Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
    Yes, he is a Hockey East slappy, but you haven't been paying attention. He changed his opinion of Tech after the ND game. His cohost is the one who's got the better all around hockey knowledge.

I didn't say listen to every podcast as I know New Englanders are an acquired taste. That is why I gave the moment when they started talking about Tech to avoid the BC/BU discussion.

CHT has a good podcast too. It is much more matter of fact.
    ....like, I guess we're just, like, WCHA good, not just like, regular good.....

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Joe Shawhan Hour today was humorous. A dig at Northern. Good show.

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
        Joe Shawhan Hour today was humorous. A dig at Northern. Good show.
        yes good comment and I liked this as well

Last edited by giwan; 12-10-2018, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
          ....like, I guess we're just, like, WCHA good, not just like, regular good.....
          I think they call it pretty fair and they made a good point that Tech's penalty kill of like 77% isn't good. After meeting coach Joe I can tell how he is a good coach and how he gets his players to play motivated. That doesn't come across at all when you listen to him post-game and on the radio (which Joe and Ryan didn't see).
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            I think they call it pretty fair and they made a good point that Tech's penalty kill of like 77% isn't good. After meeting coach Joe I can tell how he is a good coach and how he gets his players to play motivated. That doesn't come across at all when you listen to him post-game and on the radio (which Joe and Ryan didn't see).
            Joe is not the best on the radio/tv, but you're right. In the room or talking one on one...he's a great guy and you want to play/win for him.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I loved the story about the Junior goalie who scored an empty netter against his team in the Soo.....run 'em!!! LOL!!

Comment

The Chargers rank near the bottom in the NCAA in the following categories:

60th in goals per game with 1.25
                59th in shots against per game at 36.43 (only St. Lawrence is worse at 40.06)
                59th in power play % at 8.1 (only Brown is worse at 6.1)
                58th in goals scored with 20 (UAA 16, Colgate 19)
                58th in shot percentage at 5.9 (Colgate 4.3, UAA 5.2)
                58th in faceoff percentage at 44.2 (Wisconsin 41.3)
                57th in shots against at 583 (St. Law 641, Niagara 610, UAF 584)

Want a good reason? They're small.

60th in average height at 5'10.8"
                59th in average weight at 178.6 (NMU 177.7)

Best stat of the bunch? UAH has scored 20 total goals as a team so far. With 6 goals and 13 assists, Jake Lucchini has figured in 19 all by himself.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                  The Chargers rank near the bottom in the NCAA in the following categories:

60th in goals per game with 1.25
                  59th in shots against per game at 36.43 (only St. Lawrence is worse at 40.06)
                  59th in power play % at 8.1 (only Brown is worse at 6.1)
                  58th in goals scored with 20 (UAA 16, Colgate 19)
                  58th in shot percentage at 5.9 (Colgate 4.3, UAA 5.2)
                  58th in faceoff percentage at 44.2 (Wisconsin 41.3)
                  57th in shots against at 583 (St. Law 641, Niagara 610, UAF 584)

Want a good reason? They're small.

60th in average height at 5'10.8"
                  59th in average weight at 178.6 (NMU 177.7)

Best stat of the bunch? UAH has scored 20 total goals as a team so far. With 6 goals and 13 assists, Jake Lucchini has figured in 19 all by himself.
                  Corbett and Morgan made a bet that you could win at this level by going with smaller players, which was a reversal of what UAH was doing (getting 6'+ guys who had sense but slower hands and feet). I would say that this bet hasn't paid off like was hoped.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    Corbett and Morgan made a bet that you could win at this level by going with smaller players, which was a reversal of what UAH was doing (getting 6'+ guys who had sense but slower hands and feet). I would say that this bet hasn't paid off like was hoped.

GFM
                    Maybe not but we have at least two defensemen under 5 10. so.... I'm sure there were some tight jaws after you beat Bemidji.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Bottom line is you need a good mix of all types and each needs to k bn low what his strengths and weaknesses are and play accordingly within the system.

If I remember correctly, some guy who wasnt too bad at coaching was believed to have said, "I'm not looking for the best players , Craig. I'm looking for the right ones."

https://youtu.be/26mYX7mEepk

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                        Bottom line is you need a good mix of all types and each needs to k bn low what his strengths and weaknesses are and play accordingly within the system.

If I remember correctly, some guy who wasnt too bad at coaching was believed to have said, "I'm not looking for the best players , Craig. I'm looking for the right ones."

https://youtu.be/26mYX7mEepk

Coach Shawhan has made similar statements numerous times.
                        You need a little bit of everything to be successful.

Comment

can we start rolling different lines of refs?
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Always great to eat a big sh** sandwich against a bad team. Blechhhh.

Comment

Those are going to be 3 big points come March!

Comment

Chasing pucks like a Mite team all night. Four guys on the boards, no one available if you do manage to win the puck back. Just basic stuff. Plays right into the hands of a team determined to bore you to death.

You can forget any lingering thoughts of creeping on to the PairWise bubble. That's long gone after that debacle.

Comment

Working...
                                X