• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Well done, Techies!

Comment

Good game tonight, took advantage of all teh chances they gave us like we need to. Tomorrow night could be very different, Wisconsin looking for vindication on home ice and I have a feeling the penalties will be called a bit tilted a little bit more their way, not necessarily as a make up for all the calls against them tonight, but because over a weekend things tend to even up.

I will say, after seeing this game and comparing it to the UMD games, UMD is just at another level, their speed, talent, skill etc. is all just a step ahead of either us or Wisconsin, UMD is scary good.
      2005-2006: 7-25-6
      2006-2007: 18-17-5
      2007-2008: 14-20-5
      2008-2009: 6-25-7
      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Nice job Techies. Congrats.

Kudos to Matt, has to feel good to play well in the Kohl Center tonight. Kudos to Fordo too for similar reasons. Happy for the former Badgers, unhappy for the current ones.

See you tomorrow night for revenge!
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Amazing the difference an early bye week can make after a rough start. I expect Wisconsin to come out gunning tomorrow, though. Will need to weather that storm, and keep up the special teams success.

Comment

Really nice win last night guys. Go get 'em tonight and bring your brooms. I like this team (well, at least until Jan...)!

Comment

You know I hated our PK last year and I hate it this year too. It's disgusting! I think we need to pressure the puck more and I think the results, or absolute lack thereof, being maybe the WORST in College Hockey ought to tell the coaches that what we are doing is NOT WORKING!. Jeebus. I'd even be ok with a 75% kill rate which is terrible, but compared to what we have now, it would be great! You have got to be KIDDING ME!
              I think we could take all four of the skaters and stick them in the net and let the other team have a shooting gallery and we would be better off!
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

May have to just play on Friday nights; get your pads on Robbie your up next!

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  You know I hated our PK last year and I hate it this year too. It's disgusting! I think we need to pressure the puck more and I think the results, or absolute lack thereof, being maybe the WORST in College Hockey ought to tell the coaches that what we are doing is NOT WORKING!. Jeebus. I'd even be ok with a 75% kill rate which is terrible, but compared to what we have now, it would be great! You have got to be KIDDING ME!
                  I think we could take all four of the skaters and stick them in the net and let the other team have a shooting gallery and we would be better off!
                  100% with you here.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                    May have to just play on Friday nights; get your pads on Robbie your up next!
                    We're already only playing on Friday nights.

Comment

Just listened to the JSH, almost get the impression that there may be some veterans not making the trip to UAH. He didn't come out and say it directly but I thought he kind of hinted at it. Sounds like he is extremely high on a lot of the Freshman. Couldn't get a feel for who may be in net. If he sticks to his numbers Beydoun should be in for sure since he said all are practicing well. He does not sound happy with some of the returners, can't really tell which ones. Praised Brice on his heart, compete, etc. Hope he makes the trip.

I'm surprised there has not been a peep about Steman? Last year that is all we heard when he wasn't talking about Sturos & Neville, the example that Steman, Misiak and Reitmeier were setting. Is he one of the guys that the coach is unhappy with? Can you leave a "C" home? I doubt that will happen. Just surprised not hearing his name more. I wouldn't be surprised to hear Smith and possibly Jackson staying home. Jackson should be tearing it up right now with his skill but doesn't seem to be doing much. One of the kitty cats maybe?
                      Last edited by rustedblades; 10-29-2018, 02:10 PM.

Comment

I didn't necessarily have to hear it from Joe. It was clear when he kept a lot of upperclassmen in the bottom six for basically the entire weekend.

Joe is trying to make this "his" team, not Mel's.

Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy season.

And boy did that sound weird when he said on Friday night that he and the staff tell the guys that, "There was only one perfect person in this world." Huh, wonder who they think that was.
                        Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 10-29-2018, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          I didn't necessarily have to hear it from Joe. It was clear when he kept a lot of upperclassmen in the bottom six for basically the entire weekend.

And boy did that sound weird when he said on Friday night that he and the staff tell the guys that, "There was only one perfect person in this world." Huh, wonder who they think that was.
                          You have to be very careful bringing religion into a conversation for sure.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Why, Nicklas Lidstrom, of course!

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                              Why, Nicklas Lidstrom, of course!
                              Thanks, I agree.

Comment

Does Joe need to make this his team and not Mel's? It's not like Mel got fired for losing. I would think that's a mistake if that's Joe's mentality.

Listened to the JSH and in my experience coaches that have one way of leading or coaching have a rough go of it compared to the ones that adapt their motivation style and coaching to the players they have. Joe came across as a one way coach that said others aren't responding well to him compared to some of the freshmen that are showing well this early. Joe's going to have to recruit some talented players that don't necessarily respond well to intense/competitive coaching that Joe was talking about.

Comment

Working...
                                X