Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
    Makes sense, they are first cousins
    Figured that was a given

Go Huskies!!

Comment

Looks like they've got their Saturday nights figured out!!!!
      I love this team!
      The future is very bright for the Huskies!

Comment

Liking this team more and more all the time

Comment

After all the promised depth at forward to start the season, the offense finally seems to be firing on all cylinders. Time to learn how to close out games, instead of coasting in the third period.

Comment

yup, too bad Jurusik had to lose his shutout on a bad defensive lapse.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              After all the promised depth at forward to start the season, the offense finally seems to be firing on all cylinders. Time to learn how to close out games, instead of coasting in the third period.
              To be fair though, anyone playing with a 6-0 lead is going to naturally let up just a bit. I was curious how it would go as usually the chippiness begins and Bemidji did display their frustration. Other than the facemask, lucky his stick swinging just prior did not make contact.

The team has to feel good, keep it up now with a tough NMU team.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                The team has to feel good, keep it up now with a tough NMU team.
                I think BSU is a stronger team than NMU and they came in having done well against a few top teams in the nation. If this weren't a rivalry game I'd be worried about a letdown getting away from the Mac on Friday.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

It seems to me like after a rough start, NMU has been improving every week in almost all facets, except when it comes to scoring goals. Hopefully we can keep it that way, while potting plenty of our own.

Comment

The knock against Tech to this point would likely be that they have a good conference record, but they haven't played any of the top four yet and their NC record looks awful. As the season rolls along, they'll get their shots at the better teams. All they can do is win the games they have on the schedule and things will take care of themselves in March and April. NMU is honestly in a similar position. Yes, they sit 4th in the conference (two pts out of 7th) but their two best wins are 3-0 vs BSU and 2-0 at BGSU. They couldn't sweep either team. Tech needs to find two "Saturday night" efforts and put together a complete statement weekend with 4-5 goals each night and hold NMU to their usual 2 or 3 goals. If you can't get up for games against NMU...
                    Ryan
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

The knock against Tech is that we haven't really beaten anyone yet. Frankly, outside of Minnesota State, I don't think they're going to get better opportunities against top teams between now and Selection Sunday. The other GLI teams are mediocre at best so far. Bowling Green, while dangerous, has cooled off after a hot start. Same for LSSU.

Comment

The team seems to be all on the same page. I am basing it on the post game interviews with the media. They know what is expected of them from the coaching staff and are playing some good hockey. Need to take it one game at a time and not look too far ahead
                        MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                        2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

That was one concern I had with Joe - especially with the goalies. As long as the players know what the staff expects, and they buy into it, I think this team can make some noise late in the year. Obviously the four games against Mankato will make or break this team getting an at-large bid. Even with their poor OOC record, I think if they win the MacNaughton they will qualify without winning the WCHA tournament. If they don't stub their toe on lower teams and don't go 0-4 vs. MSUM, I like their chances. Having their only two games vs. BGSU in Houghton helps also. I really like how they have been playing at home and if they can keep it going we should be seeing a couple playoff rounds at the Mac. I would love for them to host the final again.

I like this team!

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                            That was one concern I had with Joe - especially with the goalies. As long as the players know what the staff expects, and they buy into it, I think this team can make some noise late in the year. Obviously the four games against Mankato will make or break this team getting an at-large bid. Even with their poor OOC record, I think if they win the MacNaughton they will qualify without winning the WCHA tournament. If they don't stub their toe on lower teams and don't go 0-4 vs. MSUM, I like their chances. Having their only two games vs. BGSU in Houghton helps also. I really like how they have been playing at home and if they can keep it going we should be seeing a couple playoff rounds at the Mac. I would love for them to host the final again.

I like this team!
                            the way he has spoken about goalies this year makes me feel way better. The story how he communicated leavingKwro home from one of the road trips made it sound like the goaltendingis far more planned out week to week than the “its just a number” stuff from last year.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I didn't catch what he said about Kero. Was that the FSU series? What did he say?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Speaking of goalies, it seems Munson landed in the EIHL. Got his first win tonight for Nottingham, in his first start.

Comment

Working...
                                X