X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH 2018-19: Souza The Opportunity

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
    McAdams with cast on right forearm.
    With that knowledge lets hope we can insert Engares in his spot come the next half.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      That’s too bad...and here's hoping Anthony Wyse returns to the line up sooner than later as well. ...hopefully not too severe for the both of them!

Can someone tell me how we played last night? Was not there and can only go by the score. ‘Cats deserve a ton of credit for the weekend! Had to feel good. And Snively65 I did note our jump in the PWR! 36th beats 51st

Here's the highlights; wow, Crookshank...loved his comments in the presser "I live for scoring goals". Agree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIRLfXJdP4A
      It sure felt like a great game. Freshmen goalie probably gave us a much needed opportunity and the "Canadian" line could not have looked better...all night!
      Hickey got a bit more ice and didn't embarrass himself, glad to see him out their. MacKinnon has been good all year but I felt he stepped up this weekend, particularly last night. He play hard, effective and was talking up a storm. Gildon looked really strong in both games
      Sato just fits into what is needed now. Man can he fly. He is getting better with the puck on his stick and that should help his game from either position. Fregona, as Dan noted is finally getting ice time with great linemates. This is our line for now. Vela, Naz and Grasso could not seem to find a great rhythm and therefore didn't find the score sheet. Look at Dans suggested lines and I can only second that motion.
      All in all not pretty, but effective and both goalies keep us in the game and I am very proud of how we have handled the most significant injury session in my memory. Perhaps when no on is just off the charts great they are easier to replace - Cause they sure did.

Comment

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
        With that knowledge lets hope we can insert Engares in his spot come the next half.
        Hey there ATW! Were you at both games? What can you say about one night to the next? Despite BG not playing well...etc...were we better able to being hemmed in our zone? Robinson obviously played well...that one stick save in the highlights oh my!

Without looking at last year the 'Cats last had a 'sweep weekend' over Colgate...if I have that right, and swept 2 other teams last season. UML being one...who was the other (wasn't over a weekend tho) and marked our last win of the second half of 2018 season?
        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Great to see Brian McCloskey behind the Dartmouth bench. (Listed as "Volunteer Assistant Coach".) Can't help but wonder if any discussion might have gone on among the coaching staffs. Did MS know? (Who cares.)

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB View Post
            Great to see Brian McCloskey behind the Dartmouth bench. (Listed as "Volunteer Assistant Coach".) Can't help but wonder if any discussion might have gone on among the coaching staffs. Did MS know? (Who cares.)
            They made big deals on the broadcast BOTH nights about the UNH/David Lassonde connection while conspicuously ignoring McCloskey's presence entirely...
            Live Free or Die!!
            Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by JAB View Post
              Originally posted by Dan View Post
              They made big deals on the broadcast BOTH nights about the UNH/David Lassonde connection while conspicuously ignoring McCloskey's presence entirely...
              Of course Coach Souza would have known. McCloskey was an assistant coach for three of his four years as a player at UNH, and probably had a hand in his recruitment. You don't forget those things, even if your boss wants you to.

Shame on the suck-up toadies on the UNH broadcast for not acknowledging McCloskey's presence. It's small-minded crap like that which defines the *****hat pond scum that is BS35+infinity, UNH's AD-for-life.

sorry JAB - confused which MS you were referring to …
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Olddog View Post
                "Ahhh sounds like words from the north country … has the WIS Estate arisen from the dead"
                Olddog, my long-absent partner-in-crime … wow, it's been too long, mon ami. Welcome back!!!

You always promised you wouldn't be back until Whistlin' Dick rode off into the sunset. We've got lots to catch up on …

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                  McAdams with cast on right forearm.
                  Dagnab it!!! Do these dang coaches do anything with regards to CONDITIONING for these youngsters?? I tell ya, these coaches are so mamby-pamby no wonder these kids are getting hurt!! Now back in my day we didn't have these beer-sellin', soggy pizza-slinging, indoor heated arenas, I tell ya!! No sir-ee, when I played hockey we walked through three feet of snow for two miles uphill both ways to practice outdoors in subzero weather AND WE LOVED IT!! And other than a couple of missing teeth, a bloody nose or black eye once in a while, NO ONE GOT HURT!!! Sheesh, kids have it so soft these days!! What, is the next injury gonna be a broken nail, and is the kid gonna have his entire hand in a cast?? Suck it up!!! Dagnab it, dagnab it, dagnab it.......
                  I'm old, I'm grouchy, GIT OVER IT!!
                  AND GIT OFF MY T-HALL LAWN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                    Nice sentiments!

I was born in Hanover and remember the days when Dartmouth was the Indians and not the BG! Many people do not realize this but the New Hampshire College of Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts, now called the University of New Hampshire, was founded in Hanover 1866 in partnership with Dartmouth College. Dartmouth later kicked out the redneck farm boys and a bill was signed in 1891 to build a college on Ben Thompson's farm in Durham, NH.

It's only fitting that a bitter in-state rivalry has ensued ever since!
                    My great-grandpappy was one of those redneck farm boys!! Dang nancy-boys up in Hanover couldn't hack it then, and they couldn't hack it this weekend!
                    I'm old, I'm grouchy, GIT OVER IT!!
                    AND GIT OFF MY T-HALL LAWN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GrouchyUNHer View Post
                      Dagnab it!!! Do these dang coaches do anything with regards to CONDITIONING for these youngsters?? I tell ya, these coaches are so mamby-pamby no wonder these kids are getting hurt!! Now back in my day we didn't have these beer-sellin', soggy pizza-slinging, indoor heated arenas, I tell ya!! No sir-ee, when I played hockey we walked through three feet of snow for two miles uphill both ways to practice outdoors in subzero weather AND WE LOVED IT!! And other than a couple of missing teeth, a bloody nose or black eye once in a while, NO ONE GOT HURT!!! Sheesh, kids have it so soft these days!! What, is the next injury gonna be a broken nail, and is the kid gonna have his entire hand in a cast?? Suck it up!!! Dagnab it, dagnab it, dagnab it.......

Welcome to the Board, Grouchy. Do you know Jacques "Rabbit" Porriveau?

Someone must be doing something right coaching up the blue line replacements in front of our goaltenders, eh?
                      Last edited by Snively65; 12-09-2018, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrouchyUNHer View Post
                        With Olddog and this grouchy hobo on board now, it's feeling like time to melt us some gol-durned snowflakes!

Comment

Originally posted by JAB View Post
                          McCloskey has been a Volunteer coach at Dartmouth for the past few years. He is the equivalent of our goalie coaches since Lassonde left for Denver. John Rose and Dave Lassonde are the assistant or associate coaches and they do collect a paycheck from Dartmouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                            With Olddog and this grouchy hobo on board now, it's feeling like time to melt us some gol-durned snowflakes!
                            Well Chuck .. I was captured by the evil empire, tortured and am now paralyzed. I had to relocate to a new location like Luke did and have been watching all things good happen 'with the force' Thank God Darth is gone! The dog!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                              Oh my. Guess I'll delete my profile...
                              I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                                Oh my. Guess I'll delete my profile...
                                I had to read that a couple of times before it clicked. Hysterical! I have to say, I get more laughs reading this thread than all of the others combined.

Comment

Working...
                                X