X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten > NCHC

Not again
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by DynastyUdude
      lol, this one really made me laugh. Are you suggesting that you think I am violent and that I would abuse women if I didn't have this site to, I don't know, get out my frustrations on? lmao, WOW. That just is so funny, everytime I think about what you wrote, it cracks me up, thank you. I think you meant offense, and that's ok, I took it with a grain of salt.
      Actually no, I didn't mean it that way but knew right away it could sound like that. I just meant instead of you nagging the ***** out of her.. Didn't peg you as violent, out of all your rants I don't think I ever recall you wanting to meet up with anyone here to "beat their ***" which is quite common in the world of the internets...
      I wanna go fast!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
        Not again
        This is like a bad dream I keep having...except this time I’m wearing pants.

Comment

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
          That's fair. Like I said, I'm probably wrong in my assumption but that's what I've seen through my objective lens. The way I see it, there may be only 10 blue chip players in the state (example), and in the past I think the Gophers would get 6-8 of those 10 players. I think that helped them weather early departures or deal with "missed" prospects that don't live up to the hype. Today, I think they probably get closer to 2-3 of those 10 players. Which means if they miss on 1 or 2, you get what you have today. Over a 4 year period, 8-12 solid players. Which, being honest, is where UMD/SCSU/Mankato were for YEARS. That's why we all had to build up talent over 3-4 years and make a single run at the playoffs before going back into re-tooling mode.
          Fair points as well. Props to the other Minnesota schools for getting better recruits/fits for their program.
          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by DynastyUdude
            And I'll keep this short because I've said plenty about this in the past, but the NHL's robbing the Gophers of so many players has to be taken into account. You claim that UMD and SCSU and Mankato are doing a better job of recruiting??? Really? Couldn't it be that the NHL hasn't yet started to go after Mankato players, and only recently has started to go after SCSU's and UMD's? And SCSU has done what to prove their recruiting is better? Won in the regular season? So what?
            Yes, I do believe those schools are currently doing a better job of recruiting than Minnesota. If you claim that the NHL is robbing Minnesota then I'd argue that those other schools are doing a better job of bringing in kids that they can keep around for 3-4 years. Is it fun to talk about draft picks and all that noise? Sure. But unless they come in and win you a title, they leave after 1-2 years and you have to start over. Again, it's not that simple because the first time you miss on one of the high enders and they go elsewhere and have success you're gonna get ripped.

I personally don't take postseason success into account as much as some. A one and done format is a crazy way to decide a championship in hockey. You said it yourself, weird bounces can decide the outcome of games. Bottom line for me is that SCSU, UMD, and Mankato are all doing enough year in and year out to put themselves in the tournament picture, Minnesota is not. I'd rather be in the tournament than not, even if it's a long shot to win. YMMV.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

If Minnesota was recruiting better than the other in-state teams, wouldn't they at least be .500 against those teams, instead of being embarrassingly bad against them? It's not like the Gophs have 4 or 5 guys leaving early to go pro every year, or really any year for that matter.
              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                If Minnesota was recruiting better than the other in-state teams, wouldn't they at least be .500 against those teams, instead of being embarrassingly bad against them? It's not like the Gophs have 4 or 5 guys leaving early to go pro every year, or really any year for that matter.
                On paper, yes. We all know sports and rivalries can be unpredictable, but I'd agree that if there was that much of a disparity it wouldn't have gotten to the point it has with the run other MN teams have had against the Gophers.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Well this thread will now have to be ignored

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                    Well this thread will now have to be ignored
                    Why?
                    Dubbers/DUd is gone.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      Why?
                      Dubbers/DUd is gone.
                      Hahahahaha. They banned him again. Too hilarious

Comment

I wonder if he was booted for this nonsense or for crossing the line i political threads in the Cafe. He was a little over the top yesterday and I could see there was potential for him trending toward the abyss over there.

Good riddance.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          I wonder if he was booted for this nonsense or for crossing the line i political threads in the Cafe. He was a little over the top yesterday and I could see there was potential for him trending toward the abyss over there.

Good riddance.
                          Back to the real issues...like bringing the Northstar Cup back but having it travel to each teams hometown round robin style. I'd travel to Bemidji for a 4-team MN tourney.
                          "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

• Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
                            Back to the real issues...like bringing the Northstar Cup back but having it travel to each teams hometown round robin style. I'd travel to Bemidji for a 4-team MN tourney.
                            Gophers would never agree to that
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                              This is like a bad dream I keep having...except this time I’m wearing pants.
                              Pants are overrated.
                              You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                                Gophers would never agree to that
                                If I were those schools I'd say, "screw Minnesota" and do it without them.

Comment

Working...
                                X