Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

It's not paranoia if they're really out to get you! 😜
    Last edited by Scrum Bucket; 11-04-2018, 01:07 PM.

Comment

I ... I guess I have to root for Tech again this year.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

If any of you guys listen to the Spittin' Chicklets Podcast, Johnnie Walker and Tyler Busch of ASU were on this morning talking about the "Brawl in the Mac". I dont want to ruin it for anyone that doesnt already know, but Walker claims he was driving Joe nuts all game and finally drove him over the edge at the end of the game...basically

Its worth a listen if you don't mind the explicit nature of the language.....

https://player.fm/series/spittin-chi...nd-tyler-busch

Go Huskies!!!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Scrum Bucket;6719732]If any of you guys listen to the Spittin' Chicklets Podcast, Johnnie Walker and Tyler Busch of ASU were on this morning talking about the "Brawl in the Mac". I dont want to ruin it for anyone that doesnt already know, but Walker claims he was driving Joe nuts all game and finally drove him over the edge at the end of the game...basically

Its worth a listen if you don't mind the explicit nature of the language.....

https://player.fm/series/spittin-chi...nd-tyler-busch

Give me a Tanner Kero or Reid Sturos over any clowns like these. They're playing to a different audience.

Comment

I hear you. Cocky sons of guns. That said, he IS lighting up the points this year...I wish we had a crack at them this year again....

Comment

Johnny Walker was a fun kid to watch offensively on the Chicago Steel.

He definitely has a little extra swagger about himself at ASU, but he's been backing it up on the scoreboard.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                Johnny Walker was a fun kid to watch offensively on the Chicago Steel.

He definitely has a little extra swagger about himself at ASU, but he's been backing it up on the scoreboard.
                I listened to the podcast. Didn't Walker say one of our assistant coaches recruited him to play at Tech and he turned it down. He made a comment about it during the "tussle" at The Mac.
                MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                  I listened to the podcast. Didn't Walker say one of our assistant coaches recruited him to play at Tech and he turned it down. He made a comment about it during the "tussle" at The Mac.
                  He was referring to playing for Dallas Steward at the Chicago Steel. He said Dallas recruited him there because he was an a hole and now he wants him to behave.

Comment

Do you remember who he took a run at right as the game ended. I remember Jake Jackson was on the ice and I think Gavin Gould was the one run at.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                      Do you remember who he took a run at right as the game ended. I remember Jake Jackson was on the ice and I think Gavin Gould was the one run at.
                      Don't remind me. I thought the whole incident was real ugly. I hope I never see that kind of thing again.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

The one-off jerseys for November 23 have been revealed, featuring the "Copper Country Strong" logo by itself on the front and Thatcher Markham's name on the back. You'll be able to bid on the Tech hockey Facebook page as well as in person at the JMSIA.

http://michigantechhuskies.com/sport...81107-uq61qtfv
                        Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 11-07-2018, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                          The one-off jerseys for November 23 have been revealed, featuring the "Copper Country Strong" logo by itself on the front and Thatcher Markham's name on the back. You'll be able to bid on the Tech hockey Facebook page as well as in person at the JMSIA.

http://michigantechhuskies.com/sport...81107-uq61qtfv
                          Very nice! Well done Tech!
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I'll be curious to see the bidding plan with people bidding at the rink on paper and online via Facebook with a fixed ending time. Having participated in a lot of auctions over the years, and seeing what works well and what doesn't work so well, I see a potential train wreck on the horizon at the JMSIA right around 8:59pm ET on 11/23/18. I hope I'm wrong and it all goes smoothly but I question how they are going to keep everyone in sync at the rink and around the world. I'm glad I'll at least have a chance to win after getting shut out last year, but I hope this doesn't end ugly with frustrated fans.
                            Ryan
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I'm not familiar with bidding on these things, but does it make sense to offer some online and others at the rink?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I think that might be a better option and I've seen other teams use this method. Of course then someone online doesn't get to bid on the player they want, or someone at the game doesn't have Internet, etc. It will never be 100% perfect. I'm sure part of the in-rink bidding is to reward the local fans who come out to support the team rather than just throwing them online and then hypothetically some out of town guy might win several of them and the fans feel they got hosed.
                                Ryan
                                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                                Originally posted by geezer
                                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                                Originally posted by manurespreader
                                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                                X