Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

I watched the first period. Video quality was pretty good, other than being a bit darker than usual.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      I watched the first period. Video quality was pretty good, other than being a bit darker than usual.
      Temp Bemidji -13° Fairbanks -4°
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Well that wasn't a great result. I thought Tech was the better team offensively but Bemidji was better defensively.They tied us up in front a lot better than we did to them. I thought Tech's pk was not all that good and we just could not get the puck out of our end, we'd get control and turn it over. That has been a continuing problem. Also the pp was a lot of passing around the perimeter and I think Bermidji was very happy not to have to move around much.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
          Don't know about NHL, but Dirk is head and shoulders above other college announcers.
          Frank would like to have a word with you.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I'm wondering if the coaches negativity helps the team at all. He sounds like such a Debbie downer after every loss. I understand his frustration with the teams progress at times but constantly beating them down cant help. Also sitting out the likes of Gould and Smith are mind boggling to me. Coach em up, Coach!
            I hate to say this but the guys that have the mental toughness of Navy Seals are most likely in Seal Training, Ranger Training or already in the NHL. Be positive, have some fun, it will make a world of difference!

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              Frank is an out of work photographer
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                I'm wondering if the coaches negativity helps the team at all. He sounds like such a Debbie downer after every loss. I understand his frustration with the teams progress at times but constantly beating them down cant help. Also sitting out the likes of Gould and Smith are mind boggling to me. Coach em up, Coach!
                I hate to say this but the guys that have the mental toughness of Navy Seals are most likely in Seal Training, Ranger Training or already in the NHL. Be positive, have some fun, it will make a world of difference!
                Sometimes a player needs a hug. Sometimes he needs a foot in his backside. Unless you’re at all the practices and in the room, you don’t actually know what approach he is taking with whom. Expressing dissatisfaction with a loss is not a bad thing. Looks like they won a league championship last year with his approach.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  Frank is an out of work photographer
                  He does radio broadcasts for the Gophs and he is awesome.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    He does radio broadcasts for the Gophs and he is awesome.
                    He's a color analyst which is not a play by play guy.
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      Mazzocco? Met the guy briefly. He's not particularly bad.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Mazzocco? Met the guy briefly. He's not particularly bad.
                        I think the story is old enough now to tell, but we asked him if we could do anything to get back at FSN after they let him go, and he replied, "Throw a molotov cocktail at the building."

Comment

Well i'm sure Bemidji is happy, but if this is what we have for a team, I despair of the rest of the year. . I thought the pp was lousy and I thought the PK was lousy too. i mean we got beat in every facet of the game. We had 18 total shots and many of them were from 60 feet away.
                          I don't understand why we keep doing the same thing on the pk and expect some sort of different result. The other team both last week and this week gets a guy who stands unobstructed in front, and then we are surprised when he scores?! Seriously?
                          Bemidji is not some fantastic juggernaut team. They are pretty average but we sure made them look good.
                          Last edited by manurespreader; 01-19-2019, 10:05 PM.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Got a chance to see future Husky Grant Docter playing Saturday morning. I braved one more period of outdoor hockey to snap a few photos and got to see Grant put one in the back of the net from the blue line, bar down. The temp was actually colder than the Tech game but the sun made it feel a little warmer.

Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 01-19-2019, 10:56 PM.
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              Well i'm sure Bemidji is happy, but if this is what we have for a team, I despair of the rest of the year. . I thought the pp was lousy and I thought the PK was lousy too. i mean we got beat in every facet of the game. We had 18 total shots and many of them were from 60 feet away.
                              I don't understand why we keep doing the same thing on the pk and expect some sort of different result. The other team both last week and this week gets a guy who stands unobstructed in front, and then we are surprised when he scores?! Seriously?
                              Bemidji is not some fantastic juggernaut team. They are pretty average but we sure made them look good.
                              No confidence! Beat down! Coach em up!

Comment

I have a sickening feeling. Maybe it was all Mel and we are heading back to 30 years of wandering in the wilderness. We are on the bubble of getting home ice for the playoffs.
                                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Working...
                                X