Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten > NCHC

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA "Sure the NCHC has three teams that are better than the best B1G team, but the B1G has more mediocre teams, so the debate rages on!" This is just pathetic stuff coming from Gopher fans. And especially ol' Slapdick here, who just five days ago said he doesn't care, but is in here again trying to make the case for the B1G today. There is a good chance the B1G only gets 2 teams in the tournament, and a decent chance they only get one team in. The NCHC has the top team (by a wide margin) and the #3 team. 2 of the top 3 teams. You guys are seriously going to keep going with this?
    What did I say that was so outrageous? The NCHC is clearly better at the top without question and we're happy for you. On the whole it makes no difference to me because if Gophers don't make the tournament the success of any other B1G team won't change that.

Go Gophers.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      That's what the whole discussion is about. Top to bottom. Every team. Not just best vs best.
      Not Brent's argument. It is the bottom feeders are better. I don't know how you can simply forget about the head-to-head results and the top teams being higher in every measurement and argue that the B1G is the better conference.
      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
        Not Brent's argument. It is the bottom feeders are better. I don't know how you can simply forget about the head-to-head results and the top teams being higher in every measurement and argue that the B1G is the better conference.
        Bc he is basing it all on his gut feeling and how some B1G teams have turned a corner. What he doesn’t realize is if they turned that corner into NCHC teams they would get leveled.
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          Bc he is basing it all on his gut feeling and how some B1G teams have turned a corner. What he doesn’t realize is if they turned that corner into NCHC teams they would get leveled.
          It's everyone's gut feeling on who's better, since none of them played the same schedules. It's all internet fodder.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I love the first signs of spring!

Setting the clocks ahead and Cloudies talking smack before the annual post-season disappointment sets in!
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              PSU, MN, MI, MSU.

Now obviously, there are some that are really close. PSU would be one of them.
              https://tenor.com/view/fonz-fonzie-happy-days-jump-gif-10594729
              Originally posted by SJHovey
              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
              Originally posted by Brenthoven
              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                What did I say that was so outrageous? The NCHC is clearly better at the top without question and we're happy for you. On the whole it makes no difference to me because if Gophers don't make the tournament the success of any other B1G team won't change that.

Go Gophers.
                What is outrageous is you thinking this is even a contest because the B1G's, I don't know, 5th, 6th, and 7th best teams are supposedly better than the NCHC's. Since when has anyone used that as a criteria? And now that another night of games is in the books, NCHC's first team is higher than the B1Gs 1st, we have three teams higher than your first, our 4th team is higher than your second, and our 5th team is higher than your third. So we have now established that our top 5 teams are better than your top 5 teams which is over half the conference. Argument over.

Now can the Gophers start winning and stop embarrassing our state by being worse than Arizona State?
                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post

Setting the clocks ahead and Cloudies talking smack before the annual post-season disappointment sets in!
                  Don't you have some sure-to-disappoint recruits to talk about in the Wisconsin thread? Team hasn't won a tournament game in almost a decade and hasn't even made the tourney in 5 years and you're talking trash. Next.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                    What is outrageous is you thinking this is even a contest because the B1G's, I don't know, 5th, 6th, and 7th best teams are supposedly better than the NCHC's. Since when has anyone used that as a criteria? And now that another night of games is in the books, NCHC's first team is higher than the B1Gs 1st, we have three teams higher than your first, our 4th team is higher than your second, and our 5th team is higher than your third. So we have now established that our top 5 teams are better than your top 5 teams which is over half the conference. Argument over.

Now can the Gophers start winning and stop embarrassing our state by being worse than Arizona State?
                    We demolished ASU, and ASU PSU'd their schedule for their record.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      It's everyone's gut feeling on who's better, since none of them played the same schedules. It's all internet fodder.
                      Right... except for the fact that every conceivable metric says NCHC > B1G this year.

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post

St. Cloud will be the #1 overall and could possibly lose in the first round of the NCAAs to the lowest ranked team in the dance for a second straight year, but unlike Wisconsin, at least SCSU players don't have to pay to get to watch NCAA tournament hockey
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

If both conferences' teams played the exact same schedule...you missed that part. They didn't, so the metrics have to go by what they had.

Only one way to settle this: NCHC and B1G simply all play each other next year in its entirety. No WCHA teams, no EZAC, no Atlantic hockey, no one else. That will be the schedules for all those teams. Or cage match. That'd be cool, too.

Comment

If they did that at least Gopher fans would care about the opponents every week.

Comment

I posed this question to NCHCers over on SS.com: If the puck hit a pipe during a UMinn/UMich tournament game and no one was around to hear it, did it make a sound?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                              What is outrageous is you thinking this is even a contest....?
                              What is the contest? I've said but a few words on all of it most of which acknowledging the top NCHC teams much stronger. Beyond that I've not argued anything. This all really important to you isn't? Hey at least no matter what happens this season you have the world's greatest conference to fall back on. Bravo!
                              Last edited by Slap Shot; 03-09-2019, 06:35 PM.

Comment

I actually thought the Big Ten had turned a corner last season when they got 4 teams into the dance and 3 of them to the frozen four (even though they didn't win - thanks Duluth). Guess not. I do think that 2 will make it this year but its also possible only OSU could qualify. That is a step backwards from last year. The NCHC is likely going to get 4 teams into it this season, with 2 being #1 seeds. That conference has a better non-conference record than the Big Ten. I don't know where the stats indicate that the Big Ten is having a better season than the NCHC. Every measureable item says otherwise. Course, if a team from the Big Ten wins the NCAA Title, then we might have an argument here.

Comment

Working...
                                X