Utica College Pioneers - 2018-19 Season: Young Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Utica College Pioneers - 2018-19 Season: Young Guns

The standings here at USCHO don't reflect the point rules.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
      The standings here at USCHO don't reflect the point rules.
      Yeah, USCHO is only going to recognize the official NCAA points calculations (ie., the traditional W-L-T being worth 2,0 and 1 points). This is going to confuse a lot of fans who aren't aware of how the UCHC operates. (Did me, too.)

Comment

I believe the MIAC does exactly the same, probably where the UCHC got the idea from. I like it.
        Also, I felt bad for the many unaware folks that left the Aud last night after the 5v5 OT during the break.

Correct league standings are on the UCHC and collegehockeystats sites.

Comment

Originally posted by jcase View Post
          I believe the MIAC does exactly the same, probably where the UCHC got the idea from. I like it.
          Also, I felt bad for the many unaware folks that left the Aud last night after the 5v5 OT during the break.

Correct league standings are on the UCHC and collegehockeystats sites.
          Not a big fan of shootouts, but the 3x3 was a blast. I've only seen it once before, and that one was maybe 1:00 long and due to multiple concurrent penalties. It's been happening a fair amount in the UCHC this year, and I'm all for it as a "2nd OT" type of deal. It's almost inevitable that somebody will score, it seems; only one conference game has gone to a shootout, IIRC.

Comment

UCHC has the same point rules as the Big Ten Hockey Conference (and perhaps others) and the D1 side of USCHO is able to show correct standings and points for them...........
            2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
            2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
            2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
            2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
            2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
            2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
            2009 D-III TOP runner-up
            Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
            1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Nice road-weekend for UC, especially considering they played 10 minutes of the 3rd v. Stevenson on the PK (including nearly 2 minutes of 5x3). The D has been really good of late.

Bad news is that Wilkes won twice, too. Even if they lose at Naz come Saturday, the final RS game at The Aud will decide the top seed. Pack some Tums for that one.

Comment

Fish,

No, Wilkes lost today to Manhattanville, so Utica is one game ahead of Wilkes.
                2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                2009 D-III TOP runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                  Fish,

No, Wilkes lost today to Manhattanville, so Utica is one game ahead of Wilkes.
                  Good catch. The UCHC site showed me something different, but I suppose they had a student working on it at that time. It's been corrected very recently.

Now, it looks fairly good for Utica hosting the conference. Almost a lock, as the King's game should be a shoo-in. That will be a fun weekend in any case, and no Tums need be purchased.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    Good catch. The UCHC site showed me something different, but I suppose they had a student working on it at that time. It's been corrected very recently.

Now, it looks fairly good for Utica hosting the conference. Almost a lock, as the King's game should be a shoo-in. That will be a fun weekend in any case, and no Tums need be purchased.
                    Utica controls its own destiny. Two wins next weekend and they have the #1 seed. However, both teams winning on Friday and a UC loss on Saturday leads to a point tie with Wilkes which remains tied after the first 2 tiebreakers. Someone else will have to determine who wins the 3rd tiebreaker....................................

My money says Wilkes has won its last game of the year, however.
                    2009 D-III TOP runner-up

Comment

Utica controls its own destiny. Two wins next weekend and they have the #1 seed. However, both teams winning on Friday and a UC loss on Saturday leads to a point tie with Wilkes which remains tied after the first 2 tiebreakers. Someone else will have to determine who wins the 3rd tiebreaker....................................

My money says Wilkes has won its last game of the year, however.
                      Yes, on second thought, it's not a mortal lock yet. (Still getting my mind around the curious UCHC point-system, and the inaccurate conference website isn't helping much.)

Comment

After this weekend's games the UCHC standings are:

Utica 38 points with 2 games left; against Kings and Wilkes
                        Wilkes 35 points with 2 games left; at Nazareth and Utica
                        Elmira 35 points with 2 games left; against Stevenson and Chatham
                        Manhattanville 34 points with 1 game left; against Neumann
                        Nazareth 26 points with 2 games left; against Wilkes and Kings
                        Neumann 23 points with 1 game left; at Manhattanville
                        Stevenson 21 points with 2 games left; at Elmira and LVC
                        Lebanon Valley 18 points with 2 games left; against Chatham and Stevenson
                        Chatham 10 points with 2 games left; at LVC and Elmira
                        Kings 3 points with 2 games left; at Utica and Nazareth
                        Last edited by UCBadger; 02-09-2019, 09:21 PM.
                        2009 D-III TOP runner-up

Comment

After this weekend's games the UCHC standings are:

Utica 38 points with 2 games left; against Kings and Wilkes
                          Wilkes 35 points with 2 games left; at Nazareth and Utica
                          Elmira 35 points with 2 games left; against Stevenson and Chatham
                          Manhattanville 34 points with 1 game left; against Neumann
                          Nazareth 26 points with 2 games left; against Wilkes and Kings
                          Neumann 23 points with 1 game left; at Manhattanville
                          Stevenson 21 points with 2 games left; at Elmira and LVC
                          Lebanon Valley 18 points with 2 games left; against Chatham and Stevenson
                          Chatham 10 points with 2 games left; at LVC and Elmira
                          Kings 3 points with 2 games left; at Utica and Nazareth
                          Thanks, Badger. The UCHC website is still behind via the facts, but should Utica win v. King's, there's no possibility of finishing 2nd in the RS. And UC will beat King's

It'll be fun to have the UCHC FF right here at home.

Comment

A UC win over King's Friday (practically a lock) clinches #1 seed regardless of Saturday's result vs. Wilkes.
                            UC holds #3 tiebreaker over Wilkes due to it's better head-to-head record vs. Elmira and Manhattanville (whomever finishes 3rd).
                            Last edited by jcase; 02-10-2019, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Does any one know the dates for the UCHC semi and champion rounds are? UCHC site has February 22nd and 23rd for the semi's, March 1st (Fri) and 2nd (Sat) for the Championship. Pioneers site has Feb 23 (Sat) Feb 24 (Sun) for semi's and Mar 2 (Sat) Mar 3 (Sun) for the championship.

Comment

There is another team playing at the Aud on Friday Feb 22 and Friday March 1, so I might guess the two game series for Utica is Saturday and Sunday.
                                Last edited by UCBadger; 02-10-2019, 03:55 PM.
                                2009 D-III TOP runner-up

Comment

Working...
                                X