Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winning

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upperclassmen are failing this team.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Well boys, I've seen enough this year. Another season out of the NCAA tourney. I just gave my tickets to my daughter to use or sell (good luck). Just like 3 years ago, my hockey money is now for NHL games.

Bitter? You bet your ****ing ***. 2 years ago, we were told to "Wait until next year!" Last year we were told to "Wait until next year!" It is now next year and it's worse than last with better players. Hmmmm.

UW will get my money again when they sign D-1 goalies, go to Western Canada for more talent, get a coach who knows how to teach power plays and face offs, etc, etc, etc.

Sorry boys, I'm ****ed off.
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
        Upperclassmen are failing this team.
        Yeah, that thought was crossing my mind as well. I really want Seamus and Johnson to do well, but they just aren't scoring. 12 goals over 42 games played those 2 isn't not going to get it done. Zimmer has fallen off the map, though he's never really got any traction his whole career. Seems to me the 5 best F are 4 Fr and a So.

I think the Hammer will be a good goalie, too bad he got cut or he'd have played today, though Berry was solid, though Perrin on the radio said he's going down too early or shouldn't be at all in some cases and too deep in the crease. Obviously they need long term they need to get a goalie coach, that has to be a priority for next year. I'm sure Brad Winchester is a swell person, but him helping isn't doing the goalies any good.

Whoever is in charge for the 75% PK needs to be fired and I don't care who it is. That is stunningly awful. They would have probably swept this weekend if the PK wasn't horrific. This weekend the PK was 40%. That is beyond a steaming pile of elephant dung.

The faceoff situation is a f-ing joke. That is 100% coaching. Dumb luck should almost get you to 50%. You have to be totally negligent as a coaching staff to be this bad on faceoffs.

As for next year's class masking the inadequacies of the coaching, that may be a legit point. I think it is fair to say that DG >MS by a country mile. Oz hasn't lost it, has he? I don't want to believe that. Even it TG was an average NHL coach, shouldn't an average NHL coach be able to be an upper end college coach? Right now it sure looks like I'd take Steve Rohlik over any of the UW coaches. He's recruiting exciting players and they are winning regularly. It does look like it took Rohlik years 4 to get his program rolling, next year IS TG's 4th year. Maybe it's just going to take that long, but I'll tell you what, you don't need 1st round draft picks to kill penalties effectively and win faceoffs. I'm THIS close to saying blow the whole thing up.
        Last edited by Timothy A; 01-20-2019, 10:24 PM. Reason: faceoffs......
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          What if Caulfield and Turcotte are Kariya/Turris/Suter/Kessel types? 1 and done. Does that mean that in 2 years Wisconsin misses the playoffs again so it’s 6 out of 7 years?
          Seems to me from the comments online that Caufield, Turcotte and Holloway are at minimum 2 yr guys. Physically Tourcotte may be the most physically advanced of the 3, therefore maybe the highest flight risk.

Comment

One other thing that is pizzing me off is the coverage overall of UW sports and the spin machine. It used to be that the radio stations that covered the events were not part of the UW machine, so you could get objective coverage. Now UW is in bed with Learfield and it just makes me sick listening to the coverage guys trying to make a silk purse out of a pig's ***. Great guys Posick and Lepay have sold his souls to the UW.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              One other thing that is pizzing me off is the coverage overall of UW sports and the spin machine. It used to be that the radio stations that covered the events were not part of the UW machine, so you could get objective coverage. Now UW is in bed with Learfield and it just makes me sick listening to the coverage guys trying to make a silk purse out of a pig's ***. Great guys Posick and Lepay have sold his souls to the UW.
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

What do you guys think about Todd Milewski? He's been doing recaps on FB Live for a bit, and I appreciate the insight offered. Very interactive with questions and such provided (live).
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  Seems to me from the comments online that Caufield, Turcotte and Holloway are at minimum 2 yr guys. Physically Tourcotte may be the most physically advanced of the 3, therefore maybe the highest flight risk.
                  Looking at the recruiting tracker, it doesnt look like we have any blue chippers lined up to come in after these guys. At least not at forward, based on the stats I'm seeing. These guys are scoring like 3 goals in 30 games in the USHL.
                  Some are scoring alot of goals in high school... but nothing that "knocks your socks off."

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    What do you guys think about Todd Milewski? He's been doing recaps on FB Live for a bit, and I appreciate the insight offered. Very interactive with questions and such provided (live).
                    I'm wondering when he's going to ask Tony what the problem is. In a non softball type of way.

Comment

Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
                      I'm wondering when he's going to ask Tony what the problem is. In a non softball type of way.
                      Can you expand on that? Are you saying he's not one of the jaded journalists? He's more of a run of the mill? Honest question, I just started listening to his recaps about a month ago.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                        Todd is not employed by the UW, but by WI St Journal, therefore I feel he is objective. He's the one that exposed the face-off debacle. He also has written other stories critical if they should be as a journalist. I like his coverage. I do think it is tough being as beat writer because if you start going down the defcon path, they won't tell you anything, so it's definitely a fine line. You can PM him on twitter questions and he'll look into things or get you an answer on a reasonable question, but on other reasonable questions about injuries or red-shirts on the women's side, Mark Johnson is the Bellicheck of women's hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                          Can you expand on that? Are you saying he's not one of the jaded journalists? He's more of a run of the mill? Honest question, I just started listening to his recaps about a month ago.
                          Either you changed your handle or you have a twin on this site.

Comment

Looking at the recruiting tracker, it doesnt look like we have any blue chippers lined up to come in after these guys. At least not at forward, based on the stats I'm seeing. These guys are scoring like 3 goals in 30 games in the USHL. Some are scoring alot of goals in high school... but nothing that "knocks your socks off."
                            This is FRIGHTENING, I have noticed the same thing. They are racking up all these players, but if they are miss evaluating guys, we are doomed, but that goes for any coach.

Comment

Is Tony going to throw players under the bus? No. Realistically either he has to blame the players for not performing to the way they are taught or he has to blame himself and the coaches. In the post game last night, cutting through all the rah rah crap between Posick and Oz, they both implied the upperclassmen weren't playing the right way when they singled out the freshmen as playing the right way.

At least in the broadcast Perrin said Kalynuk was holding the puck way too long on the pp and he made comments critical of Tischke on the PK and Berry on the game winner, just being matter of fact honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                Either you changed your handle or you have a twin on this site.
                                Changed my handle to coincide with other social media sites.

Comment

Working...
                                X