SUNYAC Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    Playing better...yes....setting the world on fire by beating middle of the pack SUNYAC teams...sorry. Come out and beat Oswego by 3 or 4 goals, sure.
    Well, beat Oswego but does that count? Was only by a goal but 2 -0 Cards until 3rd. Chippy game but good win to start the playoffs.

Comment

• Re: SUNYAC Preview

David Putty says Lakers by a million

Comment

Plattsburgh is getting very good goaltending and is playing their best hockey of the year (when not on the power play). I would think that at least makes them a little dangerous now that the playoffs are here. They've beaten every team in the SUNYAC playoff. I'm not saying they'll win the whole tournament, but I think they're a legitimate threat. They don't have a large margin of error though.
        Steve
        Penn State Class of '95
        Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
          Plattsburgh is getting very good goaltending and is playing their best hockey of the year (when not on the power play). I would think that at least makes them a little dangerous now that the playoffs are here. They've beaten every team in the SUNYAC playoff. I'm not saying they'll win the whole tournament, but I think they're a legitimate threat. They don't have a large margin of error though.
          Agreed
          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Fredonia’s Tyler Riter scores at 19:13 in the first on a 4x3 power play. A perfectly placed shot from the circle into the near upper corner. The only space he had.

First period ends 1-0 over Buffalo State.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Second period ends with Fredonia still hanging onto a 1-0 lead.

At 18:23 they originally indicated a goal by Buffalo State. However, after the refs consulted with the goal judge and then each other, they waved it off. They ruled it hit the crossbar and came out.
              Russell Jaslow

Comment

This time Buffalo State does tie it up at 3:49 of the third, poking in a rebound. Anthony Tulipane scored.
                Russell Jaslow

Comment

That didn’t last long. Fredonia retakes the lead, 2-1, at 5:51. Luke Riviera put it in with a fortuitous bounce.
                  Russell Jaslow

Comment

And just like that, Buffalo State ties it back up at 7:07. They had Fredonia running around, missing on one open net before finally scoring on another exposed net.
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

Were going to overtime.

Fredonia’s Ryan Dunn had an open shot coming down the left side in the last second, but put it wide.
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

Well, Saturday night just got WAY more exciting in Oswego.

Let’s give some payback, Lakers!

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsoundguy View Post
                          Well, Saturday night just got WAY more exciting in Oswego.

Let’s give some payback, Lakers!
                          I’ll be there.
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

Fredonia wins 8:04 into OT on a 3x1. I think it was Kyle Jelinski. He took the pass from the right side to be alone with the goalie and went around him to deposit it in the net.
                            Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 02-20-2019, 08:36 PM.
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Freddie gets Genny.....Cards off to the Land of Oz

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Cards were extremely lucky to win tonight. They had trouble breaking out of their zone. Their passing was off all night. In the first period, Brockport scored on a served-on-a-platter rebound, hit two posts, and missed a wide open net (the puck rolled off the Eagle's stick). In the third, I thought Brockport lost their aggressiveness on the forecheck and it cost them. Plattsburgh took a couple terrible penalties in the third, but the penalty kill held up. The Cards finished them off with a short-handed empty netter. They'll have to play better on Saturday against Oswego.
                                Steve
                                Penn State Class of '95
                                Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Working...
                                X