Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SLU Skating Saints Hockey '18-'19

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    It is not a failure yet. He still is trying to replace the culture of the previous regime. Losing players happens everywhere these days.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKnX5wci404
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

You also need support from the administration. In the latter days of Mark Morris, Clarkson had Denny Brown as president. Denny's claim to infamy was that he could not see how a D3 school could support a D1 sports program. He and the Head of Student Affairs(title?), but not the AD (fall guy), ran Mark out of town.

Denny was replaced a few years later by Anthony Collins who supports the student-athlete experience of both D1 and D3. After some bumps, Clarkson appears to be headed for a good fit in D1 men's hockey as a mid major. The women, for now, are a powerhouse.

So Larries, you need the president to be 100% behind the hockey programs and is willing to give the $$$ and oompf necessary to make it one of the better mid major hockey programs while keeping the rest of the D3 programs happy.

Good luck.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

https://www.uscho.com/2019/04/30/st-...ns-head-coach/

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatcard View Post
          Well, is it "way more" or how much more? Is it on par with the RT 11 rival coach? (Rumor at $289). Still wondering what the top tier A/C make in HE?
          CCT's IRS 990 form from 2016 -- the most recent one I found -- lists Casey Jones at $246K.
          http://990s.foundationcenter.org/990...201706_990.pdf
          Canton High School '76
          SLU '81
          KSLU game broadcasts '80-'81
          SLU fan '63-infinity

Comment

That it was written in all capital letters is truly INSPIRING ! 😝
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              That it was written in all capital letters is truly INSPIRING ! 😝
              Original post on the Athletics page was definitely not all caps...
              (Not sure this link will work)
              https://www.facebook.com/151828801521057/posts/2145332885503962?s=1111162679&v=i&sfns=mo

Link to SLU Athletics page
              https://m.facebook.com/SaintsAthletics/
              post from AD is close to top
              Last edited by CAHillPhoto; 05-01-2019, 07:36 PM.
              obsessed fan of Saints Hockey (even when we were awful)
              SLU '79
              hockey photog since the days of pushed Tri-X

Comment

Originally posted by SluStatsMan View Post
                CCT's IRS 990 form from 2016 -- the most recent one I found -- lists Casey Jones at $246K.
                https://990s.foundationcenter.org/99...201706_990.pdf
                OK thanks for G2 on TEch. But how much was "way more than 200K" and how much does a Hockey East Assistant/ Associate coach make?

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatcard View Post
                  OK thanks for G2 on TEch. But how much was "way more than 200K" and how much does a Hockey East Assistant/ Associate coach make?
                  Someone mentioned somewhere that Barr at UMass makes ~$140,000. I guess that info is available as it is a public school. Sorry I don't recall where I saw it
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Hey Slappaahs-just noticed that you miss Tie Domi. Fear not--he's been reincarnated as Naz Kadri.

Comment

• Re: SLU Skating Saints Hockey '18-'19

I would guess Wisconsin would be near the top of the range in salaries to staff. FWIW, in 2018, Tony Granato made $538k, Mark Osiecki made $260k, and Mark Strobel made $192k.
                      Originally posted by WiscTJK
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        Someone mentioned somewhere that Barr at UMass makes ~$140,000. I guess that info is available as it is a public school. Sorry I don't recall where I saw it
                        No issue.. I like the info you find. Be tough to attract someone for a $60K raise that is at a successful D1 program, to a HC at a rebuilding stage. I still don't think its a money issue as to why SLU is not attracting "top" applications for the HC opening. (I would also assume ..key word.. barr and staff at UMASS will get healthy bonus and bumps soon)

Hoping to hear soon of rumors of people on campus next week, after being spoken to in Florida this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                          I would guess Wisconsin would be near the top of the range in salaries to staff. FWIW, in 2018, Tony Granato made $538k, Mark Osiecki made $260k, and Mark Strobel made $192k.
                          Holy cow, that's insane. Morris was a total disaster, but even with only 14 wins over the last two seasons, he was way cheaper per win than Granato!
                          Canton High School '76
                          SLU '81
                          KSLU game broadcasts '80-'81
                          SLU fan '63-infinity

Comment

• Originally posted by SluStatsMan View Post
                            Holy cow, that's insane. Morris was a total disaster, but even with only 14 wins over the last two seasons, he was way cheaper per win than Granato!
                            Power 5 school with B1G TV money. Amazing what a lot of cash can do.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              coaches convention is in early May. By Mothers Day

tick tick tick....where is our coach?

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatcard View Post
                                tick tick tick....where is our coach?
                                Coaches convention was May 1-4. If they in fact held interviews there , then you might have some news soon. ...or not. 😝

Comment

Working...
                                X