Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SLU Skating Saints Hockey '18-'19

Originally posted by Ivan Lennon View Post
    No doubt, wishing to make SLU return to the above "500" glory years of George Menard and Joe Marsh, you will be willing to facilitate that goal by putting your money where your mouth is and make a sizable contribution at the time of your next alumni reunion?
    Let me know your contribution for fiscal 2019 (ending in June) and I will triple anything you can manage. Like most I realize the financial constraints imposed upon a small D3 liberal arts school, fielding some 32 athletic teams, seeking to compete with deep pocketed Ivies and state schools.
    What does the size of donation have to to with the flawed hiring process?

Comment

Its not Matt!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatcard View Post
        Its not Matt!!
        Brekke or Hauge? I said from the very beginning that they would be foolish not to look at Josh Hauge, atleast. He is a well respected coach and a really good recruiter... one of the better assistants out there.

Comment

Originally posted by CLKHockey View Post
          Brekke or Hauge? I said from the very beginning that they would be foolish not to look at Josh Hauge, atleast. He is a well respected coach and a really good recruiter... one of the better assistants out there.
          Brekke
          Mr. Hoot Owl says, "Scary isn't it ?!? You never know!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by GoldenBear View Post
            Brekke
            I figured. Brent is also a great coach. A proven winner as an assistant. He has coached in 3 Frozen Four's with two different programs, and was awarded the Terry Flanagan Award in 2015 recognizing him as an outstanding assistant coach. If it is true, we wish him all the best luck, and SLU probably got a really good one that went under the radar, much respect.

Now (if true) I would absolutely just love to see his void filled by Mike Hurlbut, what a twist that would be!! Unlikely, but that would be so cool.

Comment

Looks like Brekke

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...awrence-to.php

Comment

• Re: SLU Skating Saints Hockey '18-'19 *MORRIS FIRED*

Ding under on Memorial day wins

This is a great hire. However, The Process took WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY to long. Glad that its over,plus got a great coach.

Comment

Happy for SLU and their fans on this great hire. Hoping he will bring the Saints back to the great, storied program of yesteryear.
                  'Gate fan

Comment

I don't care if he's a "great" hire. What I do care about is whether he'll bring some stability to the program. He's got at least 3 years; then we'll see. First challenge--his assistants.

Comment

So . . .

What did I miss?

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
                        So . . .

What did I miss?
                        Tim,

So good to hear from you. Hope Brekke will get you back into the Laurentian fan base and revive the dormant SLU threads. I do realize SLU has their Facebook page and I do pop over there once in a while. Waiting to hear from Muskieman and Got6 .
                        Last edited by vicb; 05-27-2019, 05:10 PM.
                        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Re: SLU Skating Saints Hockey '18-'19 *MORRIS FIRED*

Originally posted by GoldenBear View Post
                          as apparently white smoke was seen coming out of the chimney.
                          White smoke...

Habemus coach!

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
                            So . . .

What did I miss?
                            Hey stranger. Hope you're well, welcome back!

Comment

• Originally posted by TimU View Post
                              So . . .

What did I miss?
                              Trump won, Morris came and went, Clarkson went to the NCAAs twice (and crashed ok out twice), the St. Louis Blues have never won a Stanley Cup finals game. Hayton transferred to Wisconsin and was never heard from again.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Trump won, Morris came and went, Clarkson went to the NCAAs twice (and crashed ok out twice), the St. Louis Blues have never won a Stanley Cup finals game. Hayton transferred to Wisconsin and was never heard from again.

Great hire. I hope he does well and develops the program to a place where it belongs. Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X