Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    Wasn't much of a hit really. Just the stanchion there made it bad. I'm sorry if he got hurt, but i didn't see a penalty.
    There’s a whole twitter thread that disagrees with you. Lots of “easy five” and “CFB”
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I'm sure if it was your guy getting hurt you'd be upset but honestly, he did not blow the guy up. Far from it. Having said that, Tech and the league as a whole, had better make sure all those stantion corners are well padded. That's inexcusable.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        I'm sure if it was your guy getting hurt you'd be upset but honestly, he did not blow the guy up. Far from it. Having said that, Tech and the league as a whole, had better make sure all those stantion corners are well padded. That's inexcusable.
        True, and way overdue. Since the Pacioretty injury several years ago, I can’t believe more hasn’t been done on guarding those.

Comment

so far, the announcers and everyone I know that was at the game did not think it was a 5. It's pretty stinky of the refs, too, in a big game, right near the end, with an iffy play to call the 5. I'm praying the hockey gods can get up home ice.
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

We've had our little runs the last couple of seasons, and I think we were due for the magic dust to wear off.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              We've had our little runs the last couple of seasons, and I think we were due for the magic dust to wear off.
              True, this year we don't have that line that can do what needs to be done when it is needed.

I do think this was their best weekend of hockey by far, even if the results were disappointing.

Comment

Listened to the JSH; I am very optimistic regarding the future of MTU hockey! First time in a while that I have heard this much positive from Coach Shawhan. Sounds like some of the young guys are buying in to his philosophies and systems. Granted they have a ways to go and I am still anticipating a tough playoff run but it sounds like the young guys are making the strides necessary to continue the success of MTU hockey.
                Very disappointing to hear that Brice is out for the season. He was making great strides and will be a big loss down the stretch.
                I am shocked to hear so much negative still regarding the upper class men? Has the whole group fallen out of the coaches favor? Based on some of the recent roster moves and the production of previously successful guys (i.e. Gould, Smith, Jackson, Steman, etc.) I'm wondering if all of these guys are bucking the system? I think without these guys on board, despite the buy in of the young guys, this team is destined for a short playoff run. Coach Shawhan sounds like he is willing to forego the short term results for the future of the program by not letting the upper class men get by on what he considers entitlement.
                There is still time to turn things around with the leaders but that window is going to close quickly over the next couple of weeks; let's hope they can pull together as a team like the team did last year and make a long playoff run, win another WCHA Championship and make their 3rd consecutive NCAA appearance!

Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                  . Coach Shawhan sounds like he is willing to forego the short term results for the future of the program by not letting the upper class men get by on what he considers entitlement.
                  Every time I hear Joe talk, I get the feeling that he will always sacrifice a small quick gain for long-term improvement and continued success.

I think he has enough talent in this group of guys that success isn't that far away.

No matter how much talent you have, or what the system is, a team will not succeed without the coaching staff and players all buying into that system.

I like this team!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Listened to the JSH and got me thinking. Does anyone think we will see some "upperclassmen" leave the program early this off season? It sounded if they don't buy in, they are going to be replaced in the line-up. Anyone think the transfer portal is going to change things?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                      Listened to the JSH and got me thinking. Does anyone think we will see some "upperclassmen" leave the program early this off season? It sounded if they don't buy in, they are going to be replaced in the line-up. Anyone think the transfer portal is going to change things?
                      Yes, I think it's quite possible. Seems like there are a few guys who are playing like they are ready to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Yes, I think it's quite possible. Seems like there are a few guys who are playing like they are ready to move on.
                        If in their mind they have moved on, I hope their body follows sooner than later. Nothing good comes from having guys like that in the dressing room.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                          If in their mind they have moved on, I hope their body follows sooner than later. Nothing good comes from having guys like that in the dressing room.

I'm curious who the ones are that have checked out. Gould was out a couple games not to long ago and Smith most recently. Both are down in scoring but have the potential to still be very good players. It is very often just a lack of confidence that causes a slump and sticking with them rather than giving up on them could be important down the stretch. Look at Lesperance last year, went through a terrible slump but he finished strong and is now the leading goal scorer in the 2nd best pro league in the world.
                          These guys have the ability to do it, as do Jackson, Steman, etc. Coach them up, build their confidence and they will lead the way.

Go Huskies! I like all of this team!
                          Last edited by rustedblades; 02-12-2019, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                            I'm curious who the ones are that have checked out. Gould was out a couple games not to long ago and Smith most recently. Both are down in scoring but have the potential to still be very good players. It is very often just a lack of confidence that causes a slump and sticking with them rather than giving up on them could be important down the stretch. Look at Lesperance last year, went through a terrible slump but he finished strong and is now the leading goal scorer in the 2nd best pro league in the world.
                            These guys have the ability to do it, as do Jackson, Steman, etc. Coach them up, build their confidence and they will lead the way.

Go Huskies! I like all of this team!
                            I'm not saying they aren't talented players. I'm saying if they are checked out and not buying into the system 100% then the team would probably be stronger without them.

Comment

As Vince Lombardi said - Your attitude, good or bad, is contagious.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                                I'm not saying they aren't talented players. I'm saying if they are checked out and not buying into the system 100% then the team would probably be stronger without them.

I wonder how much of the lack-luster play is because of player fit? To my untrained eye it seems like Gould and Lucch need a size/strength guy like Joel, to play off of to be their most effective.

The other thing, how much eligibility would a current Jr have if they transferred or would they be better try their luck at a pro level?

My hope is said players give themselves a good long look in the mirror, swallow their pride or who they think they are and do what the coaches ask of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X