Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winning

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I have never seen a 5 for grabbing the facemask before. The dude he yanked on tried to remove his head by snapping it off his neck, I thought that could have been 5 or a double minor, it was pretty egregious. Berry did seem mega slow across the crease on that one goal in the 1st period and the 3rd goal was soft, it wasn't even a cookie shot. The penalties really did them in flow-wise as well and losing Baker screwed up 2 lines, so that would make them look disjointed.
    Berry was ok, but Bill Brophy could have been in goal tonight, that wasn't the thing either way. Matt was real solid, so Kudos to him.

Losing Baker so early really screwed up all the lines. Seamus and Achan were double shifting almost the whole game with a few other guys thrown in, guys are chasing on the PK all night, chasing the puck all night because their down 2 early. It's not a recipe for a good looking game anyway. And it wasn't.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      I don't agree at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Well that's hardly surprising.
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        I won’t be Ok with that ever.

In the same time period, Boston College.

20 seasons above .500

17 NCAA appearances and 8 FF appearances. THAT is where Wisconsin hockey should be.
        Agreed!

I just don't know if there is the will to ever take it back to that place again.
        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          Berry was ok, but Bill Brophy could have been in goal tonight, that wasn't the thing either way. Matt was real solid, so Kudos to him.

Losing Baker so early really screwed up all the lines. Seamus and Achan were double shifting almost the whole game with a few other guys thrown in, guys are chasing on the PK all night, chasing the puck all night because their down 2 early. It's not a recipe for a good looking game anyway. And it wasn't.
          Losing one player doesn’t (or shouldn’t) derail a Wisconsin team that SHOULD beat MTU. If that’s all it takes to lose 6-2 to Tech then UW is in dire straights.
          Last edited by solovsfett; 10-26-2018, 11:03 PM.
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
            Agreed!

I just don't know if there is the will to ever take it back to that place again.
            Agreed. It takes a real effort not only with coaches but with the admin as well.
            The admin made the choice we begged of them for years with coaches but now the staff needs to step up and the admin needs to assist them with promoting the **** game.

...football needs 0 promotion. For Christ sake Herbstreit (tOsu alum) said on ESPN he’d advise his kids to play for Chryst. What the hell more promotion do they need?

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              Losing one player doesn’t (or shouldn’t) derail a Wisconsin team that SHOULD be MTU. If that’s all it takes to lose 6-2 to Tech then UW is in dire straights.
              It's hockey. It's a game of momentum and having the puck and wearing the other guy down and making plays on special teams. 5x5 it was a 1-1 game.

They may play awful all year, I have no idea, but it's hardly jumping off a bridge time five games into the season. This wasn't even the biggest B1G loss to a WCHA team on the night.
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

So we got punched... You know the easy solution here? Punch back. Harder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                  It's hockey. It's a game of momentum and having the puck and wearing the other guy down and making plays on special teams. 5x5 it was a 1-1 game.

They may play awful all year, I have no idea, but it's hardly jumping off a bridge time five games into the season. This wasn't even the biggest B1G loss to a WCHA team on the night.
                  I think it’s a game of talent, effort and coaching.

Effort sucked tonight. Coaching? Well, the penalty kill is terrible, the goaltending is suspect and to be honest there are upperclassmen who haven’t improved a bit in the last two years.

3-2, it’s early i know but I don’t have 3-2 expectations after 23 years of mediocrity or even after 5. This team needs to get to the BC level I pointed out earlier. The Bob Johnson level. York proves it still can happen.

If they don’t make the tourney this year, Alvarez should be asking serious questions of Granato and Oz.

And to echo earlier sentiments, i’m also not sold on Strobel. Great player but not sure about him as an assistant yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    I think it’s a game of talent, effort and coaching.

Effort sucked tonight. Coaching? Well, the penalty kill is terrible, the goaltending is suspect and to be honest there are upperclassmen who haven’t improved a bit in the last two years.

3-2, it’s early i know but I don’t have 3-2 expectations after 23 years of mediocrity or even after 5. This team needs to get to the BC level I pointed out earlier. The Bob Johnson level. York proves it still can happen.

If they don’t make the tourney this year, Alvarez should be asking serious questions of Granato and Oz.

And to echo earlier sentiments, i’m also not sold on Strobel. Great player but not sure about him as an assistant yet.
                    I think it’s much too early for a lot of things. We still have players that Eaves recruited on the team.

Also, first 5 games...
                    2005-06: 3-1-1
                    2009-10: 2-2-1

I don’t know about you guys but I wasn’t expecting a really good team this year. Probably going to be a bubble team at best. Anything better is gravy. Anything less is disappointment. Next year expectations rise.

And ffs they need to get some right handed players. 5/6 starting dmen are left handed. Also, they had Weissbach on the left wall for the power play. Idk about you guys but I believe he played right wall prior to Wisconsin and he’s more of a shooter than a distributor, yet they have him in the distributor spot.

Comment

I said earlier that I thought a couple games over .500 would put us in the tournament and be a really good year for this young group. Not going to panic until that gets out of reach. Then I'll panic!

Not a must win tonight, but it's almost one for PWR and to get a little good mojo going.
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                        ...Also, they had Weissbach on the left wall for the power play. Idk about you guys but I believe he played right wall prior to Wisconsin and he’s more of a shooter than a distributor, yet they have him in the distributor spot.
                        Power play is Strobels responsibility. Count me as one not that surprised it's struggling. Defenseman running the pp!

Paging Don Granato stat!

gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                          Power play is Strobels responsibility. Count me as one not that surprised it's struggling. Defenseman running the pp!

Paging Don Granato stat!

After reading the posts, I'm just totally frustrated with this program. Yeah, yeah I know it's early, but there's something to "setting the tone". Losing Don is turning out to be worse than we thought at first, especially since it's obvious Strobel hasn't improved the team. Tony is the head coach; this is on him.

I just don't know what to think anymore. solo mentioned our recent record and compared us to others and I agree. It hurts me to say WI is no longer, and hasn't been for years, a hockey powerhouse. We're just "a guy".

Why can NoDak, BC, BU, MI, DU, and all these small northeast schools continue to reload, rebuild and we're in over 10 years of mediocrity? Even the ****ing gophers don't **** the bed like this.

****ing embarrassing.

EDIT: I don't buy the fact that there are still Eaves` players out there. We've got plenty of new recruits who are supposed to be better than those players.
                          Last edited by MadCityRich; 10-27-2018, 11:53 AM.
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Much better effort thusfar.

Comment

Today went well. More of what I think the team is capable of and should be able to maintain.

The contributions from the underclassmen are vital, and will help with the hope for the future in the worst case.

I’m very curious to know what exactly Achan did to get the gate. On the radio it seemed like he had a few hard hits with some Huskies, so I’m guessing he said things he shouldn’t have.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                                So we got punched... You know the easy solution here? Punch back. Harder.
                                Punch back achieved. Let’s go boys!!

Comment

Working...
                                X