Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine '18-'19: Back to the Nationals!

USA 18 Team 3-1 on Maine after two periods. Mundinger in net now. Maine failed to score on a 5-on-3.

Comment

LOL, this is ***** brilliant, I have been looking at it for a few weeks, its a silent protest against the abysmal state of affairs of hockey at Maine. Nice you should keep it as a Football thread for a few more years cuz I really don't have any hope that the program does anything before perhaps 2020-21! LOL!

Comment

What year was it that Red declared hed win a national title? Was win a natty code for lose to the Under 18 team? Goooooood lord. At this point why not let Harisymiak coach hockey too

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
          What year was it that Red declared hed win a national title? Was win a natty code for lose to the Under 18 team? Goooooood lord. At this point why not let Harisymiak coach hockey too
          I guess 5 of those under 18 are committed to BC.
          Has Maine ever played them in their barn?

Either way Maine is a doormat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

At this point of the season, after 14 games not counting last night I figure they would be some where's around 8-6-0 or 9-5-0....but @ 5-7-2 has to come across as a disappointing 1st half of the season....I also figure they would improve from last year and they have not....same old grips: defense is not solid, scoring has no sure fire sniper and as USUAL PENALTY's...I mean they average some where's around 17-18 minutes per game. Can't win hockey like that especially if your in the box. Hockey season is heading into the dumper....and it won't even matter as they will take a back seat as the FOOTBALL TEAM deserves all the credit and support, just too bad that extension contracts will hold back what needs to be done. Oh well next Saturday will be on the way, Maine @ Eastern Washington/2pm/ESPN2.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              I guess 5 of those under 18 are committed to BC.
              Has Maine ever played them in their barn?

Either way Maine is a doormat.

Definitely the first time in Plymouth. The team moved from Ann Arbor a few years ago. Not sure if Maine ever played there.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                Definitely the first time in Plymouth. The team moved from Ann Arbor a few years ago. Not sure if Maine ever played there.
                I thought the whole point of playing the U-18s was to bring those kids to your campus for recruiting purposes. Has Maine given up on ever getting another U-18 player to the point where they don't care about that?

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
                  I thought the whole point of playing the U-18s was to bring those kids to your campus for recruiting purposes. Has Maine given up on ever getting another U-18 player to the point where they don't care about that?
                  I was really scratching my bald head over the reason why Red would spend the money to go there for an exibition game.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                    Tim brought in a couple of those players to the program. Has Gendron?

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                      Well if you count JD Greenway....

Comment

They will play in Orono next season per Gendron on coaches show the other day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                          Who did the undertaker bring in from the USNDTeam? The most recent look to be Ryan Hegarty, Nick Pryor and of course Kelen Corkum. They were all circa 10 years ago.

Comment

And with that most of these players are looking to further there careers and the Program @ Maine is not going to do that...pretty simply...you need to win games/play for something and then and only then will recruits notice Maine on the College Hockey map.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                              Who did the undertaker bring in from the USNDTeam? The most recent look to be Ryan Hegarty, Nick Pryor and of course Kelen Corkum. They were all circa 10 years ago.
                              Seeing as paul bearers been the coach for 5 years now 10 doesnt seem outlandish for timmy recruits

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Not sure why Tim keeps coming up? He ain't walking thru that door nor did any of you want him to 6 years ago. Red isnt the answer, neither was Tim

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X