Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winning

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
    I'm sorry, did you come here for an argument?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLlv_aZjHXc
    🤣 I don't remember that one! Back in the day when I watched MP, I was usually under the influence of something!
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      �� I don't remember that one! Back in the day when I watched MP, I was usually under the influence of something!
      I can imagine that it would be easy to forget the show under those circumstances!
      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019: We can have a witty thread title when we start winnin

One of these 2 guys vould help with our anemic PP....
        https://twitter.com/NHLBlackhawks/st...549858816?s=19
        That is a great video. I really like how they show what the Sharks do right.
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky18 View Post
          Well as far as breaks go, they ALWAYS come at a bad time if the team is on a roll....the last couple of years, the team came dragging an anchor into the break so it felt like "thank God, take some time off and get a break so we can start anew next month." This year it's just the opposite. At this point, especially with the World Juniors and 3 top players potentially being out, I'm not super concerned about them not playing if they wouldn't be at full strength. I do wish in the future either the Badgers would start a new Badger Hockey Showdown (Playing in Milwaukee was by far more successful than in Madison), or begin committing to other Winter Tourneys (especially the GLI). No Reason Coach G can't push this issue, especially if he is concerned about maintaining a rhythm over the Christmas break.
          I doubt you'll ever see UW in the GLI again.
          With the 3 "host" teams being locked in as Michigan, Michigan State, and Michigan Tech adding a 3rd B1G team wouldn't make much sense. We already have 4 games in the regular season and are likely to see one of them in the post-season. Adding yet another game wouldn't make much sense.

The recent trend has been to pull another "local" team from WCHA or NCHC
          2021 - Northern Michigan
          2020 - Ferris State
          2019 - Lake Superior State
          2018 - Bowling Green
          2016 - Western Michigan
          2015 - Northern Michigan
          2014 - Ferris State
          2013 - Western Michigan
          2012 - Western Michigan

Comment

Luke Kunin had 10 minutes TOI tonight for MN. He got called up with Mikko Koivu's injury. However, Koivu should play Saturday. The Iowa Wild are in TX tomorrow and the game is on FOX NORTH @ 7:30, but if recalled, I doubt he'd catch up to the team.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

One of these 2 guys vould help with our anemic PP....
              https://twitter.com/NHLBlackhawks/st...549858816?s=19
              The Blackhawks need the help from these guys too. They fire Granato yet so he can come back to UW?

Comment

Originally posted by dtrumbower View Post
                The Blackhawks need the help from these guys too. They fire Granato yet so he can come back to UW?
                Gotta figure that Don will be moved out when they go with a new coaching situation at the end of the season. At the end of the year perhaps the UW situation will be adjusted as well.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                  Gotta figure that Don will be moved out when they go with a new coaching situation at the end of the season. At the end of the year perhaps the UW situation will be adjusted as well.
                  Wishful thinking and I would love to see Donny back, but I think that ship has sailed.
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                    Wishful thinking and I would love to see Donny back, but I think that ship has sailed.
                    Most likely that is correct. I think the UW situation will probably change after the season based on what we have seen from the stats on the PK/PP units though. Don probably won't be involved, but something probably will change.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                      He only comes back to be the head coach, and that may not even be certain if he wants to climb the ladder in the NHL. You know over the summer the musky boys are going to sit around the campfire and talk game.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                        The team is absolutely playing well right now, but let's tap the breaks just a little bit.

Yes, we are at 16 points in the B1G. But we have also played 10 conference games.

OSU is also at 16 points, but has only played 8 conference games.
                        ND is at 15 points, with only 8 games played.

We are solidly ahead of Michigan, they have 12 points with 10 games played.

We are within reach of Minnesota (12 points) and PSU (11 points) who have also only played 8 games.

Even after our sweep of MSU, they are at 8 points with 8 games played.

I think it is crazy that all of the teams are this close to each other. With 6 points up for grab every conference series, there is a lot of room for movement.
                        I'm channeling my inner rainbows and pink unicorns positivity, so no tapping the brakes for me.

Comment

When the Cold War was still on, who remembers when the USSR teams used to play the Badgers at the Coliseum usually on New Year's Eve? One year, I got removed from the first row behind the Russian bench ( I was told to get no closer than 5 rows). I was trying to give a pen to players (between the glass and bench boards) and get autographs in my program. I thought the coach was going to declare war!! ****, I was just trying to be diplomatic.
                          I vaguely remember that. Did they actually try to sign the program? Back then that sort of interaction with a capitalist pig such as yourself would have gotten them 10 years in the gulag. I see what you were doing, not only were you a capitalist pig but you were also trying to clandestinely weaken their team. Double stick tap for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            I vaguely remember that. Did they actually try to sign the program? Back then that sort of interaction with a capitalist pig such as yourself would have gotten them 10 years in the gulag. I see what you were doing, not only were you a capitalist pig but you were also trying to clandestinely weaken their team. Double stick tap for you.
                            Yes! One guy against the back glass had pulled his gloves off (I remember MrsMadCity commenting that they wear their wedding bands on the right ring fingers), and kept looking towards the coaches. He eventually kind of smiled at me and I gave him an "I understand" nod. He wanted to but was clearly afraid....as it turns out I'm happy he didin't touch the pen, because I had highly absorbant poison on it and would have sickened the entire team. USA! USA! USA!

Jeez, we're only a week without Badger hockey and we're already off the deep end.

Comment

• Lukey Q9 looked good for the game against the Flames

https://youtu.be/r-J8wfeEiJA

Comment

Yes! One guy against the back glass had pulled his gloves off (I remember MrsMadCity commenting that they wear their wedding bands on the right ring fingers), and kept looking towards the coaches. He eventually kind of smiled at me and I gave him an "I understand" nod. He wanted to but was clearly afraid....as it turns out I'm happy he didin't touch the pen, because I had highly absorbant poison on it and would have sickened the entire team. USA! USA! USA!

Jeez, we're only a week without Badger hockey and we're already off the deep end.
                                That is an awesome story considering the political climate at the time. Be sure that pen is in a safe place, you don't want any grandkids rifling through the end table drawer and saying "Gramdma, this pen doesn't work and I.......don't ..........feel.........BARF!"

Comment

Working...
                                X