Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine '18-'19: Back to the Nationals!

Darling placed on waivers. Too bad, he is a great success story, inspiring.
    Last edited by NorthMike; 11-29-2018, 07:34 PM.

Comment

From the front page article on UConn’s new arena:

“But Friday night games against opponents like Merrimack, Maine, Vermont, etc., and most nonconference games that aren’t against a blue-chip opponent would be excellent candidates for moving back to the campus.”

Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post

“But Friday night games against opponents like Merrimack, Maine, Vermont, etc., and most nonconference games that aren’t against a blue-chip opponent would be excellent candidates for moving back to the campus.”

Ouch.
        Don't take it personally. The people writing that were probably in diapers when Maine was competing every year for a National Championship. When was the last time UConn made the Frozen Four? Typical lack of perspective today. If BU and BC continue on their current path, they'll probably say that about us too...

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
          Don't take it personally. The people writing that were probably in diapers when Maine was competing every year for a National Championship. When was the last time UConn made the Frozen Four? Typical lack of perspective today. If BU and BC continue on their current path, they'll probably say that about us too...
          It was the front page of this very website, written by the long time HEA columnist.

Comment

Teams been to the Garden TWICE in 11 years no body in Hockey East thinks theyre a blue chip opponent besides maybe someone at a ticket office looking for any reason to jack up a price

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
              It was the front page of this very website, written by the long time HEA columnist.
              Frankly, don't see why you guys are so baffled by that statement. Maine is undisputedly a lower tier team and fans at UConn and other schools aren't scrambling to see them. Just a fact. UVM is mentioned right there too! Hopefully things will change, but for now, them's just the facts!

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                Frankly, don't see why you guys are so baffled by that statement. Maine is undisputedly a lower tier team and fans at UConn and other schools aren't scrambling to see them. Just a fact. UVM is mentioned right there too! Hopefully things will change, but for now, them's just the facts!
                I don't think anyone is baffled... been here in this mode for at least 6 years now.

Can you tell me if the UVM stream is free for viewing?

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post

Ouch.
                  Email that link to the AD

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                    I don't think anyone is baffled... been here in this mode for at least 6 years now.

Can you tell me if the UVM stream is free for viewing?
                    Yes, it is. That's one thing we have going for us....

Comment

• Going out on a limb here: McGovern gets a start tonight. Anyone agree?

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                        Going out on a limb here: McGovern gets a start tonight. Anyone agree?
                        He should, at least one game this weekend. If he's going to now is the time.

Comment

I know Swayman stunk it up last Friday, but I wouldn't court disaster by starting Mac. (If Maine garners fewer than 2 points this weekend, that's a disaster.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            I know Swayman stunk it up last Friday, but I wouldn't court disaster by starting Mac. (If Maine garners fewer than 2 points this weekend, that's a disaster.)
                            IMHO, Mac has to start SOME time. You can’t just burn out Swayman playing him every game. That’s what we’ve done so far and how’s that going? 4-7-1. That’s how. And it’d probably be worse if we didn’t have Swayman!
                            Fish, I think if you take your note above to it’s logical conclusion, the only way Mac starts is if Sway plays tonight and the Bears win. 2pts. Then Mac starts tomorrow night. Yes? No?
                            Look, the expectations for this ‘18-19 team were high and justifiably so. But so far, as Parcells said, you are what your record says you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                              Swayman is the real deal, he can ONLY do so much before he does have a so called stinker...pretty sad the coaching staff didn't see that taking Swayman out after the second period would be a benefit to him...instead they let it go into the dumper....if Maine goes any where's it will be with #1 in the crease most of the time....but they should go with Swayman Friday and McGovern on Saturday/ no matter what happens on Friday. Bottom line on Swayman, he'll bounce bad the kid has confidence and he won't let last weekend ruin his way of play. Maine needs him....and some help from the d-men and total team defence...as in blocking shots and making the passing lanes difficult. And finally play a tough/gritty game with out the foolish penalty's....[ya right on that last one/ Gendron style during his tenure @ Maine].

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                                IMHO, Mac has to start SOME time. You can’t just burn out Swayman playing him every game. That’s what we’ve done so far and how’s that going? 4-7-1. That’s how. And it’d probably be worse if we didn’t have Swayman!
                                Fish, I think if you take your note above to it’s logical conclusion, the only way Mac starts is if Sway plays tonight and the Bears win. 2pts. Then Mac starts tomorrow night. Yes? No?
                                Look, the expectations for this ‘18-19 team were high and justifiably so. But so far, as Parcells said, you are what your record says you are.
                                Lots of college goalies play every game, or nearly so... But yeah, it makes sense to start Mac tomorrow if Red has already decided that he's going play this weekend.

Maine has to do everything it can to sweep. UVM isn't awful but these games are winnable, even for Maine. Gotta make hay while (if) the sun shines. Therefore, I'd definitely start Sway tonight, and if he plays well, tomorrow too. If he falters, then I'd give Mac a shot, but only then. I've seen Rob too many times to have much confidence in him.

Just my 2 cents. (And nice job with the Parcells quote. Been thinking that to myself for years now. )

Comment

Working...
                                X