X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SUNYAC Preview

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    For Bport and freddy they both have gaudy records
    The 11-5-2 record of Brockport is a bit misleading with weak OOC wins. No bueno in conference. But they have had a couple good seasons in a row to pull themselves into the middle division. Freddy is Freddy Krueger.

Comment

Last knights shutout makes it 9 on the year for Genny. I dont know if this approaching any kind of record, but is this the year of the Ice Knights?

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
        Last knights shutout makes it 9 on the year for Genny. I dont know if this approaching any kind of record, but is this the year of the Ice Knights?
        Hi powered offense and great D throw in some special teams?? Coaching and

Comment

10 will tie the NCAA DIII record (St. Norbert Kyle Jones 2007-2008).

Comment

This isn't a slight on McDonald, but the whole Geneseo team deserves credit for the 9 so far. If you want to teach team defense, just pop in a tape of Geneseo this year and watch. McDonald has been up to the task when called upon, but they're only giving up around 20 shots on goal a game.
            Remy Babineaux
            remyb616@gmail.com
            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
              This isn't a slight on McDonald, but the whole Geneseo team deserves credit for the 9 so far. If you want to teach team defense, just pop in a tape of Geneseo this year and watch. McDonald has been up to the task when called upon, but they're only giving up around 20 shots on goal a game.
              Geneseo activates the D on a regular basis, so the forwards really have to be on the ball. It helps too that, as a group, the D skate very well and can get back in position really quickly (Lagrone does this multiple times a game). If you want to see McDonald being "up to the task," check out the save he made last night on a 2 on 1 on Geneseo Ice Knights twitter.

Comment

Geneseo ties the shutout record with #10 in a 5-0 win over Potsdam.

Comment

Through 20 games the Ice Knights have allowed just 18 goals. Of those 18 goals allowed, 12 of them were given up in 4 individual games (Buff State 4, Plattsburgh 3, Nazareth 3, Lebanon Valley 2).

In the remaining 16 out of 20 games they held their opponents to 1 goal or fewer, including 10 shutouts.
                  #OneKnight

Comment

Genny fans-never been to your rink..Does the student body shout (k)night singing the National Anthem?

And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
                    Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there;

Been a tradition for the students at UCF at all home games for years... Just wondering aloud.

Comment

Genny fans-never been to your rink..Does the student body shout (k)night singing the National Anthem?
                      I haven't been a student in over a decade, but I remember one time when I was there the Pep Band organized students to shout "Ice Knights" during that part of the anthem, but the administration put a quick stop to it after the very first time and it never happened again while I was there.

I can't speak to anything that's happened since then though.
                      Last edited by KnightsOfTheRound; 01-27-2019, 06:00 PM.
                      #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                        I haven't been a student in over a decade, but I remember one time when I was there the Pep Band organized students to shout "Ice Knights" during that part of the anthem, but the administration put a quick stop to it after the very first time and it never happened again while I was there.

I can't speak to anything that's happened since then though.
                        Some people sing along during the Anthems, but that's about it.

We DID have a dog drop the puck on Saturday. He's a new part of the K-9 unit and named "Hutch" after defenseman Matt Hutchinson, a victim of the double murder suicide a few years ago. Matt volunteered with the local police/fire/rescue and was very well thought of. There were some other dogs from the K-9 unit there and one of them joined in the Anthems with some whimpers and howls.

Comment

Originally posted by geneseo View Post
                          Some people sing along during the Anthems, but that's about it.

We DID have a dog drop the puck on Saturday. He's a new part of the K-9 unit and named "Hutch" after defenseman Matt Hutchinson, a victim of the double murder suicide a few years ago. Matt volunteered with the local police/fire/rescue and was very well thought of. There were some other dogs from the K-9 unit there and one of them joined in the Anthems with some whimpers and howls.
                          Cool tribute and I remember when that happened, sad story.
                          Cheers to the new #1 in PWR

Comment

One thing I always liked about the anthems at Geneseo is they play both the Canadian and American anthems before each home game. I know a few schools do it but it's not exactly standard practice everywhere (I can't remember if Oswego plays both or not). And yes, I distinctly remember students singing along to both anthems.
                            #OneKnight

Comment

One thing I always liked about the anthems at Geneseo is they play both the Canadian and American anthems before each home game. I know a few schools do it but it's not exactly standard practice everywhere (I can't remember if Oswego plays both or not). And yes, I distinctly remember students singing along to both anthems.
                              SNC does this at home games..
                              SNC Men:
                              Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                              NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                              SNC Women:
                              O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Norwich and Oswego both do it.
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X