This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
    So much for SOG! But give credit to UNH PK!
    Absolutely and Mike Robinson named number 2 star...
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Re: UNH 2018-19: Souza The Opportunity

The Blackburn and Engaras situations warrant questioning ... assuming of course, anyone even bothers to cover UNH Hockey these days? For those few who still do ... get out there, do your job(s), ask inquisitive questions, and pay no attention to the little guy in the back giving you the hairy eyeball. It's not like he's going to give away your press pass to someone else waiting for it. Like the season ticket waiting list, sadly that's another relic of the past. So get in there and get the job done.

It will be interesting to see if Souza rides with Robinson, or if Taylor gets a reprieve after the last disaster. That could give us all an interesting clue if Souza's going to stray from the "Umile Way", 'cuz you know darned well that if DU was making the call, it would be Robinson for sure.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        Absolutely and Mike Robinson named number 2 star...
        Well deserved number 2 star for Robinson; he had no chance at either of those EAG's. I would be really surprised if he is not in net again tomorrow night. Despite the pitifully low number of SOG for UNH, I thought that the team played well at both ends of the ice the entire night. I really liked what I saw, except the excessive number of penalties, although those should make the anti-SMT fans happy. Souza skated all four lines into the OT, and rotated all three D pairs until Wyse got tossed, after which Dawson did not see as much ice time. Nevertheless, good to see Dawson in the game. Good effort and hustle by all of the freshmen. Would like to see our first three-point weekend in almost a year tomorrow night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          Well deserved number 2 star for Robinson; he had no chance at either of those EAG's. I would be really surprised if he is not in net again tomorrow night. Despite the pitifully low number of SOG for UNH, I thought that the team played well at both ends of the ice the entire night. I really liked what I saw, except the excessive number of penalties, although those should make the anti-SMT fans happy. Souza skated all four lines into the OT, and rotated all three D pairs until Wyse got tossed, after which Dawson did not see as much ice time. Nevertheless, good to see Dawson in the game. Good effort and hustle by all of the freshmen. Would like to see our first three-point weekend in almost a year tomorrow night.
          Looked for ya around the Tsongas but didnt see you! I agree with your sentiments...and would love to beat those Bullldogs I mean Terriers tomorrow night 😉.

Right now...I can’t see Souza playing Taylor tomorrow (nothing personal)....but I hope to see him soon! We’ve gotta put up more than 10 SOG’s and a lot less time on the PK (and kudos to the ‘Cats for a great job killing all those penalties!)

Let’s go ‘Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            Looked for ya around the Tsongas but didnt see you! I agree with your sentiments...and would love to beat those Bullldogs I mean Terriers tomorrow night 😉.

Right now...I can’t see Souza playing Taylor tomorrow (nothing personal)....but I hope to see him soon! We’ve gotta put up more than 10 SOG’s and a lot less time on the PK (and kudos to the ‘Cats for a great job killing all those penalties!)

Let’s go ‘Cats!!
            My fault for not wandering around like Tirone between periods, although I did cruise the perimeter before the kids tried to sing the anthem (cute). If I knew how to CYP (correct your post) on iPhone, I would write chihuahuas to replace bull dogs (yap, yap, yap).

Chuck, how do you suggest we shake down the Cats brain trust for answers on Engaras and Blackburn? Try busting into the Cats locker room during warm ups? Yell through the glass behind the Cats bench? Send Souza a text message? Stand behind Robinson's net with a placard reading in large letters "Wherrrrrre's Blackburn?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              My fault for not wandering around like Tirone between periods, although I did cruise the perimeter before the kids tried to sing the anthem (cute). If I knew how to CYP (correct your post) on iPhone, I would write chihuahuas to replace bull dogs (yap, yap, yap).

Chuck, how do you suggest we shake down the Cats brain trust for answers on Engaras and Blackburn? Try busting into the Cats locker room during warm ups? Yell through the glass behind the Cats bench? Send Souza a text message? Stand behind Robinson's net with a placard reading in large letters "Wherrrrrre's Blackburn?"
              Do you think MS should have called a timeout after the first EAG?
              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

One of the best games we've played in the past few years which is weird to say when we had only 9 SOG through regulation, but it felt like we had it under control. Solid PK. Obviously. The first UML goal was a thing of EA beauty. Robinson might want the 2nd back. He played a great game, should get the start tonight unless a weekend rotation is pre-determined. Overall team defense was solid, frustrating UML. I missed them if they showed replays, but our goals appeared to be nice snipes.

We responded well after the 2nd UML goal and in OT. Coach was obviously coaching after the 2nd goal. Not overly animated, but clearly motivating the team. As Snively noted, everyone skated at any time. Sacco on the PK, for instance.

The national anthem sung by the elementary school kids was fantastic, the crowd loved it. The upside to so many penalties is getting to hear the UML band's version of "Hit the Road, Jack". The Tsongas atmosphere is enjoyable. The fans and especially the students are into it, although there is an element of special needs crack heads in the stands. Love the Fred C. Church chant. "INSURANCE!"
                Last edited by Darius; 11-10-2018, 08:24 AM.
                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                  One of the best games we've played in the past few years which is weird to say when we had only 9 SOG through regulation, but it felt like we had it under control. Solid PK. Obviously. The first UML goal was a thing of EA beauty. Robinson might want the 2nd back. He played a great game, should get the start tonight unless a weekend rotation is pre-determined. Overall team defense was solid, frustrating UML. I missed them if they showed replays, but our goals appeared to be nice snipes.

We responded well after the 2nd UML goal and in OT. Coach was obviously coaching after the 2nd goal. Not overly animated, but clearly motivating the team. As Snively noted, everyone skated at any time. Sacco on the PK, for instance.

The national anthem sung by the elementary school kids was fantastic, the crowd loved it. The upside to so many penalties is getting to hear the UML band's version of "Hit the Road, Jack". The Tsongas atmosphere is enjoyable. The fans and especially the students are into it, although there is an element of special needs crack heads in the stands. Love the Fred C. Church chant. "INSURANCE!"
                  That's good stuff Darius. Thanks
                  UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post

I always enjoy going to the Tsongas...it's a nice arena, good amenities, easy to get to. I agree; thought we played with a lot of intensity for the most part and it seemed sustained throughout. Bummed we couldn't take it home but will take the HE point. BU...going to be an interesting match up. Hopefully the 'Cats can take advantage of their recent struggles. Our goals last night were great! Right in the slot. We had that open much of the night...but so did UML and they fanned fortunately on a few good scoring opps. I thought the ice seemed soft last night...just an observation?

There's good hustle out there; keep it up 'Cats!! Beat BU!

Ps...special needs crack heads in the stands...priceless.

Pss..Coach Souza talks about the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-hSKu4BAM8
                    Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-10-2018, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

….you stole my idea!!! Seriously...well, no one knows (or they aren't sayin') what's going on with these two players not being in the line up. This is stuff the ave fan is not privy to. You have to wonder tho, and, hey I'm all for the best players playing and if that means others sit, so be it. Still...can't help but wonder what's happened to LB as he's been a positive in the lineup. I don't want to undermine any other player; but I am curious. On another note, we've been clamoring for ice time for the younger crowd if they deserve it, so.....let's go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        Coach Souza talks about the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-hSKu4BAM8
                        Uhhhh Snively65… press conferences and interviews offer plenty of opportunities for inquiry, no??

Not that complicated, is it?
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• If I were to guess based on common sense it would be that Blackburn has some injury. Otherwise the personnel moves would be fireable, favoring guys no production. Engaras is not eligible but would prob become eligible unless there is some broader eligibility issue and appeal goin on. You’d think if it was fixed there would be some press note “ineligible for 6 games”. But news would be something, at least pretending they believed the public cared.

….you stole my idea!!! Seriously...well, no one knows (or they aren't sayin') what's going on with these two players not being in the line up. This is stuff the ave fan is not privy to. You have to wonder tho, and, hey I'm all for the best players playing and if that means others sit, so be it. Still...can't help but wonder what's happened to LB as he's been a positive in the lineup. I don't want to undermine any other player; but I am curious. On another note, we've been clamoring for ice time for the younger crowd if they deserve it, so.....let's go 'Cats!!
                          Last edited by NCAA watcher; 11-10-2018, 10:22 AM.
                          The Souza record:
                          15-16 10th place
                          16-17 10th place
                          17-18 11th place
                          18-19 8th place
                          19-20 9th place
                          20-21 10th place
                          21-22 9th place
                          22-23 10th place

Comment

Today’s NY Post. Odds of winning NCAA hockey title
                            UNH 300/1
                            Other storied programs at same odds: Army, RIT, Mercyhurst and Canisius.
                            Other HE teams:
                            Providence 10/1
                            BC 12/1 ?
                            BU 22/1 ?
                            UMass 100/1 ( ?, worth a $2 bet)
                            UML 75/1
                            Northeastern 35/1
                            Maine200/1
                            Favorites:
                            UMD 6/1
                            Notre Dame 17/2
                            St Cloud 9/1
                            Last edited by scoreboard; 11-10-2018, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                              Today’s NY Post. Odds of winning NCAA hockey title
                              UNH 300/1
                              Other storied programs at same odds: Army, RIT, Mercyhurst and Canisius.
                              Other HE teams:
                              Providence 10/1
                              BC 12/1 ?
                              BU 22/1 ?
                              UMass 100/1 ( ?, worth a $2 bet)
                              UML 75/1
                              Northeastern 35/1
                              Maine200/1
                              Favorites:
                              UMD 6/1
                              Notre Dame 17/2
                              St Cloud 9/1
                              The UMass and BC lines are befuddling. Wouldn't touch that BC line with a 1,000 foot pole but would take UMass in a heartbeat.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                                Do you think MS should have called a timeout after the first EAG?
                                Maybe. But, if MS had, and UML scored the equalizer right away anyway, he would not have been able take the TO when he did, which seemed to at least stabilize things at 2-2; we even got a SOG in OT, although it seemed that both teams were content with a tie by then.

I really thought that we played a lot better than our meager 10 SOG would suggest.
                                Last edited by Snively65; 11-10-2018, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X