Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Speaking of Dirk, is it just me or is he better than a lot of NHL radio guys? I sure hope he loves houghton too much to consider moving up.

Comment

Speaking of NHL guys, you can add Tanner Kero back to that list again. The Vancouver Canucks called him up today.

Comment

I put in many hours in the truck driving for work so I listen to a lot of NHL radio broadcasts on XM radio. I may be biased but Dirk is by far my favourite. I think he is a local kid so I wouldn't be surprised if he is content to stay in Houghton. Not sure if he has family ties to the area.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
          Speaking of NHL guys, you can add Tanner Kero back to that list again. The Vancouver Canucks called him up today.
          Nice. Finally something to like about the Canucks.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
            I put in many hours in the truck driving for work so I listen to a lot of NHL radio broadcasts on XM radio. I may be biased but Dirk is by far my favourite. I think he is a local kid so I wouldn't be surprised if he is content to stay in Houghton. Not sure if he has family ties to the area.

Dirk's parents are still in Hancock, and his grandparents were from the Soo. He has two kids going to Hancock, and his wife is local too. He's pretty settled in the Copper Country, so you can plan on enjoying his broadcasts for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Dirk's parents are still in Hancock, and his grandparents were from the Soo. He has two kids going to Hancock, and his wife is local too. He's pretty settled in the Copper Country, so you can plan on enjoying his broadcasts for the foreseeable future.
              Good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                According to the Beaver Radio Network's Coaches' Show from last night, BSU was only allowed one practice on the outdoor rink, which is today (Thursday), for one hour. Tech will also have one hour of practice on the ice.
                I think Coach Shawhan was mostly talking about the advantage of Bemidji staff to be on site and try and get a grasp on how to keep players warm, how the equipment setup would be etc. He said they were going to have to look into what other teams with cold outdoor games had done or what was allowed or what fit on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
                  When it gets too cold it’s possible for the ice to start cracking. I wouldn’t be shocked if they just scrape in between periods.
                  Seems like they have a top notch ice guy on board. I noticed the article said heating or cooling systems so hopefully the ice will be a non-issue.

https://www.bemidjipioneer.com/news/...jis-hockey-day
                  31-0-0

Comment

That is good to hear. On a weird side note, I specifically remember as a mite or squirt playing against a Hembroff when we played in Hancock. I pretty sure it would have been Dirk, but not 100% sure. I remember because they always crushed us and he was one of their better players, grin....

Comment

Coach Shawhan interview from Bemidji leading up to Hockey Day Minnesota.

https://livestream.com/accounts/2744...***&mute=false
                      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Friday nights video should be fine, I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the fsn crew uses Friday as a practice
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          Friday nights video should be fine, I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the fsn crew uses Friday as a practice
                          I would be shocked. They already have a long day ahead on Saturday and that's not a cheap crew. If FSN was doing that they'd want the stream, and since that's not the case the chances are zero. These guys are hockey veterans on that crew, they don't need to shoot a game for practice anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
                            Speaking of Dirk, is it just me or is he better than a lot of NHL radio guys? I sure hope he loves houghton too much to consider moving up.
                            Don't know about NHL, but Dirk is head and shoulders above other college announcers.

When I read that my thought was oh no, I've got to cheer for the Canucks?
                            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                              When I read that my thought was oh no, I've got to cheer for the Canucks?
                              It's funny because no one outside of Vancouver cheers for the Canucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                                I would be shocked. They already have a long day ahead on Saturday and that's not a cheap crew. If FSN was doing that they'd want the stream, and since that's not the case the chances are zero. These guys are hockey veterans on that crew, they don't need to shoot a game for practice anyway.
                                I’m just wondering what kind of facility they have for off ice workers at -10°? For instance, hockey op people who are running the computers and marking the video that need the use of their fingers? Dirk & the Bemidji broadcast crew who will have difficulties operating their equipment in those conditions, even getting it to work. It will be interesting to do how it all works out. Best of luck to all involved.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X