Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728

Thread: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

I watched the first period. Video quality was pretty good, other than being a bit darker than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    I watched the first period. Video quality was pretty good, other than being a bit darker than usual.
    Temp Bemidji -13° Fairbanks -4°

Still upright

Well that wasn't a great result. I thought Tech was the better team offensively but Bemidji was better defensively.They tied us up in front a lot better than we did to them. I thought Tech's pk was not all that good and we just could not get the puck out of our end, we'd get control and turn it over. That has been a continuing problem. Also the pp was a lot of passing around the perimeter and I think Bermidji was very happy not to have to move around much.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Quote Originally Posted by huskyfan View Post
    Don't know about NHL, but Dirk is head and shoulders above other college announcers.
    Frank would like to have a word with you.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

I'm wondering if the coaches negativity helps the team at all. He sounds like such a Debbie downer after every loss. I understand his frustration with the teams progress at times but constantly beating them down cant help. Also sitting out the likes of Gould and Smith are mind boggling to me. Coach em up, Coach!
    I hate to say this but the guys that have the mental toughness of Navy Seals are most likely in Seal Training, Ranger Training or already in the NHL. Be positive, have some fun, it will make a world of difference!

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    Frank is an out of work photographer
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Quote Originally Posted by rustedblades View Post
    I'm wondering if the coaches negativity helps the team at all. He sounds like such a Debbie downer after every loss. I understand his frustration with the teams progress at times but constantly beating them down cant help. Also sitting out the likes of Gould and Smith are mind boggling to me. Coach em up, Coach!
    I hate to say this but the guys that have the mental toughness of Navy Seals are most likely in Seal Training, Ranger Training or already in the NHL. Be positive, have some fun, it will make a world of difference!
    Sometimes a player needs a hug. Sometimes he needs a foot in his backside. Unless you’re at all the practices and in the room, you don’t actually know what approach he is taking with whom. Expressing dissatisfaction with a loss is not a bad thing. Looks like they won a league championship last year with his approach.

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Frank is an out of work photographer
    He does radio broadcasts for the Gophs and he is awesome.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Follow me on Twitter: @Biddco Biddco's Avatar
    He does radio broadcasts for the Gophs and he is awesome.
    He's a color analyst which is not a play by play guy.

TDS Index Case FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Mazzocco? Met the guy briefly. He's not particularly bad.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Mazzocco? Met the guy briefly. He's not particularly bad.
    I think the story is old enough now to tell, but we asked him if we could do anything to get back at FSN after they let him go, and he replied, "Throw a molotov cocktail at the building."

Still upright

Well i'm sure Bemidji is happy, but if this is what we have for a team, I despair of the rest of the year. . I thought the pp was lousy and I thought the PK was lousy too. i mean we got beat in every facet of the game. We had 18 total shots and many of them were from 60 feet away.
    I don't understand why we keep doing the same thing on the pk and expect some sort of different result. The other team both last week and this week gets a guy who stands unobstructed in front, and then we are surprised when he scores?! Seriously?
    Bemidji is not some fantastic juggernaut team. They are pretty average but we sure made them look good.
    Last edited by manurespreader; Yesterday at 11:05 PM.

Michigan Tech Fan

Got a chance to see future Husky Grant Docter playing Saturday morning. I braved one more period of outdoor hockey to snap a few photos and got to see Grant put one in the back of the net from the blue line, bar down. The temp was actually colder than the Tech game but the sun made it feel a little warmer.

Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; Yesterday at 11:56 PM.
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.

Quote Originally Posted by manurespreader View Post
    Well i'm sure Bemidji is happy, but if this is what we have for a team, I despair of the rest of the year. . I thought the pp was lousy and I thought the PK was lousy too. i mean we got beat in every facet of the game. We had 18 total shots and many of them were from 60 feet away.
    I don't understand why we keep doing the same thing on the pk and expect some sort of different result. The other team both last week and this week gets a guy who stands unobstructed in front, and then we are surprised when he scores?! Seriously?
    Bemidji is not some fantastic juggernaut team. They are pretty average but we sure made them look good.
    No confidence! Beat down! Coach em up!

I have a sickening feeling. Maybe it was all Mel and we are heading back to 30 years of wandering in the wilderness. We are on the bubble of getting home ice for the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Still upright

Quote Originally Posted by huskyfan View Post
    I have a sickening feeling. Maybe it was all Mel and we are heading back to 30 years of wandering in the wilderness. We are on the bubble of getting home ice for the playoffs.
    I like our team. IMHO we are just young. I never expected this year to be a great year, but I would like to see progress month to month. Just thinking about how people and groups learn, you take two steps forward and one back. This was a back, but it will get better, it's not even close to the wilderness.
    I like the coach and I like the staff. I fully support how they operate. I disagree with RB on that. I don't see them as negative or down on the players, you just have to be truthful and that's what he is. I hope these guys stay around though and don't fall for the allure of signing early. I think that's a mistake on their part.
    I think we have to do a better job of making our strengths, such as our speed, into a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by manurespreader View Post
    I like our team. IMHO we are just young. I never expected this year to be a great year, but I would like to see progress month to month. Just thinking about how people and groups learn, you take two steps forward and one back. This was a back, but it will get better, it's not even close to the wilderness.
    I like the coach and I like the staff. I fully support how they operate. I disagree with RB on that. I don't see them as negative or down on the players, you just have to be truthful and that's what he is. I hope these guys stay around though and don't fall for the allure of signing early. I think that's a mistake on their part.
    I think we have to do a better job of making our strengths, such as our speed, into a weapon.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm all for tough practices, high expectations, trying to make them "harder", attention to detail, proper preparation and everything the coach is asking for but come game time you've got to let them play. If every fault is going to be pointed out on the bench, and I know a lot are, the guys are going to play tight. If you tell them enough times that they suck, they will suck. Top pros pay a lot of money for psychologists to help them keep the coaches out of there head; these guys dont have that luxury. Build there confidence or they are done.This is exactly what happened last season; unfortunately I'm not sure it can be corrected the same way.

Thread Information