Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Did the original 3rd goal get called back for goalie interference? If so, it looks pretty weak on the replay.

Key bounce-back win tonight, need to get it rolling again with UAH next weekend.
    The NMU radio guys said they couldn't tell why the Cats second goal was called back. Would have made it 2-2 at that point. After that, I guess the Cats just decided to play in their defensive zone the rest of the night.
    The way we have been playing, I'll take the split. Keep waiting for us to put two games together in a weekend.
    “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
    – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
    when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Originally posted by devildog View Post
      The NMU radio guys said they couldn't tell why the Cats second goal was called back. Would have made it 2-2 at that point. After that, I guess the Cats just decided to play in their defensive zone the rest of the night.
      The way we have been playing, I'll take the split. Keep waiting for us to put two games together in a weekend.
      It's a shame you don't have a fair broadcaster like Dirk. Obvious the NMU player shoved a Tech player into the Tech goalie before the puck was in the crease

Comment

Glad to see the bounce back, but man what a cluster***** by the refs tonight.
        2005-2006: 7-25-6
        2006-2007: 18-17-5
        2007-2008: 14-20-5
        2008-2009: 6-25-7
        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
          It's a shame you don't have a fair broadcaster like Dirk. Obvious the NMU player shoved a Tech player into the Tech goalie before the puck was in the crease
          Just checked the highlight reel. I wouldn't say it was deliberate, nor much of a push in the first place. He skated in, and lightly bumped into him. My guess is the refs knew they farked up on the first one they called back, so they decided to make it even.

Tech goal called back: https://youtu.be/Uz5If27hWh0?t=95

NMU goal called back: https://youtu.be/Uz5If27hWh0?t=111
          Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 12-08-2018, 11:12 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't say make it even so much as as call it even. Hard to justify allowing eNeMa U's goal after calling Tech's off.

That being said, I think they started off poorly when they only gave 2 on the hit on Gould from behind. Then didn't get any better throughout the game.

Good to get the split but they must play better.

I like this team.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Not to be missed, UAH earned the road split with Bemidji tonight. I know that's a traditional rivalry, but still, we didn't exactly crush the Chargers in Huntsville back in October.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Not to be missed, UAH earned the road split with Bemidji tonight. I know that's a traditional rivalry, but still, we didn't exactly crush the Chargers in Huntsville back in October.
                Hbama has played conference schools tough. LSSU swept them, but both one goal games. BGU had a one goal game with them. Not to be taken lightly.
                “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

This year the first game in Huntsville was a 2-1 win. The 4-1 win on Saturday had two PPG and an ENG with about 10 seconds left. They have played Tech tough in Houghton (anyone remember a 3OT affair a couple years ago?) Not two given Ws by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                    I wouldn't say make it even so much as as call it even. Hard to justify allowing eNeMa U's goal after calling Tech's off.
                    That being said, I think they started off poorly when they only gave 2 on the hit on Gould from behind. Then didn't get any better throughout the game.
                    Good to get the split but they must play better. I like this team.

Agree, both goals could have easily been counted. How long was that first review anyone have a time? If it takes THAT long to go over a review how can it be conclusive to overturn it? Should there be a time limit on reviews? It just kills the momentum of a game.

The hit from behind was a bad call and similar bad call was not made when they played at northern.

I didn't understand the 4-4 situation where Tech seemed to be content just controlling the puck and not really attacking.

Comment

When watching last night's game at the Mac I thought TJ Polglaze's game really stood out. Being a freshman, if he keeps working hard at his game he is going to be a special player at Tech...one to watch out for.
                      MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                      2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Polglaze strikes me as a guy who is going to bring his lunch bucket to the rink each day and just work at every aspect of his game. I'm pretty sure that, and his leadership qualities, are why they recruited him.

Every team needs character guys, and occasionally they turn out to be more than that.
                        Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 12-09-2018, 09:20 PM.

Comment

The second Tech goal Saturday night was a thing of beauty. Top teams score goals like that every week. I could watch that one over and over and over...
                          Ryan
                          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                          Originally posted by geezer
                          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                          Originally posted by manurespreader
                          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            If you think Ryan Lambert is someone who is representative of the outside world, I beg to differ. He's a BU slappy who has dissed Tech every opportunity for years now. I pay zero attention to him. You're better off listening to the College hockey today podcast. With the guy from USA hockey and Brad Schlossmann.
                            Yes, he is a Hockey East slappy, but you haven't been paying attention. He changed his opinion of Tech after the ND game. His cohost is the one who's got the better all around hockey knowledge.

I didn't say listen to every podcast as I know New Englanders are an acquired taste. That is why I gave the moment when they started talking about Tech to avoid the BC/BU discussion.

CHT has a good podcast too. It is much more matter of fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                              Yes, he is a Hockey East slappy, but you haven't been paying attention. He changed his opinion of Tech after the ND game. His cohost is the one who's got the better all around hockey knowledge.

I didn't say listen to every podcast as I know New Englanders are an acquired taste. That is why I gave the moment when they started talking about Tech to avoid the BC/BU discussion.

Ok, I might go over and listen to one of those. Regarding our team, I think unless we can get better against the high pressure forechecks we will have serious problems going forward.. NMU was able to get a lot of turnovers in our end, and some of those should have been converted into scores. I question our ability to win against more offensively talented teams such as Mankato if we continue to do that.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post

Meloni also covered MTU vs ND for the Mining Gazette
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X