Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winning

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Getting outshot 36-12 with 10 mins left in the 3rd. There is absolutely no question Denver is superior in every facet.

Seriously it should not take more than 2 years to turn a team around.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      *like*

D.U........
      First year coach...........................check.
      10 freshmen in the line up.................check.
      Punk the Badgers in their own crib (2X)....check.

Another year for WI out of the NCAA........check.

This long, long, long time fan is losing his patience again.......................................CHECK.
      Last edited by MadCityRich; 01-05-2019, 09:38 PM.
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        getting outshot 36-12 with 10 mins left in the 3rd. There is absolutely no question denver is superior in every facet.

**love**

That was a really tough weekend of hockey to watch.
        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Getting outshot 36-12 with 10 mins left in the 3rd. There is absolutely no question Denver is superior in every facet.

We were without our current stud freshman and our forward elite players are coming next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
            We were without our current stud freshman and our forward elite players are coming next year.
            Bull****. Eaves turned a **** team around in 2 seasons. EAVES! Who I was not a fan of.

I stand by my statement. There are only 22-26 guys on a hockey team. 2 years is enough to turn a team around. 3? Job should be done. Now we have to wait a 4th year for some 1 and 2 and dones to save the coaches?

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              *like*

D.U........
              First year coach...........................check.
              10 freshmen in the line up.................check.
              Punk the Badgers in their own crib (2X)....check.

Another year for WI out of the NCAA........check.

This long, long, long time fan is losing his patience again.......................................CHECK.
              Yes, it’s **** tough to watch or listen to. Now after 24 years of mediocrity it’s fair to say Wisconsin is historically an average team with the exception of Bob Johnson’s years and Sauer’s first 10 years.

Comment

Did you listen to the TV broadcast? They said there are rumblings Jerry York and Brad Berry's seats are getting hot because they are not recruiting like they used to and their teams are not as elite as they were previously. Solo is correct. You can ***** and moan all you want. The stupid lopsided classes UW had under Eaves can't get fixed overnight, and they secured the high end talent when they could get it. Not every draft year's class is created equal and as you can tell by the way this year's USNTDP U-18 squad is rolling over college teams like no other U-18 team ever has, this is a great year to secure a lot of talent from that year and that team. The talent has signed NLI's and the staff keeps filling holes with more talent, witness Ty Pelton-Byce replacing Leyh for next year. We're going to have to be patient one more year. They are making strides this year but I agree that next year is the year they have to turn the corner (and will).

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                  We're talking about THIS year, not next year.

One guy doesn't make a ****ing bit of difference. Besides, K`Andre is a D man. Our offense had 16 SOG...16! Miller's not going help that performance.
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Bull****. Eaves turned a **** team around in 2 seasons. EAVES! Who I was not a fan of.

I stand by my statement. There are only 22-26 guys on a hockey team. 2 years is enough to turn a team around. 3? Job should be done. Now we have to wait a 4th year for some 1 and 2 and dones to save the coaches?
                    The forwards on this team aren't very good. Bunch of third liners except Linus. Defense is okay. Goaltending average at best.

I realized today that when I watch this team I expect them to lose. If it's a close game I expect the other team to score the winner. And if they are winning I expect them to blow it.

This team isn't good enough to make a run. Another waste of a season.

Comment

One guy doesn't make a ****ing bit of difference. Besides, K`Andre is a D man. Our offense had 16 SOG...16! Miller's not going help that performance.
                      Uhhhh....he leads the team in points. Defensemen stop other teams' shots and fuel breakouts for their team which lead to shots on goal. Especially first round draft pick defensemen who are away at the World Junior Championships. Wisconsin actually played 5 defensemen most of the game because they didn't trust Peltonen and Bunz so that was likely a factor in the game as well.

I was responding to the comment that 2 years is enough to turn the team around with my recruiting comments in my previous post.
                      Last edited by DPlaya; 01-05-2019, 10:52 PM.

Comment

The game was closer than the 16-40 shots and we carried play the first ten minutes of the game. At that point we were up 2-0 and outshooting then 6-0. But, the last 53 minutes we had 10 shots, they had 40. That's not very good.

We definitely competed at times but Denver really played well this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                          Uhhhh....he leads the team in points. Defensemen stop other teams' shots and fuel breakouts for their team which lead to shots on goal. Especially first round draft pick defensemen who are away at the World Junior Championships. Wisconsin actually played 5 defensemen most of the game because they didn't trust Peltonen and Bunz so that was likely a factor in the game as well.

I was responding to the comment that 2 years is enough to turn the team around with my recruiting comments in my previous post.
                          Yeah Bunz looked tentative at best. He would get the pick and immediately try to dump it into the neutral zone.

Plus no Zirbel again tonight. I just don't get it. I think he adds energy, not that woukd have made the difference but give the guy a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Our best player being gone ALWAYS makes a difference. Imagine you’re favorite NHL team without their #1 dman. It does make a huge difference.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                              Did you listen to the TV broadcast? They said there are rumblings Jerry York and Brad Berry's seats are getting hot because they are not recruiting like they used to and their teams are not as elite as they were previously. Solo is correct. You can ***** and moan all you want. The stupid lopsided classes UW had under Eaves can't get fixed overnight, and they secured the high end talent when they could get it. Not every draft year's class is created equal and as you can tell by the way this year's USNTDP U-18 squad is rolling over college teams like no other U-18 team ever has, this is a great year to secure a lot of talent from that year and that team. The talent has signed NLI's and the staff keeps filling holes with more talent, witness Ty Pelton-Byce replacing Leyh for next year. We're going to have to be patient one more year. They are making strides this year but I agree that next year is the year they have to turn the corner (and will).
                              I think BC, BU, UND are suffering the same recruiting issue that is hurting MN. These teams that used to compete for the best high school seniors are now competing for the best 8th grader to 10th graders and there is no way to know how many will plateau, and how many will accelerate. But if you have a shot at the kid who could be the next Eichel or Vanek in a few years, you don't want to pass. But a lot of these kids just aren't staying at the tops of their classes. And Juniors has taken off so teams which could never compete for top players now can fill their roster with 20 year old freshman who five years earlier no one would have expected had a shot at D1, but they accelerated way better than projected. Look at how many NHL draft misses there are when assessing older kids with a team of trained scouts. And on top of all this, the kids who do pan out want to play starting at 18 in many cases which is pretty young these days for D1 compared to 15 years ago. This evolution of recruiting younger kids at historically top programs combined with a model by other schools to take older kids once you have a better idea of what you've got has led to the parity we see now, where number 4 seeds regularly beat 1's in the Tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                                Our best player being gone ALWAYS makes a difference. Imagine you’re favorite NHL team without their #1 dman. It does make a huge difference.
                                It does make a difference. Miller is the man. But I don't think good teams, if they were missing their best defenseman, would make the excuse that they lost because their best defensemen was out. And the Badgers didn't just lose. They got their asses handed to them for most of the series. Badgers forwards arent good and couldn't make up the difference. No one stepped up. I think Tarek Baker thinks that if he just keeps shooting it really hard into the middle of the goalies chest that one day it will just push the goalie into the net, like in the Mighty Ducks. Same goes for other forwards who seem to think they have a good chance of scoring by shooting it from the far hashmarks when they are on the rush. How many times do bad angle shots like that go in? Um, neverish. There's little playmaking ability at forward. It's rush, dump it in, or if they don't dump it in they take a bad angle shot. For the most part. And anyway the best rushers are Kalynuk and Miller, defensemen.

That being said it looks like the team is playing harder than previously. So that's something.

Comment

Working...
                                X