Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten > NCHC

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Norte dame has tons of great places to drink. But like St. Paul it’s probably a complete disaster on st Patty’s day and not fit for human occupation.
    This. St Pat's day in St Paul is a war zone.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Let's just say Notre Dame is NOT the place to be on St.Paddy's Day if you're with the visiting team!

Comment

Not on campus they don’t. I was there for multiple football games and they had exactly one bar on/near campus. So any great places to drink weren’t anywhere near the arena. To be fair, I was probably overserved and that’s all we could find in that state of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
          Yep, high cost of tickets, plus the cost of parking/transport there, plus the $11 beer sales (they sell beer at the regional's right? if not, even worse, no beer). Or I could relax at home, watch the game in HD and drink better beer (at about a quarter of the cost).
          They DO NOT sell alcohol at the NCAA Regionals. Heck, they don't even sell it at the Frozen Four! I can confirm this. And I've been saying it for 15 years. If they wanted to immediately increase attendance at these regionals, they should do two things right away: 1) sell beer, and 2) lower ticket prices.

Comment

I’m pretty sure they did at the X.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              I’m pretty sure they did at the X.
              Nope. I attended more than one regional there and no alcohol to be found. Not even on the club level. I also attended the Frozen Four in 2011 and last year. Nothing.

They sell it for the conference tournaments, but not for the NCAAs. They don't even sell it at the bouncy ball tournament.

Comment

I’m almost positive I drank at the X for the frozen four. I can check my credit card transactions.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
                  Yeah, regionals are not exactly hot tickets. I only go when it's local and then only to the SCSU games. For me, that's three times now, but I would never attend if it's not my team. I didn't even go out to Sioux Falls last year because I didn't want to be too far from home if disaster struck (which it did). I won't be going out to Fargo either if that's where the Huskies are placed.

The old WCHA Final Five was a blast... best college hockey atmosphere ever. The NCHC isn't the same, but they do a good job. I tend to go every year for at least one day.
                  Same. We're probably going to go to Fargo if the Huskies end up there. It's tough though, we'll drop a good amount of cash at the NCHC tourney right before it. Gets pretty spendy to do those back-to-back but at least it is driveable. And seriously, they need to allow beer sales during the NCAA's. Thought I saw tickets for Fargo were $99 plus fees for the 3 games. That's really not that bad but if my team is out after the first game, pretty much guaranteed I'm not going the next day and then that becomes an expensive ticket for most likely one game.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
                    Nope. I attended more than one regional there and no alcohol to be found. Not even on the club level. I also attended the Frozen Four in 2011 and last year. Nothing.

They sell it for the conference tournaments, but not for the NCAAs. They don't even sell it at the bouncy ball tournament.
                    You can drink in the suites at Scheels Arena. Other than that no beer or booze.
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSUBlackandRed View Post
                      Same. We're probably going to go to Fargo if the Huskies end up there. It's tough though, we'll drop a good amount of cash at the NCHC tourney right before it. Gets pretty spendy to do those back-to-back but at least it is driveable. And seriously, they need to allow beer sales during the NCAA's. Thought I saw tickets for Fargo were $99 plus fees for the 3 games. That's really not that bad but if my team is out after the first game, pretty much guaranteed I'm not going the next day and then that becomes an expensive ticket for most likely one game.
                      I paid 82 bucks for mine but they are general admission. If UND isn’t there and that’s probably true, there should be plenty of seats available to move to
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post

Yeah this isn't true anymore. I attended the Frozen Four in St. Paul last year and bought beer from the concessions the entire time. In 2011, I had to walk outside the arena to a bar. But the rules changed a year or two ago, so this is no longer the case. They absolutely do sell beer at these regionals and Frozen Four events now.
                        "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
                          Yeah this isn't true anymore. I attended the Frozen Four in St. Paul last year and bought beer from the concessions the entire time. In 2011, I had to walk outside the arena to a bar. But the rules changed a year or two ago, so this is no longer the case. They absolutely do sell beer at these regionals and Frozen Four events now.
                          I believe last year was the first of a two-year pilot program to test alcohol sales at select NCAA Championship events....I imagine there will be beer in Buffalo this year, as well, but am unsure about the regionals. This summer they'll reevaluate the issue for permanent institution.

r

Comment

If it involves making money, beer & alcohol sales are here to stay. The universities and the NCAA would sell their mothers if it meant making a buck. Money alone is the primary driving force behind them all anymore!

Comment

SCSU number 1 in pairwise followed by Duluth number 3, Denver number 4, and WMU number 9. Denver only 1 game above .500 in league play. That is one tough conference this year
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Usually is

Comment

Working...
                                X