Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    I have a sickening feeling. Maybe it was all Mel and we are heading back to 30 years of wandering in the wilderness. We are on the bubble of getting home ice for the playoffs.
    I like our team. IMHO we are just young. I never expected this year to be a great year, but I would like to see progress month to month. Just thinking about how people and groups learn, you take two steps forward and one back. This was a back, but it will get better, it's not even close to the wilderness.
    I like the coach and I like the staff. I fully support how they operate. I disagree with RB on that. I don't see them as negative or down on the players, you just have to be truthful and that's what he is. I hope these guys stay around though and don't fall for the allure of signing early. I think that's a mistake on their part.
    I think we have to do a better job of making our strengths, such as our speed, into a weapon.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      I like our team. IMHO we are just young. I never expected this year to be a great year, but I would like to see progress month to month. Just thinking about how people and groups learn, you take two steps forward and one back. This was a back, but it will get better, it's not even close to the wilderness.
      I like the coach and I like the staff. I fully support how they operate. I disagree with RB on that. I don't see them as negative or down on the players, you just have to be truthful and that's what he is. I hope these guys stay around though and don't fall for the allure of signing early. I think that's a mistake on their part.
      I think we have to do a better job of making our strengths, such as our speed, into a weapon.
      Don't get me wrong, I'm all for tough practices, high expectations, trying to make them "harder", attention to detail, proper preparation and everything the coach is asking for but come game time you've got to let them play. If every fault is going to be pointed out on the bench, and I know a lot are, the guys are going to play tight. If you tell them enough times that they suck, they will suck. Top pros pay a lot of money for psychologists to help them keep the coaches out of there head; these guys dont have that luxury. Build there confidence or they are done.This is exactly what happened last season; unfortunately I'm not sure it can be corrected the same way.

Comment

I have a sickening feeling. Maybe it was all Mel...
        Who?
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I have a sickening feeling. Maybe it was all Mel and we are heading back to 30 years of wandering in the wilderness. We are on the bubble of getting home ice for the playoffs.
          Mel is having his own problem with Michigan. They are under .500 in (both) conference and overall.
          MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
          2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Despite the results, what a great weekend of hockey. I think our whole group had a blast spending the weekend in Bemidji. The Hockey Day Minnesota was top notch, and it was really fun getting to watch some hockey in -20F weather, an experience I probably won't get again. The only thing that could have been improved was Tech's performance.

Bemidji has quickly become one of my personal favorite road trips. The people are great, plenty of good food options, great local brewery, well designed arena...
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I'm sorry to bring this up but I don't think Donald Trump is a good example of leadership. He is not one who takes responsibility for his actions as the coach mentioned. Quite the reverse. Now he also mentioned pandering and how pelosi etc were pandering and not leading and how donald was not pandering.
              No that is incorrect coach, donald is pandering also. Now an example of not pandering would be Doug Jones in Alabama. He knows that his position on the wall will mean he is not reelected, yet he is against it anyway. Why, because he feels strongly that it will be ineffective and a waste of money. Yet even though a lot of his constituents are for it, he's standing up for what he believes is right. THAT'S leadership!
              Where' i'm from the donald has been known for years as don the con. There's a reason for that. He's not someone to emulate. Using him as an example IMHO was Extremely questionable.
              Last edited by manurespreader; 01-21-2019, 09:15 AM.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                I'm sorry to bring this up but I don't think Donald Trump is a good example of leadership. He is not one who takes responsibility for his actions as the coach mentioned. Quite the reverse. I'll get off my soapbox now. Maybe you could use Abe Lincoln, but using the donald? Extremely questionable.
                I did cringe a bit at that segment, but in that tiny segment of things, he's right, Trump said he'd build a wall and now he's trying to follow through...its hard not to ignore the parts where he said Mexico would pay for it and thats not happening or the fact that he seemed to wait until he didn't have control of the legislature to do it...but I got the point he was trying to make.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  I'm sorry to bring this up but I don't think Donald Trump is a good example of leadership. He is not one who takes responsibility for his actions as the coach mentioned. Quite the reverse. I'll get off my soapbox now. Maybe you could use Abe Lincoln, but using the donald? Extremely questionable.
                  I agree. IMHO Joe should stay away from politics altogether. Bowman was a better example or use Lombardi as a "hard" guy, but leave politics out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                    I agree. IMHO Joe should stay away from politics altogether. Bowman was a better example or use Lombardi as a "hard" guy, but leave politics out.

He should used Churchill as an example. Churchill will always and forever be awesome.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Despite the results, what a great weekend of hockey. I think our whole group had a blast spending the weekend in Bemidji. The Hockey Day Minnesota was top notch, and it was really fun getting to watch some hockey in -20F weather, an experience I probably won't get again. The only thing that could have been improved was Tech's performance.

Bemidji has quickly become one of my personal favorite road trips. The people are great, plenty of good food options, great local brewery, well designed arena...
                      Agree, that was a good time, except for Friday OT and all of Saturday night at the arena...
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                        Sometimes a player needs a hug. Sometimes he needs a foot in his backside. Unless you’re at all the practices and in the room, you don’t actually know what approach he is taking with whom. Expressing dissatisfaction with a loss is not a bad thing. Looks like they won a league championship last year with his approach.
                        Packy Munson won the championship for them last year.
                        "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          Agree, that was a good time, except for Friday OT and all of Saturday night at the arena...
                          Glad you enjoyed your trip to Bemidji, for the most part, and were able to take in HDM 2019. I know I enjoyed my one trip to Houghton a few years back and would love to make the trip again.
                          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                            Glad you enjoyed your trip to Bemidji, for the most part, and were able to take in HDM 2019. I know I enjoyed my one trip to Houghton a few years back and would love to make the trip again.
                            C'mon up in a few weeks to watch the Beavers in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                              C'mon up in a few weeks to watch the Beavers in the playoffs.

Once my son gets a few years older (eight right now), I think I would like to get him up to Houghton and experience the arena and the town. A nice father-son trip, maybe!
                              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

I don't think Joe should have used Trump as an example. He is spot on with what he said, but he'd be better off to stay away from politics. Too many hurt feelers out there....

Comment

Working...
                                X