This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you. When you post I immediately scroll to the end. If you could no longer be on google what would you do with your spare time? Which you seem to have plenty of.
    Lol, tell me more about that post and my posting style while simultaneously pretending you don't read my posts. I bet you read it twice...

That post took me 10 minutes and nothing more than the top of my head and a glance at Miami's stats. I wanted to get the stat totals correct. The rest I just knew. Pretty smart, huh?

I'm passionate about college hockey, UNH and Miami, so it was pretty easy to fit into my schedule. Youve wasted a lot more than 10 minutes of your time tonight (I see you stalking the board for my response) - despite your supposed indifference. Here you are waiting with baited breath for more Dan content...

If you want to worry about anyone maximizing their free time, I'd start there before you worry about me and my .2 USCHO posts per day over the last 25 years. To put your mind at ease, It is not difficult or time consuming for me to express myself...

With your confusion to that point, I shudder to imagine how long it took you to come up with 'Seinfeld good'. I hope not too long, because, I mean, that is the stuff people flock to this board for. Terrific insight!

This post actually took longer as I went back and forth after writing the above, on whether or not to even bother. You seem pretty invested in me so I didn't want to leave you hanging, but that axe you're still grinding from a honest question wondering about UNH Football's playoff draw probably just got a lot sharper. Don't worry, I won't ask this year...
    Last edited by Dan; 11-22-2018, 02:05 AM.
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

• Re: UNH 2018-19: Souza The Opportunity

You are crazy!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        ....and Jimmy Howard in net!
        Yup; I prefer the 'Canes as a B's opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          Not the YouTube link I had in mind, chickod. :-)

Meanwhile, Chuck's Dead Wings and my B's are locked in a 2-2 tie, with the B's depleted blue line yielding a goal to NHL villainous assasin Todd Bertuzzi's nephew Tyler for the bad guys in Detroit.
          Don't look now, but the Wings are only a few points behind the B's (and gaining), having won 9 of their last 11. I don't see a Stanley Cup anytime soon before Stevie Y returns and takes the president's role, and would be surprised if they qualified for the playoffs this year. But the early season "Who's leading us now that Zetterberg retired?" dumpster fire seems to have been extinguished. It would be nice if UNH could mirror the DRW bounce-back to hit the new year with some forward momentum.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. All, that is, except for BS35+infinity. Huge chunk of coal for you, little man …
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
            You are crazy!
            You say it like it's a bad thing …

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
              Don't look now, but the Wings are only a few points behind the B's (and gaining), having won 9 of their last 11. I don't see a Stanley Cup anytime soon before Stevie Y returns and takes the president's role, and would be surprised if they qualified for the playoffs this year. But the early season "Who's leading us now that Zetterberg retired?" dumpster fire seems to have been extinguished. It would be nice if UNH could mirror the DRW bounce-back to hit the new year with some forward momentum.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. All, that is, except for BS35+infinity. Huge chunk of coal for you, little man …
              Dead Wings have come back to life essentially since Halloween. Hmm.....

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving everyone, and maybe see some of you at the Whitt tomorrow evening.

Comment

Dan,

Thank you for the scouting report on Miami.

We are ten games into the hockey season. The play of Jackson Pierson has been one of the bright spots. Most hockey players play a full season of junior hockey before moving on to Division I men's college hockey. Pierson only played a couple games with Green Bay in the USHL last season. His adjustment to the college game has been impressive.

The game tonight will be giving some defensemen more playing minutes and increased roles. I believe these players will be up for the challenge. It is always hard to predict these non-conference games. The coaches approach them differently. Do you play your top 18 skaters and number one goalie both games or do you play 22 players and two goalies over the two games?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Dorn View Post
                  Dan,

Thank you for the scouting report on Miami.

We are ten games into the hockey season. The play of Jackson Pierson has been one of the bright spots. Most hockey players play a full season of junior hockey before moving on to Division I men's college hockey. Pierson only played a couple games with Green Bay in the USHL last season. His adjustment to the college game has been impressive.

The game tonight will be giving some defensemen more playing minutes and increased roles. I believe these players will be up for the challenge. It is always hard to predict these non-conference games. The coaches approach them differently. Do you play your top 18 skaters and number one goalie both games or do you play 22 players and two goalies over the two games?
                  You're welcome Ray. Interesting thoughts.

I agree, Pierson has surprised me with his quick adjustment. It's hard to know what to make of guys who don't play much junior hockey, but the skills he exhibited at the prep-level are certainly for real. I was talking with someone about Gildon's WJC chances (which I think are slight based on how I think USAH views him) and realized Pierson is also a '99. I think his chances are even slighter, to nil. but I do wonder if he was on a more offensive and high-profile roster and averaging better than one point per game, instead of just under, if he might deserve a peek for a camp invite at least. I know Cole Guttman at DU is starting to get looks and a lot of that is because of the team success and who he's playing with (Petersen and Lukosevicious) - though Guttman is also certainly very talented in his own right...

All in all, that jump might be too much for Pierson right now. A similar jump/decision was made around Miles Wood, when he made the WJC team and it was a tough tournament for him.

I don't think UNH can realistically expect any sort of at large bid down the stretch, at this point. So I'd be in favor of playing the whole roster this week and trying to build depth and chemistry. Right now for UNH, the hope has to be to get better throughout the year and play your best hockey at the most critical times. That means exploring all your options now...

I'd also like to see the third-year line (or at least two of them) back together. At some point you have to be honest about how much they produced together and how none have been able to find much success on other lines. And UNH needs that production from somewhere...
                  Last edited by Dan; 11-23-2018, 01:35 PM.
                  Live Free or Die!!
                  Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    You're welcome Ray. Interesting thoughts.

I agree, Pierson has surprised me with his quick adjustment. It's hard to know what to make of guys who don't play much junior hockey, but the skills he exhibited at the prep-level are certainly for real. I was talking with someone about Gildon's WJC chances (which I think are slight based on how I think USAH views him) and realized Pierson is also a '99. I think his chances are even slighter, to nil. but I do wonder if he was on a more offensive and high-profile roster and averaging better than one point per game, instead of just under, if he might deserve a peek for a camp invite at least. I know Cole Guttman at DU is starting to get looks and a lot of that is because of the team success and who he's playing with (Petersen and Lukosevicious) - though Guttman is also certainly very talented in his own right...

All in all, that jump might be too much for Pierson right now. A similar jump/decision was made around Miles Wood, when he made the WJC team and it was a tough tournament for him.

I don't think UNH can realistically expect any sort of at large bid down the stretch, at this point. So I'd be in favor of playing the whole roster this week and trying to build depth and chemistry. Right now for UNH, the hope has to be to get better throughout the year and play your best hockey at the most critical times. That means exploring all your options now...

I'd also like to see the third-year line (or at least two of them) back together. At some point you have to be honest about how much they produced together and how none have been able to find much success on other lines. And UNH needs that production from somewhere...
                    I thought that I read here that the Grasso-Blackburn-BvR line was back together again in the last game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      I thought that I read here that the Grasso-Blackburn-BvR line was back together again in the last game?
                      Apparently they were per collegehockeystats. I only saw the third period of that game. Good decision. They need to play better, and be more noticeable, as a line this weekend...
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

Yes, and heck yes.

Comment

Miami line-up...

https://twitter.com/miamioh_hockey/s...512222725?s=21
                          Live Free or Die!!
                          Miami University '03

Comment

Hmmmmm. First PP unit - five forwards. Second unit - three D.
                            Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                              Hmmmmm. First PP unit - five forwards. Second unit - three D.
                              Interring change at least it paid off. Did look good on both power plays so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                Apparently they were per collegehockeystats. I only saw the third period of that game. Good decision. They need to play better, and be more noticeable, as a line this weekend...
                                When was the last time we had our best goal scorer one season become the fourth liner/extra skater/pk guy the next season?

Comment

Working...
                                X