Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    For any Tech fans that may be making the trip to Bemidji and partaking in Hockey Day Minnesota, here is a link with a lot of useful information for each day. Parking/getting to the area could be a mess, but there are free shuttles available.

https://www.bemidjiyouthhockey.org/p...minnesota-2019
    I haven't read that yet, but I'll be a little upset if I cannot park at my hotel.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I certainly hope they will be doing more patrolling of the hotel lots and towing than normal since I'm guessing they'll be full...all the more reason for us to try to limit the number of vehicles in our group.

The one nice thing I see is that there should be a shuttle between Bar 209 and the outdoor rink running until 12:30 am so we should be able to get downtown and back without driving :P
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
        Most Tech fans know that Bob Olson was the voice of the Huskies for over 30 years from 1970 until 2002, when he was succeeded by Dirk Hembroff who holds the spot today.

Not many remember that for one season in the late 1980s, WMPL lost the radio contract for Michigan Tech athletics. For that one year 97.7FM (then known as Stereo 98) was the flagship station for Huskies hockey, and Norm Koski was the voice of the Huskies. "Mr. Norm" was a longtime fixture in broadcasting, working at both radio station families in the Copper Country and even in the TV6 Sports Department back in the 1960s. He was the authoritative voice of high school sports in the Keweenaw for decades.

"Mr. Norm" left us this week at the age of 80. One of the great ones, he will be missed.
        I’ve been fortunate enough to share a few studios & press boxes with Mr. Norm and lots of good times as well. He was one of a kind! Great memories!
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I thought tonight was our best effort of the year. All around great play. I thought BG outplayed us for two periods and were unlucky not to be ahead. After that I thought Tech played well and BG got tired. Big win for us.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            I thought tonight was our best effort of the year. All around great play. I thought BG outplayed us for two periods and were unlucky not to be ahead. After that I thought Tech played well and BG got tired. Big win for us.
            yep, easily the Huskies best effort all season. Way to rise to the challenge.. Go Huskies!

Comment

Now, to repeat it tomorrow...

Comment

I was watching DU vs Omaha tonight and saw a familiar name in net for the Mavs - Evan Weninger. His bio page says his dad is David Weninger. Anyone know if is is the same David that played net for Tech? Seems like too much of a coincidence not to be the same family. The kid even wears #35.
                https://omavs.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3851
                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                  I was watching DU vs Omaha tonight and saw a familiar name in net for the Mavs - Evan Weninger. His bio page says his dad is David Weninger. Anyone know if is is the same David that played net for Tech? Seems like too much of a coincidence not to be the same family. The kid even wears #35.
                  https://omavs.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3851
                  Yep, it's the kid. His cousin (?) played goalie for SLU several years back when they came to Houghton and swept us in the final year or two of the Russell regime.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Yep, it's the kid.
                    Are you *sure* about this? I'm inclined to believe it's a different David Weninger, based on some internet sleuthing.

Comment

The questionable part to me is Evan Weninger was born 8/11/96 while David Weninger was still in net for Tech (1995-99). I don't recall him having a kid when he was on the team. But maybe another part of the same family? Just caught my eye being a goalie and all. Maybe there is no connection at all.
                      Ryan
                      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        I certainly hope they will be doing more patrolling of the hotel lots and towing than normal since I'm guessing they'll be full...all the more reason for us to try to limit the number of vehicles in our group.

The one nice thing I see is that there should be a shuttle between Bar 209 and the outdoor rink running until 12:30 am so we should be able to get downtown and back without driving :P
                        The shuttle is going to be really nice. After reading about all of the festivities, I'm looking forward to next weekend even more. Should be really fun. I just wish Johnny Holm was Friday night instead of Thursday. Then we'd have ourselves an old fashioned hootenany!!!
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                          Are you *sure* about this? I'm inclined to believe it's a different David Weninger, based on some internet sleuthing.
                          Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                          The questionable part to me is Evan Weninger was born 8/11/96 while David Weninger was still in net for Tech (1995-99). I don't recall him having a kid when he was on the team. But maybe another part of the same family? Just caught my eye being a goalie and all. Maybe there is no connection at all.
                          Ryan
                          Ohh, hmm...

Comment

welp... p_ssed that one away with turnovers and penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                              welp... p_ssed that one away with turnovers and penalties.
                              Well yes but... I think the defense is finally showing signs of progress. I think we are a better team than our record, but if we can just get one more step up we would really dominate some games.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I was at the game. BG was a step ahead all night long. They are a good team. Their goals were greasy but deserved. Tech did well to tie it up but BG didnt let the momentum shift after Tech's 2nd goal. Tech wasn't crisp on their passes which left them with very little time and space. And credit BG for taking away the lanes. A few stupid penalties. I won't be surprised if Watson earned himself a seat in the press box next Friday with the cross checking penalty in the 2nd.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X