.

ETA: And I think you have your maroon and gold goggles on for Minnesota. They are not a good team.
    1. I have said the worst team in the B1G would beat the worst team in the Nacho. Top to bottom, B1G is slightly better. As a whole. That was the whole point of my post.
    2. MN over the full year, is not a good team. I don't think they'll make the NCAAs. However, in a matchup, I can't count them out. You trumpet WMU, who is not great by any means, I'll trumpet the U.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      1. I have said the worst team in the B1G would beat the worst team in the Nacho. Top to bottom, B1G is slightly better. As a whole. That was the whole point of my post.
      2. MN over the full year, is not a good team. I don't think they'll make the NCAAs. However, in a matchup, I can't count them out. You trumpet WMU, who is not great by any means, I'll trumpet the U.
      Top to bottom, NCHC is better. They would win 5-6 of the 7 series. Just because the bottom dweller in the B1G would win their series does not make the B1G better.

Western is a top 10 team. Minnesota sucks.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Top to bottom, NCHC is better. They would win 5-6 of the 7 series. Just because the bottom dweller in the B1G would win their series does not make the B1G better.

Western is a top 10 team. Minnesota sucks.
        Western is 14 in the PWR. Try again.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Western is 14 in the PWR. Try again.
          Check KRACH.
          North Dakota

Comment

Check KRACH.
            KRACH doesn't count. Stats, lies, and dam lies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
              I used to give consideration to your point even though it’s speculative and fairly likely, inaccurate. Now I think you smoke salvia and try to make predictions.
              You remember how bad Denver beat Pedo State (or are only B1G fans allowed to call them that?) in the NCAA’s? And that was when Penn was “good”.
              SCSU-UMD game living up to hype. Tried to flip to a B1G game to compare play—strange, no televised B1G hockey on. Even the rescheduled DU-CC game is on. Now I get annoyed enough when we miss the first 5 minutes of a game on CBS Sports because the last minute of a bball game carries on 15 minutes from a foul fest. But I can’t imagine how frustrating it has to be to have no hockey game to watch and instead, 2 bball games

Anyways, I digress.
              DU just lost to CC.

Comment

DU just lost to CC.
                And somehow DU is still ranked higher than any B1G squad. Shows you how good the NCHC is from top to bottom.
                North Dakota

Comment

DU just lost to CC.
                  Aware. DU still 2-0 against B1G. How come it seems B1G teams avoid playing DU or UND unless they have no other option? Only Jeff Jackson has the balls to schedule tough competition in the B1G and they’re not even officially Big 10. Woops just checked UND went 3-0 against B1G also.
                  I got no beef. Our banter has nothing to do with Aprils champion. Still ****ed at refs in SCSU-UMD game
                  I wanna go fast!

Comment

SCSU and tUMD are the best teams out of this whole thing, no question.

MN also handled OSU, the one team that is for sure tourney-bound in the B1G. Is MN good? Not over the course of the year, but they have seemed to turn A corner. Maybe not THE corner, though. If it were a Royal Rumble of sorts, as of this moment, I'll stand by my statement that as a whole, the B1G is (slightly) better than the Nachos. I will note, that better does NOT mean, and is FAR FROM, dominant. Those terms are far apart in description.
                    This season B1G is 4-8-1 against the NCHC. 2 of the B1G wins were by the B1G’s 2nd place team over the NCHC 8th Place team.
                    5 seasons in a row the NCHC has beaten the B1G in head to head OOC!!
                    It sure has been fun to watch the spoiled rich kids (and self proclaimed Blue Bloods) of college hockey fall on their faces. You deserve it!!

Comment

And somehow DU is still ranked higher than any B1G squad. Shows you how good the NCHC is from top to bottom.
                      We've covered this. Your best is the best. But after that? I think we could take you. So overall, IMO, we are the better conference.

Comment

We've covered this. Your best is the best. But after that? I think we could take you. So overall, IMO, we are the better conference.
                        I agree that our best is the best. But if our worst can beat our best, then your worst would have no chance against our worst. Ergo, it is no contest. NCHC > B1G.
                        North Dakota

Comment

I agree that our best is the best. But if our worst can beat our best, then your worst would have no chance against our worst. Ergo, it is no contest. NCHC > B1G.
                          That is a leap. WI just beat the Pedos. And WI shouldn't beat anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            You just keep up with the "my crappiest team can beat your crappiest team" argument. Good thinking there.
                            Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

That is a leap. WI just beat the Pedos. And WI shouldn't beat anyone.
                              Simple, both teams suck. Theyd both get rolled in the NCHC.
                              North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                                You just keep up with the "my crappiest team can beat your crappiest team" argument. Good thinking there.
                                That's what the whole discussion is about. Top to bottom. Every team. Not just best vs best.

Comment

Working...
                                X