Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: SLU Skating Saints Hockey '18-'19

Re: SLU Skating Saints Hockey '18-'19

So has everybody read the Meloni piece at CHN? Yikes. Maybe I shoulda gone to Clarkson. Shoot me now.
    2008-2009 ECAC Pick the Standings Also-Ran!
    (Make that 2009-2010 as well)
    (2010-2011, decidedly mediocre)
    (2011-2012, embarrassing)
    (2012-2013, proof that Jesus died in vain)
    (2014-2019, hiding in shame)

Quote Originally Posted by apple2k View Post
    So has everybody read the Meloni piece at CHN? Yikes. Maybe I shoulda gone to Clarkson. Shoot me now.

So I did this AM, posted on this site. but it has vanshied... as did someone called carol hill...all gone! Must be because I agreed with the article....Typical SLU cover up....

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatcard View Post
    So I did this AM, posted on this site. but it has vanshied... as did someone called carol hill...all gone! Must be because I agreed with the article....Typical SLU cover up....
    I posted the CHN link and some brief comments. As CAHillPhoto. I can only guess that they deleted any post that contained a link to a “competing“ outlet?

Quote Originally Posted by CAHillPhoto View Post
    I posted the CHN link and some brief comments. As CAHillPhoto. I can only guess that they deleted any post that contained a link to a “competing“ outlet?
    That is a theory. I also have mine that an SLU person deleted it b/c the article was scathing..... HMMM Sound familiar? Sometimes truth hurts! Make SLU Good Again.

Unfortunately, the article in CHN is accurate, and Laing should heed the advice given.
    I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a river and have been skating ever since!

Quote Originally Posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
    Unfortunately, the article in CHN is accurate, and Laing should heed the advice given.
    Interesting article in today's New England Hockey Journal. ... The clock is ticking down...Today is the day!

Eric Lang turned down St. Lawrence
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Lennon View Post
    Just for the factual record: The ff. occurred under Bob as AD: "Franco and Bari" (?) administrative promotion; selection as head coach of Bob's former ***'t Tosh and extension of Carvy's contract.
    No doubt the Charles Appleton II fund will welcome contributions from alums like you to make D3 SLU's hockey coach salary/endowment more competitive w/ deep pocketed exclusively
    D1 programs.
    Per sources Eric turned it down!! Maybe your boy BOB is not as great or Ray or Randy!! Keep drinking KOOL AIDE changes are needed to make the program great again!

Quote Originally Posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    Eric Lang turned down St. Lawrence
    well sh*t
    can't say I am totally shocked
    obsessed fan of Saints Hockey (even when we were awful)
    SLU '79
    hockey photog since the days of pushed Tri-X

I miss Tie Domi

A propane cylinder buried in the dumpster fire...

well sh*t
    I'm surprised if he was willing to interview in the first place. If he'd just rather stay at his alma mater I understand that entirely and it's no reflection on SLU.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

I miss Tie Domi
    well sh*t
    Now they're forced to go hat in hand to whatever runner up is willing to take their call. No way they should've given Laing that kind if time....2 days max. Even money they head into the national coaches mtgs without a coach...or they rush to hire the 2nd fiddler to save face. Either way it's Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    Now they're forced to go hat in hand to whatever runner up is willing to take their call. No way they should've given Laing that kind if time....2 days max. Even money they head into the national coaches mtgs without a coach...or they rush to hire the 2nd fiddler to save face. Either way it's Pathetic.
    Not 2nd Fiddler, it will be Third b/c the guy from Northeastern pulled out. Plus now rumors are Nate is getting job in Ottawa, so If I were KM I'd hold still at Providence! (Nate has NHL in his sites, sorry but Providence job is better than SLU)

I miss Tie Domi
    Not 2nd Fiddler, it will be Third b/c the guy from Northeastern pulled out. Plus now rumors are Nate is getting job in Ottawa, so If I were KM I'd hold still at Providence! (Nate has NHL in his sites, sorry but Providence job is better than SLU)
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    I'm surprised if he was willing to interview in the first place. If he'd just rather stay at his alma mater I understand that entirely and it's no reflection on SLU.
    He got the raise from AIC, didn't he?

I miss Tie Domi
    That would assume that Providence wouldn't go after Rick Bennett who is an alum and former Prov. AC... and was runner up for BU job last year. ..Mayotte's offer might come from Union, not Friars... intrigue !!! None of this good is good news for Saints fans.

SLU seems like they put all their eggs in the Lang basket but there are alot of very competent Assistants out there Mayotte, Keefe even a Riga from QPac would all be good choices. Success in Atlantic doesn't necessarily translate to success in the ECAC; look at Smith at RPI he can't keep recruits and many existing players are leaving. That experiment has been an abject failure.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by AspyDad View Post
    SLU seems like they put all their eggs in the Lang basket but there are alot of very competent Assistants out there Mayotte, Keefe even a Riga from QPac would all be good choices. Success in Atlantic doesn't necessarily translate to success in the ECAC; look at Smith at RPI he can't keep recruits and many existing players are leaving. That experiment has been an abject failure.

I think Smith needs more time at RPI, but that aside, RPI isn't exactly committed to the hockey program right now.

Quote Originally Posted by AspyDad View Post
    Why exactly would Jerry Keefe or Kris Mayotte leave Hockey East schools where they compete for national championships every year, most likely make more money as assistants then the head job will pay at SLU, and most likely are in line for the head jobs at their present schools when the head coaches eventually leave for NHL jobs (which could be sooner then later) - for a place with a D2 budget in the middle of nowhere? You think Carvy would recommend to Mayotte to take the job after some of the bad blood that Carvy as had with the school the last few years...?

I think there may be some realism needed in this coaching search...
    Last edited by chrisP; 04-27-2019 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisP View Post
    Why exactly would Jerry Keefe or Kris Mayotte leave Hockey East schools where they compete for national championships every year, most likely make more money as assistants then the head job will pay at SLU, and most likely are in line for the head jobs at their present schools when the head coaches eventually leave for NHL jobs (which could be sooner then later) - for a place with a D2 budget in the middle of nowhere? You think Carvy would recommend to Mayotte to take the job after some of the bad blood that Carvy as had with the school the last few years...?

I think there may be some realism needed in this coaching search...
    Well put....

Thread Information