Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

I personally do not see Gould and Luch causing any problems, coach so much as said Luch is such a caring person. They have had it harder being the Captains and the disciplinary portion of the role, but do not doubt the greatness of these two guys. I would take one every recruiting year if they could have their abilities.
    Alex Smith is a sneaky good player. He is not overly physical and somtimes appears to be coasting, but he has been very effective, just need to find the chemistry.
    We need all 3 for the playoffs. Hope it all works out as Smith and Gould have another year.

Comment

Well if I was coach, I would be grooming those frosh right now to be future leaders on this team and I wouldn't be surprised to see one or more of them wearing captain's letters next year. They are a huge class and if they stick together, can you imagine the team that could be possible when they are seniors? Almost two full lines of four-year players... experienced, more physically developed, seasoned WCHA players. I don't think it was by accident that all the GLI shootout participants were frosh. I thought that was a smart move by the coach. Let the frosh start getting exposure to those pressure moments and show the upper classmen nothing is a given, opportunities must be earned. I see the potential for Union or Providence type team a few years down the road. Not the most talented teams in D-I hockey, but a team full of 22-24 year-olds an be a formidable opponent on the ice as those teams proved on their championship runs. I think there is still plenty of opportunity to have Tech secure home ice for the first round of the WCHA and then we'll see what happens from there.

Ryan
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
        I don't think it was by accident that all the GLI shootout participants were frosh. I thought that was a smart move by the coach. Let the frosh start getting exposure to those pressure moments and show the upper classmen nothing is a given, opportunities must be earned.
        Not to mention the fresh have been key players on the PP since early in the season.

I like this team.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I think the year to watch out for is their junior year when you could have Misiak wearing a C.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            I think the year to watch out for is their junior year when you could have Misiak wearing a C.
            If you project out what the team will look like that year, it looks very promising. Obviously, there are a bunch of variables, with whether players actually make it to campus, do they all stay, etc. so this is a reach of a projection. Also, it is impossible to put actual lines down, so that is not what I'm trying to do, it just happens that that format is easy to use. I don't know which players are centers, wings, etc. so the names surely can move around. (basing this off of the THG recruiting grid)

Forwards:
            Bliss (JR) - Broetzman (JR) - Williamson (SO)
            Parrottino (JR) - Reitmeyer (SR) - Halonen (JR)
            Pietila (SO) - Saretsky (SO) - Misiak (SR)
            Nardella (SO) - Bellant (JR) - Polglaze (JR)
            Crespi (FR)
            Russell (SR)
            Noble (JR)
            Mitchell (FR)
            Stauber (FR)
            Temple (FR)

Defenseman:
            Donohue (SR) - Rockwell (SR)
            Meek (SR) - Swoyer (JR)
            Docter (FR) - Watson (SR)
            Gotz (JR)
            Buckley (JR)
            Watson (SO)

Goaltenders:
            Beydoun (SR)
            Pietila (SO)
            TBD (FR)

That is an old, experienced, and pretty highly skilled team, if it comes to fruition.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Watching yesterdays Wings game vs Ottawa game, the Wings were able to use superior speed on the power play to punish the Senators, Especially coming across the blue line. I'm hoping we can do some of those same things.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I better not start hearing "the coach has lost the team", like with Jamie Russell.
                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                  I better not start hearing "the coach has lost the team", like with Jamie Russell.
                  I don't think that is the case. It think last year was the end of the honeymoon for the coaching transition. Now the message is "Get on board with our current style of play or someone who is on board is taking your ice time." You might have been recruited to play Merv's game but unfortunately for you, he quit, so now we're gonna do things Joe's way.
                  Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

^^^ YES! ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                      ^^^ YES! ^^^

quoting usually helps make this kind of comment make more sense since some of us have most recent post at top, not to mention I'm not sure you're commenting on huskyfan or johnsonsjerseys
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                        I don't think that is the case. It think last year was the end of the honeymoon for the coaching transition. Now the message is "Get on board with our current style of play or someone who is on board is taking your ice time." You might have been recruited to play Merv's game but unfortunately for you, he quit, so now we're gonna do things Joe's way.
                        Sorry, it was easier to reply quickly at the red light!

Comment

I don't think the coach has lost the team. I do think he has lost a few key players though. Players that I feel are essential to a successful run in the playoffs. I'm a firm believer in figuring out how to work with what you've got, figure out what motivates each individual player and motivate them by whatever means necessary. Motivation may be as simple as staying out of their grill and just letting them play. Square pegs never fit in round holes, make some square holes for your square pegs until you acquire the round ones. Guys that have been successful for 2 or 3 years don't just become unsuccessful without something changing. As I have said before, maybe this coach does not have the ability to figure out what makes each guy tick and get them ticking. He knows one way and if they can't conform they are done. May work eventually but to me it's a hard way to go. I can guarantee you a lot of top NCAA Division 1 and top pro players are whiners, complainers, Pre-Madonnas, etc. but their coaches figure out how to get the most out of them because it is necessary to be successful. Coach um up!

Go Huskies

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                            I don't think the coach has lost the team. I do think he has lost a few key players though. Players that I feel are essential to a successful run in the playoffs. I'm a firm believer in figuring out how to work with what you've got, figure out what motivates each individual player and motivate them by whatever means necessary. Motivation may be as simple as staying out of their grill and just letting them play. Square pegs never fit in round holes, make some square holes for your square pegs until you acquire the round ones. Guys that have been successful for 2 or 3 years don't just become unsuccessful without something changing. As I have said before, maybe this coach does not have the ability to figure out what makes each guy tick and get them ticking. He knows one way and if they can't conform they are done. May work eventually but to me it's a hard way to go. I can guarantee you a lot of top NCAA Division 1 and top pro players are whiners, complainers, Pre-Madonnas, etc. but their coaches figure out how to get the most out of them because it is necessary to be successful. Coach um up!

Go Huskies
                            I completely disagree. I don't think he has lost anyone and is not in danger of losing anyone. On the contrary, I think he and the staff are doing quite well.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Recent post on top is the only way to go. Anyone doing the opposite must be a communist.

Don't post while driving.

It is "prima donna"
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                                I'm a firm believer in figuring out how to work with what you've got
                                I agree 100% but I also believe the street goes both ways. As JJ posted, it's fine that you were recruited to play in Marv's system, but it's the Joe Show now. A good player (and even more so, a good teammate and leader) will adapt and stay positive with his buy-in of the new system.

Comment

Working...
                                X