Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winning

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
    Does ESPN+ get you college lacrosse that are normally on ESPNU? Also what is the cost of ESPN+?
    $5 a month or $50 a year.
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      Does ESPN+ get you college lacrosse that are normally on ESPNU? Also what is the cost of ESPN+?
      Pretty sure it won't. It's definitely a separate add-on that they don't interfering with their own channels. I have seen an exception in the case of MLS games that are on ESPN Deportes, but without any national English broadcast (you'd have to have the cable subscription for the former, but not for the latter).

The price is $5 per month or $50 per year if you pay at once.

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Anyone have any info on Clarkson??

Comment

Originally posted by Crainer View Post
          Todd did a quick preview with some quick facts on both opponents for this weekend

LINK

Comment

Originally posted by Crainer View Post
            #17 Clarkson lost Sheldon Rempal, who I believe just made his NHL debut with the Kings this week, and both guys off their outstanding top D pair from last year's NCAA tournament team. (1-0 loss to Providence) They retain their excellent goal tending in Jake Kielly (1.82 ga / .929 sv%) and still have a some very talented players in the mix, including 2 of the top 3 scorers from last year in Nico Sturm (14-23-37) and Devin Brasseau (11-22-33). A lot of Canadians, some Euro's and a few American's on the roster including Fr Anthony Callin from Middleton via the Mad Caps.

I expect Clarkson to be a little more conservative in their approach then BC and they're going to look to grind it out a little bit more against the more talented and better skating Badgers. Special teams were a factor in last week's losses to PSU, especially Friday as Clarkson gave up 2/3 ppg's and also allowed PSU a shorthanded goal. They have enough talent that if the Badgers go to sleep the puck can definitely go in the wrong net in a hurry. But if the boys play with the same intensity on the forecheck we saw last week and put a lot of pressure on Clarkson D, they should continue to produce good chances and the Badgers should have an excellent opportunity to get away with a win. Shapes up to be a great game.

Edit: Hmm, I started writing this post, then stopped, then came back and finished. In the mean time Todd goes and preempts me by posting a preview. Thanks a lot Todd.
            Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 10-19-2018, 11:25 AM.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
              #17 Clarkson lost Sheldon Rempal, who I believe just made his NHL debut with the Kings this week, and both guys off their outstanding top D pair from last year's NCAA tournament team. (1-0 loss to Providence) They retain their excellent goal tending in Jake Kielly (1.82 ga / .929 sv%) and still have a some very talented players in the mix, including 2 of the top 3 scorers from last year in Nico Sturm (14-23-37) and Devin Brasseau (11-22-33). A lot of Canadians, some Euro's and a few American's on the roster including Fr Anthony Callin from Middleton via the Mad Caps.

I expect Clarkson to be a little more conservative in their approach then BC and they're going to look to grind it out a little bit more against the more talented and better skating Badgers. Special teams were a factor in last week's losses to PSU, especially Friday as Clarkson gave up 2/3 ppg's and also allowed PSU a shorthanded goal. They have enough talent that if the Badgers go to sleep the puck can definitely go in the wrong net in a hurry. But if the boys play with the same intensity on the forecheck we saw last week and put a lot of pressure on Clarkson D, they should continue to produce good chances and the Badgers should have an excellent opportunity to get away with a win. Shapes up to be a great game.

Edit: Hmm, I started writing this post, then stopped, then came back and finished. In the mean time Todd goes and preempts me by posting a preview. Thanks a lot Todd.
              I like coming here and getting all my hockey thoughts and previews from one source. Thanks for the preview.

I wonder if the lines will be the same this weekend? There's been talk of the all Fr 4th line, which is cool, but they are old farts with what, 5 years of Jr hockey experience total, so it's not all that shocking they'd step right in and look solid, one would expect that with all that experience. Now if they were all 18 right out of HS, that would be very impressive.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                I like coming here and getting all my hockey thoughts and previews from one source. Thanks for the preview.

I wonder if the lines will be the same this weekend? There's been talk of the all Fr 4th line, which is cool, but they are old farts with what, 5 years of Jr hockey experience total, so it's not all that shocking they'd step right in and look solid, one would expect that with all that experience. Now if they were all 18 right out of HS, that would be very impressive.
                Looks like the Badger Brain Trust is going with the same lineup for the third game in a row. I already like that. Let's go RED!!!
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Looks like the Badger Brain Trust is going with the same lineup for the third game in a row. I already like that. Let's go RED!!!
                  How's that working out for us.....?

Comment

Also, going to say... go with the mute on the audio for the broadcast for the game if you watch on ESPN+. You'll thank me later.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                      How's that working out for us.....?

Not's so good is it. Apparently the boys didn't hear the opening whistle. Didn't start playing until about 5 to go in the period.

Need to solve Kielly on this PP to start the second and then keep up the pressure. Had some grade A chances but cam up empty. Berry made a couple of big stops to keep this within reach. Bug two periods coming up.
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Power play needs a lot of work...

Comment

Not's so good is it. Apparently the boys didn't hear the opening whistle. Didn't start playing until about 5 to go in the period.

Need to solve Kielly on this PP to start the second and then keep up the pressure. Had some grade A chances but cam up empty. Berry made a couple of big stops to keep this within reach. Bug two periods coming up.
                          Let's call it how it how we see it, they look horrible.

Maybe they can right the ship tonight, but they don't even look like they got off the bus.

Comment

Jack has made about 5 one on none stops now. Mersch line looks good, the other three-- ugly.
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Announcer is awful, but I can’t stand zero noise. Things are getting chippy now.

Comment

You can’t take away a goal if no penalty is called on the play, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X