• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2018.2: Postseason, Free Agency, and Awards

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Tarping the top?
    Metrodome did it!
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      Metrodome did it!
      Oakland Coliseum did it! With sewage in the locker rooms as the tiebreaker!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Son just said “so no more $5 tickets where I can move down to the bottom level?”

Yep, that about sums it up. No more cheap tickets
        Are we starting to see the "Sports Bubble" begin to burst? It's starting to seem like people are sick of getting wrenched around for every single penny. You don't get back what you put into the investment of a ticket....
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
          Are we starting to see the "Sports Bubble" begin to burst? It's starting to seem like people are sick of getting wrenched around for every single penny. You don't get back what you put into the investment of a ticket....
          They're just moving their money to the streaming services and sitting at home. Sometimes it's not the ticket prices, sometimes it's the cost of concessions, especially for a family.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            They're just moving their money to the streaming services and sitting at home. Sometimes it's not the ticket prices, sometimes it's the cost of concessions, especially for a family.
            Yea... I used the term "ticket" as a general cover for all expenses... Cost of attending a game usually is much more than a ticket alone (parking is a large chunk that most people can't avoid without hassle, and concessions, games, and souvenirs when you have kids with you, etc.). That price has drastically increased in my sports-attending life (since 2000 basically).

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
              Yea... I used the term "ticket" as a general cover for all expenses... Cost of attending a game usually is much more than a ticket alone (parking is a large chunk that most people can't avoid without hassle, and concessions, games, and souvenirs when you have kids with you, etc.). That price has drastically increased in my sports-attending life (since 2000 basically).
              I go to one Orioles (v Red Sox) game a year. The rest of the time I go to minor league games in Bowie (AA) and Frederick (A).
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Just going by capacity, that would put Omaha in line with getting a team as TD Ameritrade has 24k. Heck, the Rays will never even get close to 26k, so you might as well just move them to Buffalo to play in their 16k stadium.

Or they could just do the logical thing, pull an NHL/Winnipeg, and move the Expos back to Montreal.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  Just going by capacity, that would put Omaha in line with getting a team as TD Ameritrade has 24k. Heck, the Rays will never even get close to 26k, so you might as well just move them to Buffalo to play in their 16k stadium.

Or they could just do the logical thing, pull an NHL/Winnipeg, and move the Expos back to Montreal.
                  The Rays get good crowds for basically Boston and Yankees games. Otherwise it's usually pretty empty. Location, stadium quality and did I mention location are major downfalls.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    Oakland Coliseum did it! With sewage in the locker rooms as the tiebreaker!
                    Sewage wins, no doubt.

The Metrodome thing was funny, though. Instead of a tarp going over the top of the seats, they hung it like a curtain from the roof. Managed to sneak behind there a few times. Very weird.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

HOF

Mariano Rivera (unanimous)
                      Edgar Martinez
                      Roy Halladay
                      Mike Mussina
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                        HOF

Edgar Martinez
                        Roy Halladay
                        Mike Mussina
                        Can't really argue with any of these choices. That sucks.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          Can't really argue with any of these choices. That sucks.
                          Nope. No beef whatsoever. But I still find it amazing that Rivera is unanimous while Griffey is not.
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

‘Gar! About GD time!
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              Nope. No beef whatsoever. But I still find it amazing that Rivera is unanimous while Griffey is not.
                              15 fewer total voters now, and less old/inactive writers voting.

Griffey Jr. was 437/440
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                                HOF

Edgar Martinez
                                Roy Halladay
                                Mike Mussina
                                The fact that Mariano is the first unanimous election isn't sitting right with me... Not trying to imply that he doesn't deserve to be there. He absolutely does. I just don't see him in that 1% elite that should be unquestioned elections...

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                This.... Exactly this...

Comment

Working...
                                X