SUNYAC Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
    Cool tribute and I remember when that happened, sad story.
    Cheers to the new #1 in PWR
    I know this is a bold prediction but if Geneseo doesn't win the National Championship it might be disappointing. They are a strong squad.

Comment

Re: SUNYAC Preview

Genny fans-never been to your rink..Does the student body shout (k)night singing the National Anthem?
      Back in the Romney days at Oswego the students used to insert the cymbal crashes into the National Anthem. "Tttssshhhhhhh".

In Utica they're pretty vocal about the "Oh say can UC!" part. Just not sure if it's about Utica College, or Utica Club.....
      Oswego State 1980 Grad
      (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
        Through 20 games the Ice Knights have allowed just 18 goals. Of those 18 goals allowed, 12 of them were given up in 4 individual games (Buff State 4, Plattsburgh 3, Nazareth 3, Lebanon Valley 2).

In the remaining 16 out of 20 games they held their opponents to 1 goal or fewer, including 10 shutouts.
        Yeah. I probably shouldn't say this, but they're freekin scary this year.
        Oswego State 1980 Grad
        (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

I am thinking a Geneseo vs Point final game @ the Willett could be pretty entertaining to watch.
          SNC Men:
          Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
          NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
          SNC Women:
          O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
            I am thinking a Geneseo vs Point final game @ the Willett could be pretty entertaining to watch.
            Certainly looking like the two titans in each region right now.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

I must have been at the gym or at the gun club but where are the Frozen 4 being held this yr??

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                I must have been at the gym or at the gun club but where are the Frozen 4 being held this yr??
                Campus site of the highest-seeded participant who submitted an acceptable bid to host.
                Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  Certainly looking like the two titans in each region right now.
                  It appears Genny has the tougher road to the end of the regular season; 5 games to go, 4 of them away from the Ira, including a weird one game trip to the north country to play that juggernaut Canton this weekend. Go Roos. Genny gets the RS title leaving the rest of us playing for 2nd, 3rd, etc.
                  Point has 4 left to play, 2 at home with a rematch with Blugolds standing out.
                  Last edited by OZFEST; 01-28-2019, 07:10 PM.

Comment

ok ic,makes the regular season more important...…..or do they seed after conference playoffs??? Do we know who had "Acceptable" bids??

Comment

• Re: SUNYAC Preview

It appears Genny has the tougher road to the end of the regular season; 5 games to go, 4 of them away from the Ira, including a weird one game trip to the north to play that juggernaut Canton this weekend. Go Roos. Genny gets the RS title leaving the rest of us playing 2nd, 3rd, etc.
                      Point has 4 left to play, 2 at home with a rematch with Blugolds standing out.
                      Odds are that Point will play Eau Claire two more times...they beat them once, play at EC in RS and likely will face them in the WIAC playoffs.....hard to beat the same team three times in the same season...
                      SNC Men:
                      Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                      NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                      SNC Women:
                      O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                        Campus site of the highest-seeded participant who submitted an acceptable bid to host.
                        Nothing says it has to go to the highest seeded participant who submits an acceptable bid.

My take? It's going out west if at all possible.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                          ok ic,makes the regular season more important...…..or do they seed after conference playoffs??? Do we know who had "Acceptable" bids??
                          Remember, all national seedings are done by PWR. Thus, when all the games are done, all of them before the NCAA playoffs, you will have your playoff at large participants and the seedings determined by PWR.

However, the seedings will not necessarily play a part in the bracket make up of the tournament.

And, I'm also saying it will not be the only determination in deciding the national championship host. That's my gut speaking.

As for qualified bids, you don't really know. I can tell you that Geneseo and Oswego would make for qualified bids, and I'm sure they are both putting the paperwork in.
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                            As for qualified bids, you don't really know. I can tell you that Geneseo and Oswego would make for qualified bids, and I'm sure they are both putting the paperwork in.
                            Rumors of the smoke filled room's demise were greatly exaggerated!
                            #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                              Rumors of the smoke filled room's demise were greatly exaggerated!
                              We have said all along that once the teams are picked via PWR, everything else goes out the window -- bracket creation and host sites. Nothing was exaggerated.

And the reason I said you don't really know who put in a qualified bid to host is because it takes many factors to consider whether a facility is qualified to host a national championship event. And it's not just infrastructure. Staff is considered as well. As are hotel availability. Ease of travel. Closeness to an airport. Just too many unknowns to know how that goes.
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                                We have said all along that once the teams are picked via PWR, everything else goes out the window -- bracket creation and host sites. Nothing was exaggerated.

And the reason I said you don't really know who put in a qualified bid to host is because it takes many factors to consider whether a facility is qualified to host a national championship event. And it's not just infrastructure. Staff is considered as well. As are hotel availability. Ease of travel. Closeness to an airport. Just too many unknowns to know how that goes.
                                Ok its settled, Orlando will host. Plenty of hotels, big airport, better weather and ice (in the drinks)

Comment

Working...
                                X