Well, there's our usual UAA hairball.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

We just have to get better. !
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Like Joe said about cats and dogs on the Joe Show last week. You can hope for the offence but you never know if it will come when you call for it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

My take away from this weekend is that games against the bottom 1/4 of the league is where Tech needs to show if they are top team in the WCHA. If you are the top team (or want to be) you need to earn six points every single weekend you play a team in the bottom 1/4 of the conference. Home, road doesn't matter. You need to circle those weekends on the schedule and be determined to come away with nothing less than six points. Points are too precious to drop 2 or 3 here and there throughout the schedule to those teams. You need to earn 100% of those points so that you can afford a loss or two to a top four team and still be in contention for the season championship. When you are dropping points to UAH, UAA, etc there is no way Tech can keep pace with Mankato, BGSU, etc over the course of the season. Gotta beat the teams you should beat... Four out of six points might sound good most weekends, but not against UAA, even on the road.
            Ryan
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
              My take away from this weekend is that games against the bottom 1/4 of the league is where Tech needs to show if they are top team in the WCHA. If you are the top team (or want to be) you need to earn six points every single weekend you play a team in the bottom 1/4 of the conference. Home, road doesn't matter. You need to circle those weekends on the schedule and be determined to come away with nothing less than six points. Points are too precious to drop 2 or 3 here and there throughout the schedule to those teams. You need to earn 100% of those points so that you can afford a loss or two to a top four team and still be in contention for the season championship. When you are dropping points to UAH, UAA, etc there is no way Tech can keep pace with Mankato, BGSU, etc over the course of the season. Gotta beat the teams you should beat... Four out of six points might sound good most weekends, but not against UAA, even on the road.
              Ryan
              BSU did the same thing, dropping nine points, AT HOME no less, to UAA, UAH and Alaska..... Ugh.....

That fourth home ice spot is going to be a dog fight!
              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Great to hear Shawhan express admiration for Trump in a recent coaches show. I figured the pair's taste in hair was the bond, but apparently it's Trump "fighting for what he promised during his campaign," whatever the hell that means.

https://d2o2figo6ddd0g.cloudfront.ne...N012119_SM.mp3

around 48:00
                CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
                  Great to hear Shawhan express admiration for Trump in a recent coaches show. I figured the pair's taste in hair was the bond, but apparently it's Trump "fighting for what he promised during his campaign," whatever the hell that means.

https://d2o2figo6ddd0g.cloudfront.ne...N012119_SM.mp3

around 48:00
                  Little late to the party eh? Already been discussed last week and moved on from ..

Today's JSH is posted. Pretty good show today.

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                    Little late to the party eh? Already been discussed last week and moved on from ..

Today's JSH is posted. Pretty good show today.
                    Chris Dilks tweeted about it today. It's gotten some people's attention including Packy responding about pre-game speech, ripping on Joe. Looks like Packy's deleted it now.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                      Chris Dilks tweeted about it today. It's gotten some people's attention including Packy responding about pre-game speech, ripping on Joe. Looks like Packy's deleted it now.
                      Dilks is a little late to the party then as well. I don't pay attention to Dilks . Another so called hockey expert that if you put him on the ice wouldn't know his arse from the puck...

Packy has had a couple of tweets he's removed now. His immaturity is showing. He should try moving on.

While I don't agree with Coach politically, and think like several others around here that he should stay away from mixing hockey and politics, the last time I checked we still live in a free country.. I don't expect a coach to share my politics, or religion for that matter. What I do expect is that they win or at least get better every game...
                      Last edited by The Troll mtu86; 01-28-2019, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Dilks is a little late to the party then as well. I don't pay attention to Dilks . Another so called hockey expert that if you put him on the ice wouldn't know his arse from the puck...

Packy has had a couple of tweets he's removed now. His immaturity is showing. He should try moving on.

While I don't agree with Coach politically, and think like several others around here that he should stay away from mixing hockey and politics, the last time I checked we still live in a free country.. I don't expect a coach to share my politics, or religion for that matter. What I do expect is that they win or at least get better every game...
                        Amen!

Comment

I don't pay attention to Dilks. Another so called hockey expert that if you put him on the ice wouldn't know his arse from the puck...

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                            BSU did the same thing, dropping nine points, AT HOME no less, to UAA, UAH and Alaska..... Ugh.....

That fourth home ice spot is going to be a dog fight!
                            LSSU with 5 to UAF at home and 2 to UAH at home.

Comment

I learned a long time ago that even if someone who criticizes you is all wet most of the time, you can't afford to discount their criticism. You take what people say, no matter who and no matter how and you evaluate yourself honestly and make efforts to improve. Packy might be a jerk and he might have been way out of line posting that, but that doesn't mean the criticism doesn't have merit in some way. And even if part of it was inaccurate, part of it might be useful.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                I learned a long time ago that even if someone who criticizes you is all wet most of the time, you can't afford to discount their criticism. You take what people say, no matter who and no matter how and you evaluate yourself honestly and make efforts to improve. Packy might be a jerk and he might have been way out of line posting that, but that doesn't mean the criticism doesn't have merit in some way. And even if part of it was inaccurate, part of it might be useful.
                                I disregard comments from people with axes to grind, like Packy has. There's an agenda there, and without knowing more, who knows the level of truth in his words.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X