Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    HOF Today's Era ballot nominees:

Harold Baines, Albert Belle, Joe Carter, Will Clark, Orel Hershiser, Davey Johnson, Charlie Manuel, Lou Piniella, Lee Smith and George Steinbrenner
    Would really like to see Will Clark make it. Loved watching him play.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Re: MLB 2018.2: Postseason, Free Agency, and Awards

Steinbrenner and Lee Smith are the only two that have any kind of realistic shot.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Just saw Harper to the Yankees, unofficial, but Twitter chatter from Aaron Judge.
        I read the Yankees dropped out of the Harper sweepstakes.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Kep and Dr. Mrs. are working the polls today, but if he checks his phone, I'm sorry.

@jonmorosi: Tim Tebow is likely to begin 2019 at Triple-A, but new #Mets GM Brodie Van Wagenen did not rule out the possibility that he could make the @MLB Opening Day roster. Tebow has fully healed from hamate injury, Van Wagenen said. @MLBNetwork
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

How very Mets of them. This is 100% about ticket sales. This is the same team that just hired the guy that was an agent to like 8 of their players to be their GM.
            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              Steinbrenner and Lee Smith are the only two that have any kind of realistic shot.
              Hershiser was dominant and I believe deserving. That's the name that stands out to me in that list. Next would be Lee Smith.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

@Buster_ESPN: As there continues to be speculation about Bryce Harper and the Yankees, a well-placed source emphatically says: “It’s not happening. He’s not going to be a Yankee.”

Comment

@PeteAbe: During his opening statement, Scott Boras said LSU baseball out-drew the Miami Marlins.

Per average, indeed they did: 10,786 to 10,013.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    @PeteAbe: During his opening statement, Scott Boras said LSU baseball out-drew the Miami Marlins.

Per average, indeed they did: 10,786 to 10,013.
                    That should be grounds for automatic relocation.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Re: MLB 2018.2: Postseason, Free Agency, and Awards

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                      Hershiser was dominant and I believe deserving. That's the name that stands out to me in that list. Next would be Lee Smith.
                      Looking at his numbers, the only years I would consider him "dominant" would be 1985 and 1988. He pitched an awful lot of innings from 1987-1989, but I don't see "dominance" there, outside of '88.

I would also argue that his success from his 3 years in Cleveland was due to the fact that the Indians were absolutely loaded to high heaven during that time period. It's a minor miracle that they didn't get a ring in the '90's, and only truly got close once (1997).
                      Last edited by Hammer; 11-08-2018, 09:48 AM.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Thank you Edgar Renteria.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

https://youtu.be/w3w41TitjYs
                          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                            @Buster_ESPN: As there continues to be speculation about Bryce Harper and the Yankees, a well-placed source emphatically says: “It’s not happening. He’s not going to be a Yankee.”
                            That's what I keep reading, but then yesterday I heard the Yankees are looking to move Stanton (with his no trade clause, I don't see how that's going to happen) in order to make room for Harper.
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                              That's what I keep reading, but then yesterday I heard the Yankees are looking to move Stanton (with his no trade clause, I don't see how that's going to happen) in order to make room for Harper.
                              A lot of scuttlebutt lately about him going to the Phillies.
                              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                                A lot of scuttlebutt lately about him going to the Phillies.
                                Are you saying Stanton or Harper to PHI?

If you mean Harper, no way WAS would let him stay in the NL, and in the same division no less.
                                If you mean Stanton, I'd guess NYY was the transfer station to let him stay in the NL East.
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X